PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen help SD's Linebrink??

getonbckthr
07-18-2006, 04:35 AM
I just saw on cbs.sportsline.com rumor's page that many teams have inquired about Linebrink. One of the players SD has looked at in return was Corey Koskie. Knowing that would you offer Cintron for Linebrink and bring up Fields in Alex's spot?

Mr. White Sox
07-18-2006, 05:06 AM
I just saw on cbs.sportsline.com rumor's page that many teams have inquired about Linebrink. One of the players SD has looked at in return was Corey Koskie. Knowing that would you offer Cintron for Linebrink and bring up Fields in Alex's spot?

No way. As in, no way is Koskie worth Linebrink. Linebrink could even close for quite a few teams, and he's having a great year. He also has a constant 2-3 ERA the past few years. I'd be shocked if the Sox could land him for anything less than one of the better prospects in the organization, especially considering the sellers market for teams dealing pitchers.

michned
07-18-2006, 07:48 AM
But why on Earth would the Pads unload him when they are leading their Division?

twsoxfan5
07-18-2006, 09:29 AM
I heard yesterday on ESPN 1000 (Levine) that it would be possible that the Sox would give up Vasquez or Garcia and maybe Anderson for Linebrink and Cameron.

getonbckthr
07-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Here's the link if you don't believe me (scroll down to SD):
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/MLB_SC-RUMOR

russ99
07-18-2006, 10:16 AM
I heard yesterday on ESPN 1000 (Levine) that it would be possible that the Sox would give up Vasquez or Garcia and maybe Anderson for Linebrink and Cameron.

Good lord. That would be a horrible deal, even though I'd love to see Linebrink in a Sox uniform.

Mike Cameron today is nothing like the Mike Cameron we used to see at CF for the Sox. I'd even go as far as saying Anderson might be a better fielder than Cameron at this point and he will certainly be a better hitter in the next few years.

DaleJRFan
07-18-2006, 10:47 AM
The Cheat @ SouthSideSox has this story, too. He pretty much laughs at it as well. Also mentions that the Sox scouts have been attending games at SD's minor league affiliates. Maybe something bigger is in the mix.

kittle42
07-18-2006, 11:05 AM
I just saw on cbs.sportsline.com rumor's page

What is so hard about apostrophes?

getonbckthr
07-18-2006, 11:07 AM
What is so hard about apostrophes?
I'm an idiot.:D:

Jjav829
07-18-2006, 11:09 AM

No way Cintron gets us Linebrink. There have been rumors the past couple of days about the Braves and Padres swapping Linebrink for Betemit, which makes sense for both teams.

Jjav829
07-18-2006, 11:14 AM
But why on Earth would the Pads unload him when they are leading their Division?

The Padres bullpen is pretty deep. Aside from Hoffman and Linebrink, Scott Cassidy, Brian Sweeney and even former Sox Jon Adkins have all pitched well for the Pads. But they desperately need some offense. That's why the Betemit-for-Linebrink trade makes sense, though the Pads reportedly want a little more included. Betemit could take over 3B and provide them with a lot more offense than Vinny Castilla has given them.

I suggested a couple months ago that the Padres would want Josh Fields and I think they probably still would. They want a 3B (and reports have them interested in Morgan Ensberg), and I think they'd be willing to start Fields right now.

getonbckthr
07-18-2006, 11:14 AM
No way Cintron gets us Linebrink. There have been rumors the past couple of days about the Braves and Padres swapping Linebrink for Betemit, which makes sense for both teams.
Ya saw his name in there too I was just figuring if SD was asking about Koskie that Cintron would have a chance as well.

07-18-2006, 11:25 AM
I heard this from Bruce yesterday...he didn't mention much about Cameron, but did say Linebrink was on the radar. He also said Madduz would go to a NL West team...so bank on us not getting Linebrink and Maddux to go to a NL East team

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-18-2006, 11:09 PM
What about Casey Rogowski? He really doesn't have a future with the Sox because of Konerko, Thome, and even Gload. He's not necessarily a bad prospect.

buehrle4cy05
07-19-2006, 01:15 AM
:puking:

That icon doesn't do justice to what I think of that. That might just be the dumbest thing the Sox could do right now.

EDIT: Phew, I missed the part about Levineline reporting it. Thank God nothing will come of it.

hold2dibber
07-19-2006, 09:52 AM
I suggested a couple months ago that the Padres would want Josh Fields and I think they probably still would. They want a 3B (and reports have them interested in Morgan Ensberg), and I think they'd be willing to start Fields right now.

Fields would be too much to give up for Linebrink - as much as I'd love to have him, a 60 IP/year middle reliever is not worth a top position player prospect.