PDA

View Full Version : Good Read

lakeviewsoxfan
07-18-2006, 09:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ai.txvjIPmsTtltqwecW1Mo5nYcB?slug=jp-williams071806&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

kingpin_rcs
07-18-2006, 10:24 PM
That is a good article, thanks for posting the link.

koz
07-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Great article.. it's amazing our own papers do not take the time, or effort to write an article like that. I personally would love to learn more about the person instead of just the players.

Lip Man 1
07-19-2006, 10:46 AM
The Chicago newspapers have written stories of Kenny's family in the past.

They included the fact that when the Sox were trying to convince Williams to sign with them and give up football, Reinsdorf personally flew out to California to meet his parents. That was a very rare occurance (then and now)

Williams told the father that if he signed with the Sox, he (Reinsdorf) gave his personal guarantee that he'd 'always' take care of his son.

Lip

MadetoOrta
07-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Great article. KW has done a fantastic job. I saw my beloved Sox win the World Series. Everything else is gravy.

spiffie
07-19-2006, 10:52 AM
That was a good read, shame its so rare to see such a piece in the mainstream media.

It is interesting that he says he's not planning to move guys, but still telling teams to make him an offer. I wonder what, if anything, would get him to move one of our starters. A top-flight closer? Solid middle relief plus a top-top-top of the line prospect (I'm thinking Milledge, Young, Kendrick level)? Just interesting how its worded. I don't expect him to do anything like that, but it gives something to think about until first pitch tonight.

Madvora
07-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Hmmm... so he's the guy who saw "Little Man"

skottyj242
07-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I just like the fact the he used South Side correctly.

hi im skot
07-19-2006, 12:19 PM
That was a good read, shame its so rare to see such a piece in the mainstream media.

It is interesting that he says he's not planning to move guys, but still telling teams to make him an offer. I wonder what, if anything, would get him to move one of our starters. A top-flight closer? Solid middle relief plus a top-top-top of the line prospect (I'm thinking Milledge, Young, Kendrick level)? Just interesting how its worded. I don't expect him to do anything like that, but it gives something to think about until first pitch tonight.

We have that already, though.

He's doing the right thing by letting it be known that he's taking offers...he knows that he's pretty much in the driver's seat right now.