PDA

View Full Version : Not so 'Hard Bake'

SoxFanPrope
07-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Boers and Bernstein just ran a clip of Scott Eyre, saying, "part of the reason I came here was because of the loose atmosphere in the clubhouse. How Dusty really didn't have any rules."

He also threw Jacque Jones under neath the bus. So basically, the only free agents the Cubs get are ones that like to get away with anything.

Baby Fisk
07-17-2006, 04:55 PM
It really is getting to the point where you feel sorry for diehard Cub fans (the ones who actually follow the game of baseball, not Cellphone Chad and Tanktop Trixie).

nasox
07-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I felt bad for them yesterday when they were up 5-2 and then gave up a grand slam. I really did feel bad.

peeonwrigley
07-17-2006, 05:00 PM
I felt bad for them yesterday when they were up 5-2 and then gave up a grand slam. I really did feel bad.

I laughed and then fell asleep (I had laid down for a nap anyways - regular season baseball always helps me sleep). Turns out I missed the fireworks that followed later in the inning.

batmanZoSo
07-17-2006, 05:01 PM

I was at the gym and they were playing the radio broadcast when they were up 5-2. Then...grand slam, 6-5. Then another rbi, 7-5. Then...grand slam, 11-5. It was hilarious. I had one of my best workouts ever. :wink:

Baby Fisk
07-17-2006, 05:09 PM
I was at the gym and they were playing the radio broadcast when they were up 5-2. Then...grand slam, 6-5. Then another rbi, 7-5. Then...grand slam, 11-5. It was hilarious. I had one of my best workouts ever. :wink:Saw the first grand slam, went to pick up some food, got home in time to see the second grand slam. It was truly awesome. How can you not love the Mets?!

CaptainBallz
07-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Boers and Bernstein just ran a clip of Scott Eyre, saying, "part of the reason I came here was because of the loose atmosphere in the clubhouse. How Dusty really didn't have any rules."

He also threw Jacque Jones under neath the bus. So basically, the only free agents the Cubs get are ones that like to get away with anything.

I heard that this morning. They're so screwed. It's awesome. So, in just this week there's Jones getting into it w/ ignorant racist fans, Cubs being on the business end of a record-setting butt whooping from the Mets that culminated in ignorant fans trashing their "historic" field on national television, and a player idiotically throwing his manager under the bus for being lax and throwing another player under a different bus for having that influence his decision to join the organization.

Boy, oh boy...Meanwhile, in the Clubhouse, the Sox are "flawed"... I'll take that flawed pennant race any day...

The Critic
07-17-2006, 05:20 PM
So maybe his nickname should be "Twice Bake"?
You know, looks kind of hard on the outside, but is mushy and soft on the inside, like a twice-baked potato.
:D:

SoxFanPrope
07-17-2006, 05:21 PM
So maybe his nickname should be "Twice Bake"?
You know, looks kind of hard on the outside, but is mushy and soft on the inside, like a twice-baked potato.
:D:

:kneeslap::roflmao::rolling:

Uncle_Patrick
07-17-2006, 09:43 PM
What did he say about Jones?