PDA

View Full Version : The Soul of a Sox fan

Notsososox
02-16-2002, 10:04 AM
As another season dawns, I believe the best insight into the soul of a Sox fan can best be drawn from how Yeats once described the Irish:

"Being Irish (a SOX fan) he had an abiding sense of tragedy that sustained him through temporary periods of joy"

Go Sox

PaleHoseGeorge
02-16-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Notsososox
As another season dawns, I believe the best insight into the soul of a Sox fan can best be drawn from how Yeats once described the Irish:

"Being Irish (a SOX fan) he had an abiding sense of tragedy that sustained him through temporary periods of joy"

Go Sox

Hey so-so, for only your tenth post, that's pretty profound. Nice work! You're the early favorite for Post of the Week honors.

:cool:

Spiff
02-16-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Notsososox

Go Sox

That saying is actually framed in my living room. :smile:

DVG
02-17-2002, 08:49 AM
That's a good one. I'll have to search sayings from classical
antiquity to come up with a better one. So far, I have been
able to think of one off the top of my head. It is from Dante,
and it perfectly sums up our annual pennant hopes:

"Abandon hope, all ye who enter Comiskey Park."

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-17-2002, 02:42 PM
:b&b

"Pull my finger!"

:gulp: You guys are too deep for me.

awesomefan
02-17-2002, 02:51 PM
SoxRulecubsdrool: Where do some of you guys come up with all these awesome pictures & cartoons of people wearing White Sox attire. Is that Peavis & Butthead picture one of your own private one of a kind collection????

I love it...hehehehehe

FarWestChicago
02-17-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by awesomefan
SoxRulecubsdrool: Where do some of you guys come up with all these awesome pictures & cartoons of people wearing White Sox attire.Just click on Get More when you see the Tags list to the left of the message entry box. If you aren't on a high speed connection, it will take a while to load. There are 195 tags.