PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Tonight

getonbckthr
07-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Pretty funny ending tonight. They were talking about Marquis being the 2nd pitcher ever to give up 12+ runs in more than 1 game in a season. The other was Chubby Dean. John Kruk without skipping a beat says "Me and Chubby have something in common." Karl Ravech (sp) dumb-founded asks him, "What do you mean?" Kruk responds with "we're both Fat." Harold Reynolds just bursted out laughing to the point where he stuck his face into his arm. You may not find it funny but if you saw it you would probably think differently.

gbergman
07-19-2006, 03:25 AM
Pretty funny ending tonight. They were talking about Marquis being the 2nd pitcher ever to give up 12+ runs in more than 1 game in a season. The other was Chubby Dean. John Kruk without skipping a beat says "Me and Chubby have something in common." Karl Ravech (sp) dumb-founded asks him, "What do you mean?" Kruk responds with "we're both Fat." Harold Reynolds just bursted out laughing to the point where he stuck his face into his arm. You may not find it funny but if you saw it you would probably think differently.

that was hysterical. If it wasn't for Harolds love of the Yankees and Red Sox i would like him better

ClaudelSleptHere
07-19-2006, 03:43 AM
No need to describe Karl Ravitch as dumbfounded. That is his normal look.

cbrownson13
07-19-2006, 09:38 AM
that was hysterical. If it wasn't for Harolds love of the Yankees and Red Sox i would like him better

And second baseman. He goes crazy for them.

PalehosePlanet
07-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Remember a few years ago when LLoyd Mclendon threw a **** fit while managing The Pirates and uprooted the 2nd base bag, tucked it under his arm and took it back to the dugout? Anyway, Harold Reynolds was crying of laughter during the highlights, he was pounding the desk with one hand and covering his eyes with the other and almost fell out of his chair.

That was really funny.

Mod Edit: See the part in red? That's the language filter. You evaded that filter. You now have a week off.

Iwritecode
07-19-2006, 11:03 AM

I didn't see it but I can imagine Kruk delivering the line. He's just got that way of saying a one-liner where he sounds completely serious but it's still funny.

He cracked me up a couple of times during the celebrity softball game over the AS break. He kept saying stuff like "Those guys are bigger than me, so I just do what they tell me" when talking about Dave Winfield and others.