PDA

View Full Version : how do they decide what broadcast to put on MLB.tv?

rowand33
07-18-2006, 06:02 PM
topic says it all...

RKMeibalane
07-18-2006, 06:30 PM
I have no idea.

Kogs35
07-18-2006, 06:30 PM
simply usually its the backhaul feed and unless the game isnt being televised or your playing in toronto you will always get the home team.

MarySwiss
07-18-2006, 06:37 PM
simply usually its the backhaul feed and unless the game isnt being televised or your playing in toronto you will always get the home team.

Are you sure about this, or is it a guess? I seem to recall a number of times over the past two years that I've had MLB.tv where they rotated between feeds over a series.

Fenway
07-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Are you sure about this, or is it a guess? I seem to recall a number of times over the past two years that I've had MLB.tv where they rotated between feeds over a series.

if the home team feed is on broadcast television they sometimes opt for the visiting team feed if it is cable only. This is especially true with Extra Innings where a game might be televised over the air in both teams markets and will not be shown on Extra Innings.

mlb.tv and Extra Innings work seperatly however, mlb.tv is based in Stamford, CT and Extra Innings is based outside of Denver.

MarySwiss
07-18-2006, 06:46 PM
if the home team feed is on broadcast television they sometimes opt for the visiting team feed if it is cable only. This is especially true with Extra Innings where a game might be televised over the air in both teams markets and will not be shown on Extra Innings.

mlb.tv and Extra Innings work seperatly however, mlb.tv is based in Stamford, CT and Extra Innings is based outside of Denver.

Ahhh, the voice of authority. Thanks, Fens!

Kogs35
07-18-2006, 07:01 PM

fenway when the sox are home i always get the wciu feeds on mlb.tv when the sox play on there.

Kogs35
07-18-2006, 07:05 PM
tonight is the reg tigers feed off fsn detroit. the backhaul feed is when theres no commercals and mlb.tv puts in the blue annoying add that makes you miss first pitch sometimes.

Fenway
07-18-2006, 07:32 PM
fenway when the sox are home i always get the wciu feeds on mlb.tv when the sox play on there.

mlb.tv yes never on Extra Innings

ESPN goes thru the same thing, you never know which feed they will tape for SportsCenter ( though they use NESN and YES a lot because it doesn't tie up a dish as it is on cable in CT )

ChiSoxRowand
07-18-2006, 09:58 PM
mlb.tv yes never on Extra Innings

ESPN goes thru the same thing, you never know which feed they will tape for SportsCenter ( though they use NESN and YES a lot because it doesn't tie up a dish as it is on cable in CT )

It seems like they always use the YES feed for the yanks, and you can always hear "see ya!!" in the background.

Sxy Mofo
07-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I have a question about mlb.tv on espn...

The game's on espn tonight. I know this makes me a terrible worker (but so does posting, so, either way)... if the game that's on espn is also on mlb.tv I'm going to stay late and work and have the game on in the background... if espn games are blacked out, I'm headed home to watch.

(I live in denver) So which is it, are mlb.tv games that are espn blacked out or no?

Also, Garland should move to the bullpen, right? At least that's what I was told a month ago on here

Kogs35
07-19-2006, 10:24 AM
I have a question about mlb.tv on espn...

The game's on espn tonight. I know this makes me a terrible worker (but so does posting, so, either way)... if the game that's on espn is also on mlb.tv I'm going to stay late and work and have the game on in the background... if espn games are blacked out, I'm headed home to watch.

(I live in denver) So which is it, are mlb.tv games that are espn blacked out or no?

Also, Garland should move to the bullpen, right? At least that's what I was told a month ago on here

only on sunday nights.