PDA

View Full Version : Willie Harris DFA'd by Red Sox

Ol' No. 2
07-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Wily Mo takes his place. Also, Javy Lopez sent down to AAA.

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060718&content_id=1562513&vkey=pr_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos)

Brace yourselves. Bafiarocks is bound to weigh in soon with a breathless post about getting Willie back.

MarySwiss
07-18-2006, 05:42 PM

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060718&content_id=1562513&vkey=pr_bos&fext=.jsp&c_id=bos)

Brace yourselves. Bafiarocks is bound to weigh in soon with a breathless post about getting Willie back.

Yeah, but count me as one of those who thought Willie was an important part of this team last year. In fact, if we didn't have Cintron, I'd hope KW would look into reacquiring him. But I'm not real clear on how that whole thing works: If you pick up someone who's DFA, can you send them down to AAA, or does it depend on length of service? Having Willie on standby, so to speak, seems like a cheap insurance policy if conditions are right.

Ol' No. 2
07-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, but count me as one of those who thought Willie was an important part of this team last year. In fact, if we didn't have Cintron, I'd hope KW would look into reacquiring him. But I'm not real clear on how that whole thing works: If you pick up someone who's DFA, can you send them down to AAA, or does it depend on length of service? Having Willie on standby, so to speak, seems like a cheap insurance policy if conditions are right.Willie is out of options. The only way you could send him down to AAA is if he clears waivers and you sign him to a minor league contract.

MarySwiss
07-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Willie is out of options. The only way you could send him down to AAA is if he clears waivers and you sign him to a minor league contract.

Which seems unlikely. Oh, well.

Fenway
07-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Boston used Willie mainly as a pinch runner (.156, 0 HR, 7 RBI and 17 runs) and when he was used as an outfielder he looked shaky. Bosox are kind of forced to use Wily Mo to show they did get value for Bronson Arroyo in a deal that looks worse and worse now that Wakefield maybe headed for the DL.

Ol' No. 2
07-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Boston used Willie mainly as a pinch runner (.156, 0 HR, 7 RBI and 17 runs) and when he was used as an outfielder he looked shaky. Bosox are kind of forced to use Wily Mo to show they did get value for Bronson Arroyo in a deal that looks worse and worse now that Wakefield maybe headed for the DL.Willy shaky in the OF??? You must be talking about a different Willie Harris.

rowand33
07-18-2006, 06:00 PM
aw. poor guy.

Maybe the Royals will pick him up and he can get a little more PT

Baby Fisk
07-18-2006, 06:01 PM
The record for exclamation points in a single post could very well fall today.

ondafarm
07-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey! Doesn't Willie play center field?

RKMeibalane
07-18-2006, 06:30 PM
:bafia

"OMG! OMG!" *passes out*

Jjav829
07-18-2006, 06:34 PM

Over/under on exclamation marks used by bafia in her post: 27. I'll take the over. :D:

y2j2785
07-18-2006, 08:33 PM
aw. poor guy.

Maybe the Royals will pick him up and he can get a little more PT

Im not sure about that. Royals got Grudzialanek at 2B. Plus they have Sanders, Gathright, and DeJesus in the OF. I hope he gets more PT somewhere though.

buehrle4cy05
07-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey! Doesn't Willie play center field?

:rolling:

LuvSox
07-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Willie Harris, your next Cub. :o:

gbergman
07-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Wheres Bafia at? i thought she would of been here by now

RKMeibalane
07-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Wheres Bafia at? i thought she would of been here by now

See my post. I think she's probably somewhere resting. :cool:

gbergman
07-18-2006, 09:23 PM
See my post. I think she's probably somewhere resting. :cool:
lol, probably.

Palehose13
07-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Poor kid. I hope she makes better choices for dates. She seems to pick loser baseball players. :(:

Mr. White Sox
07-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Poor kid. I hope she makes better choices for dates. She seems to pick loser baseball players. :(:
If I were a girl I'd totally have a crush on Willie Harris, D'Angelo Jimenez, Mike Porzio and Matt Ginter too!

