PDA

View Full Version : Josh Fields Defense?

JermaineDye05
07-17-2006, 01:23 PM
now I know he's no Joe Crede but what have you people seen from Josh on his defensive end, would you say he's bad, average, good or what

SoxFan76
07-17-2006, 03:33 PM
This is what I've heard from the people who will be posting in this thread shortly (Randar, maurice, KRS)

He isn't very good, average at best, although he's gotten better. They were talking about teaching him the outfield though.

Randar68
07-17-2006, 04:09 PM
This is what I've heard from the people who will be posting in this thread shortly (Randar, maurice, KRS)

He isn't very good, average at best, although he's gotten better. They were talking about teaching him the outfield though.

No, no, no...

He's not Joe Crede, but he's average at worst, IMO.

The only people on here talking about moving him to OF are the ones trying to find a way to fit his bat into the order somewhere without replacing Joe Crede.

He's yet to play an out of professional ball in the OF and because it would lower his trade value to do so regularly, I doubt you will see it happen this year.

KRS1
07-17-2006, 05:36 PM
No, no, no...

He's not Joe Crede, but he's average at worst, IMO.

The only people on here talking about moving him to OF are the ones trying to find a way to fit his bat into the order somewhere without replacing Joe Crede.

He's yet to play an out of professional ball in the OF and because it would lower his trade value to do so regularly, I doubt you will see it happen this year.

I agree completely. When I saw him in 05' ST, he looked like a sure position change was in order for him to make it to the bigs. Then I saw him again in the AFL, and he looked exponentially better at everything(fielding,throwing, even hitting). I believe I posted this after one of the games I saw him in, he made a great stab running to his right and launched a missile to first about five feet right of third base. The last time I saw him was this ST, he actually looked like a third baseman out there. Still booted a couple routine balls here and there, but everything from his reaction, timing, footwork, and positioning for the throw looked above average. At this point I would probably call him a major league average three bagger defensively, and that is amazing considering how bad he appeared to me a little over a season ago.

kwolf68
07-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I got a chance to see him...he is far from average at best. What is most important is he has improved very much since last year. You'd think that he'll be even better next year.

One player on the Charlotte team who played brilliant defense was Valendia. He has great technique defensively and very soft hands. I didn't get a read on his range, but if we needed someone to come up and spell Juan I think this guy could do it, in the field at least. I believe he's an older player, but I still like the way he fields.