PDA

View Full Version : I think this judge

Daver
02-15-2002, 05:10 PM
Is trying to screw Bud in every way possible.

http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/articles/20020215/383236.html

czalgosz
02-15-2002, 05:17 PM
It would be pretty interesting if Selig simply refused to hand over the documents, as it's clear that that judge's jurisdiction ends at the Hennepin County line.

It would be one way to force a federal judge to review the case, as MLB's paperwork is in New York.

ma-gaga
02-15-2002, 05:25 PM
Roger Magnuson, a lawyer for the Twins and Selig, asked Crump to deny the information request, calling it "laborious" and "an enormous burdensome discovery" that will require the participation of all 30 major league clubs

oh. My heart bleeds for them. I thought they didn't have any plans to eliminate teams? That's why the two teams were 'unnamed'.

This is just getting hilarious. The witch hunt has begun!!! :)

:tool
"Congress wants to 'chat'? Talk to my lawyer."
"Subpeona? oopsy, does anyone know a good lawyer?"

:reinsy
"I'll find you Bud. I will always find you."

ma-gaga
02-15-2002, 05:35 PM
plus, if I may rant, a fricking judge is ordering this to continue. This isn't a suit that can be dismissed. The judge is getting involved. This is great, first congress, then the courts, I can't wait for George W. to get in the act.

although, technically he's kind of an ex-owner

I can't believe Bud planned on this. goodbye anti-trust, we hardly knew you. Goodbye secrets, goodbye backroom handshakes, goodnight moon. I hope for his sake, Bud doesn't have any documentation. The shredder will be working overtime on this one.

"I've fallen and I can't get up"

FarWestChicago
02-15-2002, 05:43 PM
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I think Daver and ma-gaga are having a little fun at the Tool's expense. :D:

I can't comment. Please talk to my lawyer.

Spiff
02-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I think Daver and ma-gaga are having a little fun at the Tool's expense. :D:

Yeh and it is funny to watch.

Daver
02-15-2002, 06:52 PM

Now would I do that?

:redneck

ma-gaga
02-16-2002, 11:17 PM

Me? enjoying a judge calling out MLB? :)

Hey bud, have a beer, you'll need it. :gulp: