PDA

View Full Version : Cora - Time to Pick It Up

enurb
07-18-2006, 04:47 PM
I've been a fan of Cora's aggressive 3B coaching, but he's really slumping of late. We need Cora to get it together.

1. He failed to score pinch-runner Gload with the tying run on Dye's double in the 9th versus Boston in game 3. Why else was Gload pinch running for Konerko if not to score on a double by Dye?

2. Moments later, he failed to have Gload and Dye tagging up on Crede's drive to deep right field resulting in embarassing little league sequence. Gload should have been released after the game, but Cora has to take some of the blame.

3. Failing to score Iguchi on Thome's double to the corner in RF versus Yanks in 1st inning Sunday. Sure, Gooch is hobbled, but that ball was in the corner forever.

4. Moments later, running Iguchi into an out at home on Konerko's grounder to A-Rod with no out. That's inexcusable. And, it was hurtful b/c it set up double play.

5. On same play, failing to get Konerko into second base during Iguchi's rundown. Konerko's failure to get to 2B would kill inning as next batter Dye hit into inning ending double play.

6. Running Crede into easy out at home versus Yanks on fly to Cabrera.

7. Hitting NL All-star with his fungo bat.

C'mon Joey -- we need you.

Later, Brune

cbotnyse
07-18-2006, 04:55 PM
whats your problem with #7? :D:

CaptainBallz
07-18-2006, 04:56 PM

Didn't Joey get "Pick to Click" for that play??

Anyways, the last couple of weeks there's been plenty of glaring errors by Cora and the runners on the basepaths. That does need to stop. I will say in Cora's defense,though, it seems to be happening less than last season. Up until recently, I hardly noticed he was there...which is a good thing.

thomas35forever
07-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Cora's aggressive methods are always cause for concern, but most of the time he know's what he's doing.

Ol' No. 2
07-18-2006, 05:51 PM
I've been a fan of Cora's aggressive 3B coaching, but he's really slumping of late. We need Cora to get it together.

1. He failed to score pinch-runner Gload with the tying run on Dye's double in the 9th versus Boston in game 3. Why else was Gload pinch running for Konerko if not to score on a double by Dye?

2. Moments later, he failed to have Gload and Dye tagging up on Crede's drive to deep right field resulting in embarassing little league sequence. Gload should have been released after the game, but Cora has to take some of the blame.

3. Failing to score Iguchi on Thome's double to the corner in RF versus Yanks in 1st inning Sunday. Sure, Gooch is hobbled, but that ball was in the corner forever.

4. Moments later, running Iguchi into an out at home on Konerko's grounder to A-Rod with no out. That's inexcusable. And, it was hurtful b/c it set up double play.

5. On same play, failing to get Konerko into second base during Iguchi's rundown. Konerko's failure to get to 2B would kill inning as next batter Dye hit into inning ending double play.

6. Running Crede into easy out at home versus Yanks on fly to Cabrera.

C'mon Joey -- we need you.

Later, BruneWTF??? It's Cora's fault Gload got a bad jump off 1B and failed to score? And it's Cora's fault Gload didn't tag up and almost ran into Dye going back? What's he supposed to do, pick him up and carry him? A coach can only coach. It's up to the players to do the right thing. I don't know what Gload was looking at, but it sure wasn't Cora.

QCIASOXFAN
07-18-2006, 06:15 PM
I don't understand, Hawk always tells me Joey is the best in the game.

INSox56
07-18-2006, 07:13 PM
*****...you've GOT to be kidding me....cut a player from the team because he made one baserunning mistake.

WE NEED TO CUT THOME FOR NOT RUNNING THROUGH AND SLIDING THE OTHER NIGHT, CUT DOWN AT SECOND FROM THE OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

idiocy

The Racehorse
07-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Why is there a thread about Alex Cora in the Sox Clubhouse? :rolleyes:

enurb
07-18-2006, 08:04 PM
*****...you've GOT to be kidding me....cut a player from the team because he made one baserunning mistake.

WE NEED TO CUT THOME FOR NOT RUNNING THROUGH AND SLIDING THE OTHER NIGHT, CUT DOWN AT SECOND FROM THE OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

idiocy

Not kidding. Heck, we sent Politte down after he soiled the bed in NY. See also Sean Tracey.

He can't handle pinch running. And, he's a bust for a PH and a backup 1B/OF. The guy blows and he almost cost us game 3 vs. Boston. Continue to support him, if you must. Part of the blame must go to Cora as well.

enurb
07-18-2006, 08:08 PM
***??? It's Cora's fault Gload got a bad jump off 1B and failed to score? And it's Cora's fault Gload didn't tag up and almost ran into Dye going back? What's he supposed to do, pick him up and carry him? A coach can only coach. It's up to the players to do the right thing. I don't know what Gload was looking at, but it sure wasn't Cora.

Cora and Gload share the blame. As for tackling, good idea. He should've been running stride for stride with him yelling at him to pull his head out and get back to the base.

That was the single worst baserunning blunder I've seen in a very long time. It's little league stuff. Gload and Cora should be embarassed.

I suspect it'll be awhile before Gload gets the call to pinch run.