PDA

View Full Version : What's your trade deadline prediction?

MVP
07-19-2006, 02:29 PM
We all know what we would like the Sox do prior to the trade deadline, or what we would try to do if we were GMs, but what do you think the Sox will actually do, if anything, prior to the trade deadline? Try to be at least somewhat specific in terms of who we get or who we may give up.

I'll guess that we make a trade with Pittsburgh and pick up one of their relievers, either Salomon Torres or Roberto Hernandez. I also think that Casey Rogowski may be included as part of that deal, not necessarily a straight up one for one type of deal.

kwolf68
07-19-2006, 02:30 PM
No deals is my prediction.

Soxgirl22
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
My prediction is that they do what's best for the team. And if that's nothing at all, then nothing at all.

spiffie
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
We make a trade to pick up a RH relief pitcher. We give up a prospect who is not in our top 8-10 prospects.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-19-2006, 02:33 PM
How bout we do something that nobody expects and somehow helps the team greatly?

BeviBall!
07-19-2006, 02:33 PM
I still see Kenny addressing CF, even with the great strides BA has taken recently. Perhaps it's a bona fide CF backup so when Mack plays, he can play LF/RF instead.

Tekijawa
07-19-2006, 02:36 PM
No moves

Ol' No. 2
We all know what we would like the Sox do prior to the trade deadline, or what we would try to do if we were GMs, but what do you think the Sox will actually do, if anything, prior to the trade deadline? Try to be at least somewhat specific in terms of who we get or who we may give up.

I'll guess that we make a trade with Pittsburgh and pick up one of their relievers, either Salomon Torres or Roberto Hernandez. I also think that Casey Rogowski may be included as part of that deal, not necessarily a straight up one for one type of deal. Not a bad prediction. Sean Casey is a FA after this season and it's a cinch they're not going to pony up the dough to re-sign him. Rogowski could fit right in. Hernandez is also a FA after this season, so if they could get a good 1B prospect for him, I'm sure the Pirates would jump at the chance. Pass on Torres.

getonbckthr
Relief pitcher, and I have a feeling someone will overpay for Freddy to the point where KW can't say no.

rowand33
07-19-2006, 03:01 PM
it will be a wimper of a deal just like last year.

No one huge is coming or going.

Most likely a reliever. I'd like to see a 4th outfielder too since we don't have one (Mack, Gload, and Ozuna do NOT count. I want a 4th outfielder that can field in left, center, and right. This isn't MVP 2005, we can't just keep sticking players in positions that they don't know)

Mr. White Sox
07-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Relief pitcher, and I have a feeling someone will overpay for Freddy to the point where KW can't say no.

On a similar vein, I don't think a trade gets done unless the value coming from the other team is insane. If KW gets Krivskiredsified, then I could see a deal get done. And we'd all be happy campers.

Dan Mega
07-19-2006, 03:05 PM
it will be a wimper of a deal just like last year.

That was my thought as well. But will this year's "wimper" hit one of the most important homeruns in Sox history like last year's "wimper" did?:D:

QCIASOXFAN
07-19-2006, 03:09 PM
That was my thought as well. But will this year's "wimper" hit one of the most important homeruns in Sox history like last year's "wimper" did?:D: It looked very "wimper" when it happened. Lets hope we can have the same results if the same thing happened again.:smile:

Zisk77
07-19-2006, 03:10 PM
1. Garcia to Philly for Gordan & Rhodes.

2. Rhodes, and prospects to Atl for East Andruw Jones.

3. Derrick Rose verbals to Illinois.

Ok so maybe # 3 Happens :rolleyes:

JermaineDye05
07-19-2006, 03:26 PM
I see kenny going under the radr and trading for someone totally unexpected like a bench player with a .250 average who ends up hitting a pinch hit walk off homer to help lift the sox to a repeat as world champs

Chicken Dinner
07-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Sean Tracy for Javy Lopez with Widger as a throw in.:D:

100 Year Itch
07-19-2006, 04:00 PM
What would it take to snake J.J. Putz from our favorite whipping-boys the Seattle Mariners? Or Ichiro and Putz?

Mr. White Sox
07-19-2006, 04:01 PM
What would it take to snake J.J. Putz from our favorite whipping-boys the Seattle Mariners? Or Ichiro and Putz?

For Putz? Start with McCarthy. So, no.

Rafael Soriano, though? Hrm...

