07-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Add shannon stewart to that list
Possibly out for the season
Sore foot also.
Watch the Twins drop like bowling pins.

Norberto7
07-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Watch the Twins drop like bowling pins.
It's true. Hunter and Stewart no sooner finish teaching Liriano his change-up, showing Mauer and Morneau how to hit like All-Stars, and molding Kubel and Bartlett into solid young players, and now they are gone...

Lip Man 1
07-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I think Lew Ford is also on the DL so obviously they aren't going to be trading Hunter and with them 6 1/2 out of the wild card they are in a tough spot. Do they buy or sell?

Lip

LuvSox
07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Twins should sell and come back stronger next year. 2007 is already interesting.

Mohoney
07-17-2006, 10:30 PM
I wonder how much of this is turf-related?

TDog
07-18-2006, 04:05 AM
I wonder how much of this is turf-related?

It wouldn't surprise me if the turf caused Hunter's injury. I read that he didn't injure it on a specific play. He came out of the lineup because his foot was too sore to continue.

Jjav829
07-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Twins should sell and come back stronger next year. 2007 is already interesting.

Agreed. It would be pointless for the Twins to trade any potentially good prospects to try to make a run this year. They have four great players to build around. Add in guys like Cuddyer, Kubel, Baker and their good bullpen arms and they will be tough next year. But they should probably be looking toward next year.

WizardsofOzzie
07-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Link www.mlb.com (http://www.mlb.com) Look under News

His gold glove is locked up now :rolleyes:

Twins Win
07-18-2006, 01:00 PM
They had Hunter on KFAN here yesterday in the Twin Cities, he says he will be back after the 15 days. It's a stress fracture that they couldn't see in X-Rays. He wasn't sure but thinks it was caused from the ankle injury he had last season. He came back after only 7-8 months from that injury. Normally it takes 12-18.

hawkjt
07-18-2006, 01:09 PM
I am just surprised that two weeks is enough time to cure a stress fracture. Could he be coming back too soon again?

That home field advantage of the twins is big- best home record in mlb. Cannot wait til they get that new outdoor place built.

Twins Win
07-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Same here. I refuse to go to the Metrodome. I'll drive to Milwaukee every year and watch the Twins series there. Hunter has always complained about the turf. He wouldn't comment on it yesterday when asked if the turf might have been part of the cause of the injury.

Iwritecode
07-18-2006, 05:52 PM
They had Hunter on KFAN here yesterday in the Twin Cities, he says he will be back after the 15 days. It's a stress fracture that they couldn't see in X-Rays. He wasn't sure but thinks it was caused from the ankle injury he had last season. He came back after only 7-8 months from that injury. Normally it takes 12-18.

Stress fracture in the foot by coming back too early from another injury? Why does that sound familiar?