PDA

View Full Version : I saw Phil Garner at the Apple Store today

Erik The Red
07-18-2006, 10:44 PM
I didn't think a whole lot of it at the time, but I was at the Apple Store on Michigan this morning after getting off work, and about 20 feet away from me was a guy that I could've sworn looked just like Phil Garner. He looked over at me and I tipped my Sox cap to him, and he nodded, then started talking to a lady he was with.

As I left the place I kept thinking how much this guy looked like Phil Garner, but after a while I forgot about it. Then I was watching SportsNite a few minutes ago and noticed that the Astros are in town to play the Scrubs. Now it all makes sense. :D: I kinda feel like an ass for tipping my cap at him, hahaha.

I can only wonder what ol' Scrap Iron was doing at the Apple Store at 10:30 in the morning, though... maybe the 'Stros are staying at the Wyndham a few blocks away?

hi im skot
07-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Tipping your cap made this story even better!

NoShoesJoe
07-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Upgrading his IPOD for all his Ozzie quotes mp3's.

and

"Managing Major League Baseball Teams for Dummies" audio book.

Soxfanspcu11
07-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Did he throw a chair at you??

DaleJRFan
07-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Did he throw a chair at you??

right after Erik kneed him in the groin (inside joke)

So Erik, was this the guy who made a fuss over you cutting in line for your power supply???

Baby Fisk
07-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Surprised his head didn't explode.

jenn2080
07-19-2006, 08:16 AM
I didn't think a whole lot of it at the time, but I was at the Apple Store on Michigan this morning after getting off work, and about 20 feet away from me was a guy that I could've sworn looked just like Phil Garner. He looked over at me and I tipped my Sox cap to him, and he nodded, then started talking to a lady he was with.

As I left the place I kept thinking how much this guy looked like Phil Garner, but after a while I forgot about it. Then I was watching SportsNite a few minutes ago and noticed that the Astros are in town to play the Scrubs. Now it all makes sense. :D: I kinda feel like an ass for tipping my cap at him, hahaha.

I can only wonder what ol' Scrap Iron was doing at the Apple Store at 10:30 in the morning, though... maybe the 'Stros are staying at the Wyndham a few blocks away?

That is too funny.

RKMeibalane
07-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Surprised his head didn't explode.

Or that he didn't start a fight.

russ99
07-19-2006, 03:02 PM

They should be staying at the Ohio House considering the way they stunk up the field last night! I missed Sox-Tigers I and had to deal with stinkin Cub fans for nothing. :angry:

I'm so done with the Astros for this season - It's all Sox now.

dickallen15
07-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I think most teams stay at the Westin except the Cardinals, because that is where Kile died, and the Yankees. Maybe the Marlins trying to cut expenses stay at the Hotel Tokyo.

Tekijawa
07-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Maybe the Marlins trying to cut expenses stay at the Hotel Tokyo.
I'm pretty sure they stay on the team bus in the parking lot on road trips...