I guess you can't choose who you fall in love with. :D:

daveeym
07-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Poor kid. I hope she makes better choices for dates. She seems to pick loser baseball players. :(: That's the funniest and possibly meanest thing I've ever seen on this board. :o: :cool: :D:

Palehose13
07-18-2006, 09:32 PM
That's the funniest and possibly meanest thing I've ever seen on this board. :o: :cool: :D:
She seems like a nice kid with a good heart. I just hope that I'm not seeing a pattern. See, my crush was on Ozzie Guillen. I make excellent choices in men. :cool:

LuvSox
07-18-2006, 09:36 PM
She seems like a nice kid with a good heart. I just hope that I'm not seeing a pattern. See, my crush was on Ozzie Guillen. I make excellent choices in men. :cool:

POTW :D:

soxfanreggie
07-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure Bafia is now taken. However, she doesn't seem to be home tonight to ask. However, if she sees this, I predict a 20 exclamation point night.

RKMeibalane
07-18-2006, 09:43 PM
If I were a girl I'd totally have a crush on Willie Harris, D'Angelo Jimenez, Mike Porzio and Matt Ginter too!

I guess you can't choose who you fall in love with. :D:

:hitless

"What about me? My fielding percentage record will stand forever!"

:hurt

"Royce, no woman would ever sleep with a man who can't hit. Chicks dig the longball."

"Your ex-wife did."

:walnuts :maggs

"Ooohhh! Ooohhh!"

*Steam rising from head*

PKalltheway
07-18-2006, 10:48 PM

"Royce, no woman would ever sleep with a man who can't hit. Chicks dig the longball."

"Your ex-wife did."

"Ooohhh! Ooohhh!"

*Steam rising from head*
:kneeslap: :roflmao: That's hilarious!!!

DSpivack
07-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Willie was DFA'd? I didn't know he was in Apocalypse Now!

soxfanreggie
07-18-2006, 11:52 PM
RK...now that is classic!

BainesHOF
07-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Willie Harris is not a major leaguer ballplayer. Never has been. But he did get a key hit for us in Game 4 of the World Series and for that I'll always been grateful to him.

Nellie_Fox
07-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Willie Harris, your next Cub. :o:

http://www.speakingofsports.com/speakers/images/Baker.jpgHe'd bring a veteran presence to the clubhouse.

dcb56
07-19-2006, 01:20 AM
http://www.speakingofsports.com/speakers/images/Baker.jpgHe'd bring a veteran presence to the clubhouse.

He can also play second base. Sounds like a match made in heaven.

SpartanSoxFan
07-19-2006, 01:20 AM

"Your ex-wife did."

"Ooohhh! Ooohhh!"

*Steam rising from head*

Is this true? If it is, HILARIOUS!!!

I wasn't aware we had our own Sandberg/Palmiero situation here on the South Side.

bafiarocks03
07-19-2006, 01:55 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heckkkk!!!!!!!! Why would they do this! he's pretty much, well amazing! And bam so i dindt' even bother reading the link rightnow, i'm too mad! And The fact that I am cryingggg! How am I supposed to see him!!! And keep up on what he's doing!!!!! I hate boston!! *** are they thinking!!! I dont get ittt!!! but on teh bright side of thingssss!!!!!!!! At least i got to see him while i could!! BUT STILL!!!!!!!!! ***!!

SO where is my man now!????? just floating out somewhere in the baseball world!!! Gosh, I am pisseddd!!!!!!! and saddd!!!

and you guys are all just making fun of me! Gee thanks!

psh, no simpathy..

poor Willie, It's ok babe, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

getonbckthr
07-19-2006, 01:59 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the heckkkk!!!!!!!! Why would they do this! he's pretty much, well amazing! And bam so i dindt' even bother reading the link rightnow, i'm too mad! And The fact that I am cryingggg! How am I supposed to see him!!! And keep up on what he's doing!!!!! I hate boston!! *** are they thinking!!! I dont get ittt!!! but on teh bright side of thingssss!!!!!!!! At least i got to see him while i could!! BUT STILL!!!!!!!!! ***!!

SO where is my man now!????? just floating out somewhere in the baseball world!!! Gosh, I am pisseddd!!!!!!! and saddd!!!

psh, no simpathy..

:dunno: :unsure: :kukoo: :smokin: :nuts: :praying:

MisterB
07-19-2006, 02:01 AM
Exclaimation mark count:
TOTAL: 103
Most Consecutive: 33

:D:

bafiarocks03
07-19-2006, 02:05 AM
Exclaimation mark count:

you honestly counted alll those!???

gbergman
07-19-2006, 03:24 AM
you honestly counted alll those!???
As did I! he is correct most in a row 33 grand total 103

Personelly I always liked willie

Mr. White Sox
07-19-2006, 05:47 AM

psh, no simpathy..

