PDA

View Full Version : Peter Gammons leaves hospital, enters rehab

Fenway
07-17-2006, 03:01 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2006/07/17/espn_analyst_gammons_moved_from_hospital_to_rehab_ after_aneurysm/

"Peter, his family and his doctors are very pleased with the progress that Peter has made following surgical repair of a brain aneurysm," she said in the statement released by the hospital. "We all want to thank you for the positive thoughts and good wishes that have been sent Peter's way. We also appreciate your understanding and respect for our privacy at this time."

Dan Mega
07-17-2006, 03:36 PM
He'll be back gushing about Boston and New York in no time.:D:

Law11
07-17-2006, 03:38 PM
He'll be back gushing about Boston and New York in no time.:D:

Wouldnt have it any other way...

soltrain21
07-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Best of luck to you, Peter. As much as I and some other people rip on you, it just wouldn't be the same without you reporting on the Red Sox and Yankees.

Fenway
07-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Home Run Derby night wasn't the same without Peter keeping Berman in check. I really hope we see him back at the ballpark real soon though I suspect he won't be traveling as much for awhile.

DaleJRFan
07-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Great News.

BBTN isnt the same without him. Get well soon, Peter!!!

NoShoesJoe
07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Despite his bias, I like him and certainly can't wait until he's back broadcasting.

Brian26
07-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Despite his bias, I like him and certainly can't wait until he's back broadcasting.

I've got a dvd of the ESPN postgame wrap they did from the outfield in Houston after the clincher. He may be a Red Sox fan at heart, but that didn't prevent him from gushing over the White Sox like I've never seen any media guy/gal from Chicago gush. He ranked the '05 team as one of the greatest of all time, right up there with the '75 Reds and the '98 Yankees...and going back to the '27 Yankees. He spent five minutes going over the stats from the 2005 season and talking about what an unbelievable accomplishment this team made. I'll always appreciate him for that. It was completely honest and refreshing.

tlebar318
07-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Good news Indeed..hopefully the damage done to his health can be somewhat reversed...agreed that watching Baseball Tonight is not the same even with his East Coast Bias--Get well soon Peter!

FarWestChicago
07-17-2006, 09:07 PM
I've got a dvd of the ESPN postgame wrap they did from the outfield in Houston after the clincher. He may be a Red Sox fan at heart, but that didn't prevent him from gushing over the White Sox like I've never seen any media guy/gal from Chicago gush. He ranked the '05 team as one of the greatest of all time, right up there with the '75 Reds and the '98 Yankees...and going back to the '27 Yankees. He spent five minutes going over the stats from the 2005 season and talking about what an unbelievable accomplishment this team made. I'll always appreciate him for that. It was completely honest and refreshing.That was great stuff. No Chicago reporter ever came close to that enthusiasm for and appreciation of the Right Sox. At that point I realized how much Gammons loved baseball. He may be a Wrong Sox follower, but he's a HUGE baseball fan and a good guy. :smile:

Fenway
07-18-2006, 05:32 PM
One night last summer I was in a group at Fenway talking with Peter and he said in passing how much he wished his college roomate was alive so he could needle him about the White Sox having such a great year. His roommate at UNC was Jeff MacNelly the creator of Shoe. ( who bled Cubbie blue )

WEEI did something nice for Peter and I hope he was able to see it on TV to brighten his spirits

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/BDD_PG_7.13.06_bgbc.jpg