CashMan
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM
I see kenny going under the radr and trading for someone totally unexpected like a bench player with a .250 average who ends up hitting a pinch hit walk off homer to help lift the sox to a repeat as world champs

I don't get the pink.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-19-2006, 04:04 PM
I quote Norman Dale, from the movie "Hoosiers"

"My team's on the floor."

StatHead21
07-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Freddy and prospects to Philly for Gordon and Rowand.

spiffie
07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
For Putz? Start with McCarthy. So, no.

Rafael Soriano, though? Hrm...
They've mentioned that Soriano could possibly be moved if someone overwhelmed them.

StatHead21
07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
They've mentioned that Soriano could possibly be moved if someone overwhelmed them.

He's not worth "overwhelming" the M's

Baby Fisk
07-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Having made no moves, KW will pull an odd little deal on the day of the trading deadline for a seemingly inconsequential player. The deal will cost the Sox little in return. We don't know his name yet, but at a dark moment, that player will save the Sox from near-disaster and become a Sox Legend.

Ol' No. 2
07-19-2006, 04:26 PM
They've mentioned that Soriano could possibly be moved if someone overwhelmed them.The question is, what would they likely want in return? I think you can pretty much assume KW is not going to trade anyone off the 25-man roster. Seattle is mired in last place and not going anywhere, so you could probably do the deal for prospects, but they'd have to be good ones. What they'd like more than anything is to unload Beltre's contract, but good luck with that. But if you could find a third team to take Beltre (and some $$$), you could trade Fields to Seattle and they'd probably be happy to give you half their team in return.

kwolf68
07-19-2006, 04:29 PM
I said not deal and I mean that, but I am a HUUUUUUUGE fan of Astros Chris Burke.

Rumors involving him had me interested, but other than the fact I like that kid I don't think the Sox should move on him (especially for what it'd probably cost us, josh fields)

MVP
07-19-2006, 05:07 PM
[quote=kwolf68]I said not deal and I mean that, but I am a HUUUUUUUGE fan of Astros Chris Burke. quote]

Speaking of the Astros, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Sox ended up getting Willy Taveras. KW was interested in him before and Houston is looking to trade him now. I don't think the price for him would be outragous either and he could probably split time with Anderson.

getonbckthr
07-19-2006, 05:10 PM
[quote=kwolf68]I said not deal and I mean that, but I am a HUUUUUUUGE fan of Astros Chris Burke. quote]

Speaking of the Astros, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Sox ended up getting Willy Taveras. KW was interested in him before and Houston is looking to trade him now. I don't think the price for him would be outragous either and he could probably split time with Anderson.
I wouldn't mind this cause he could backup Brian and possibly be grooved into our future LF/leadoff hitter after Pods leaves.

MarySwiss
07-19-2006, 05:15 PM
I think he'll either stand pat or pick up a legitimate backup outfielder for insurance purposes.

TheOldRoman
07-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Freddy and prospects to Philly for Gordon and Rowand.
:rolleyes:
Rowand isn't coming back. Anderson is better defensively than him, and he is starting to turn it around. Anderson will be our starter next week, next month, and in October. Give it up.

getonbckthr
07-19-2006, 05:24 PM
:rolleyes:
Rowand isn't coming back. Anderson is better defensively than him, and he is starting to turn it around. Anderson will be our starter next week, next month, next year, next decade and in October. Give it up.
You forgot a couple things.

pearso66
07-19-2006, 05:38 PM
I see a move made for another bullpen guy, sending Tracey back down to AAA. I would also like them to get a backup CFer, replacing Gload on the roster. I like Gload, but he rarely plays, I'd rather get someone who can fill in for Anderson, and not just pretend to fill in.

santo=dorf
07-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Sox will make some kind of trade involving Garcia, Vazquez, Garland, Uribe, Anderson, McCarthy, Politte and/or a minor leaguer(s) for either Tom Gordon, Latroy Hawkins, Miguel Tejada, Jason Schmidt, Roberto Hernandez, Andruw Jones, Bobby Abreu and/or Henry Blanco.

I wouldn't mind this cause he could backup Brian and possibly be grooved into our future LF/leadoff hitter after Pods leaves.

Willy Taveras is a horrible hitter.

whitesoxwilkes
07-19-2006, 07:11 PM
One of our SPs in exchange for a bullpen arm and a couple midlevel prospects.