Well, at least we agree on one thing! :wink:

(like the city, HATE the damn team)

Baby Fisk
07-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Exclaimation mark count:

And the judges confirm it. The new record for exclamation points in a single post: 103 (Bafiarocks)

BTW: RKM that was freakin hiliarious!

itsnotrequired
07-19-2006, 09:08 AM

psh, no simpathy..

Hey, look on the bright side: By not being on a MLB team, he has more time to hang out with you now.

PalehosePlanet
07-19-2006, 10:43 AM
I'd rather have a decent pinch runner like Willie at this point than Ross Gload who is a pinch-nothing.

Chicken Dinner
07-19-2006, 10:57 AM
I'd rather have a decent pinch runner like Willie at this point than Ross Gload who is a pinch-nothing.

Time to read the stats.

CaptainBallz
07-19-2006, 12:48 PM
....heckkkk!!!!!!!! ....cryingggg! ... ittt!!! ... thingssss!!!!!!!! ....pisseddd!!!!!!! and saddd!!!

Is this the messageboard equivalent of the "quivering lip" when someones about to cry? yyyyy

tstrike2000
07-19-2006, 12:51 PM

I'd rather have Ross Gload up at the dish any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Fenway
07-19-2006, 12:53 PM

If he isn't claimed he will go to AAA Pawtucket, Rhode Island ( a lovely place )

SABRSox
07-19-2006, 01:09 PM

Ugh. I'm afraid your wit does not make up for your complete lack of knowledge.

Gavin
07-19-2006, 01:56 PM

psh, no simpathy..

You can't be real.

gbergman
07-19-2006, 02:11 PM
You can't be real.
then you must be new here :welcome:

rowand33
07-19-2006, 03:07 PM

psh, no simpathy..

um... if it's any consolation to you, this is rotoworld's comment on Willie being DFA'd:

Red Sox designated outfielder Willie Harris for assignment.
A future Minnesota Twin? Harris got 45 at-bats in 47 games for the Red Sox and hit .156/.250/.200. He's already said he's not interested in returning to Triple-A Pawtucket.

If he's with the Twins, you could see him way more than with Boston.

Gremlin3
07-19-2006, 03:36 PM
then you must be new here :welcome:
LOL!

Don't post here much but I've read more than enough to know about her love for Willie.

Baby Fisk
07-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Red Sox designated outfielder Willie Harris for assignment.
A future Minnesota Twin?

If he's with the Twins, you could see him way more than with Boston.
If Minnesota scoops him up, he could be back in Chicago as early as Monday night. The Twins are also back in town for a weekend in August.

Ol' No. 2
07-19-2006, 03:51 PM
If Minnesota scoops him up, he could be back in Chicago as early as Monday night. The Twins are also back in town for a weekend in August.OMG. When bafiarocks reads this, the exclamation point record could fall. I hope the poor kid doesn't hyperventilate. Stand by.

bafiarocks03
07-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Ok then lets' just prayyyyyyyy to god that Willie does go to Minnyy! That would be pretty sweetttttttt!! DO IT!!!!!!!!

Palehose13
07-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Ok then lets' just prayyyyyyyy to god that Willie does go to Minnyy! That would be pretty sweetttttttt!! DO IT!!!!!!!!

I'm praying that the Tigers pick him up. :redneck

PKalltheway
07-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Willie Harris is not a major leaguer ballplayer. Never has been. But he did get a key hit for us in Game 4 of the World Series and for that I'll always been grateful to him.
Have to agree with you there. What he did in the 8th inning of Game 4 last year was clutch!:cool:

maurice
07-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Willie is an *******, but PHP is right that he'd be more valuable to this team than Gload, who never plays. At least Willie can pinch run. Plus, his questionable defense in CF >>> Mackowiak's horrible defense in CF. Finally, with less playing time in CF, Mack could easily take on all of Gload's extremely limited duties (PH and backup RF / 1B).

thomas35forever
07-20-2006, 04:38 PM
LOL!

Don't post here much but I've read more than enough to know about her love for Willie.
I remember reading her Xanga about it a year ago. When I saw her post here, I knew it was her.