PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day

Lip Man 1
07-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I've been speaking with and e-mailing former Sox infielder Greg Pryor in the past few months. Really nice guy. Anyway he asked me today about Ed Farmer and how he's doing as the play by play guy.

I told him what I thought and what a number of Sox fans are saying about Ed in his new role.

Greg responded with a really funny story which I share with you all.

"When Ed was traded to the Sox from the Rangers (he had just beaned Frank White and Al Cowens while a Ranger) they put him right next to my locker. I asked him about an incident in Rochester that happened between us in 1977 and he replied, 'You mean the time that you took me deep in your first at bat and the next time I tried to throw the pitch through your brain? What about it?..." I still like him.

I can just imagine Farmer with that dry wit saying that to Greg!

:D: :D: :D:

Lip

getonbckthr
07-19-2006, 01:10 PM
I would love for 1 night just to go to a bar with Farmer and here some of his stories.

miker
07-19-2006, 03:27 PM
I would love for 1 night just to go to a bar with Farmer and here some of his stories.
Which is why he was a much better color guy than a play-by-play man...maybe with time it will get better.

LuvSox
07-20-2006, 12:13 AM

Oh hell yeah, he would be a blast.