PDA

View Full Version : TRADE may or may not occur sometime soon perhaps!

MERPER
07-17-2006, 01:11 PM
I know everyone's opinion of me on this board right now is not very good... while I do believe I have raised valid points with my most recent thread, the way I state things might be a bit too harsh... Anyways, I have ties in with 4 major media outlets in Chicago so I figured I'd let you all in on something I was told last night...

A good friend of mine does some producing at the Score and talked to Ozzie Guillen Jr. before he did his Latin baseball show last night... Ozzie Jr. travels with the team and knows a lot of inside info. He told my friend not to panic or jump off the ledge just yet and "Kenny will be making a big trade very soon!"

My buddy asked who the trade involves and Ozzie Jr. could not say, he also asked specifically when we can expect something and he didn't know but he said it should be pretty soon (days I would assume)... Just wanted to share...

The Critic
07-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Just to add to this, I have ALSO heard that SEVERAL MLB teams, some possibly in the same division as the Sox (or not) will be trading players you may or may not have heard of to other MLB teams (some of which also may be in the Sox' division) in the next two weeks.

Oh, and when it happens I WILL be around to say "I told ya so!!!!"

Domeshot17
07-17-2006, 01:15 PM
White Sox Wednesday is coming up!?! haha

cleanwsox
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar.... :supernana:

Palehose13
Just to add to this, I have ALSO heard that SEVERAL MLB teams, some possibly in the same division as the Sox (or not) will be trading players you may or may not have heard of to other MLB teams (some of which also may be in the Sox' division) in the next two weeks.

Oh, and when it happens I WILL be around to say "I told ya so!!!!"

Nice. :D:

oeo
I know everyone's opinion of me on this board right now is not very good... while I do believe I have raised valid points with my most recent thread, the way I state things might be a bit too harsh... Anyways, I have ties in with 4 major media outlets in Chicago so I figured I'd let you all in on something I was told last night...

A good friend of mine does some producing at the Score and talked to Ozzie Guillen Jr. before he did his Latin baseball show last night... Ozzie Jr. travels with the team and knows a lot of inside info. He told my friend not to panic or jump off the ledge just yet and "Kenny will be making a big trade very soon!"

My buddy asked who the trade involves and Ozzie Jr. could not say, he also asked specifically when we can expect something and he didn't know but he said it should be pretty soon (days I would assume)... Just wanted to share...

If this is true (I don't really know how you can say a big deal is going to go down soon...I mean, if it goes down, doesn't it usually go down pretty quickly?) than I hope it's not the Anderson-McCarthy for Schmidt trade...:puking:

JermaineDye05
07-17-2006, 01:19 PM
TODD WALKER!:bandance:

Tekijawa
07-17-2006, 01:20 PM
My Cousin heard the same thing at the airport this morning when Kenny Williams was walking by talking on his cell phone. He said something to the effect of, "I'll accept the trade soon, boy this is going to be a big trade!"

Baby Fisk
07-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Did it occur to your good friend that Ozzie Jr. essentially told him nothing, but left the impression that he'd told him something?

Smart boy, that Ozzie Jr...

Paulwny
07-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Where the hell did Otis go ?

The Dude
07-17-2006, 01:24 PM

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/4/K/familyGuy__Brian_tini_72.jpg
Are you sure your friend heard about a big trade?....are you sure it wasn't....nothing?????

MERPER
07-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Listen, I never said this was groundbreaking news.. he can't reveal player names due to MLB tampering rules... and he has no way of knowing EXACTLY when the trade would go down... all I wanted to do was let everyone know that it appears something big is in the works... we have been lead in 2 different directions the past week.. 1 being that a starter will be dealt for a package of middle relievers/centerfielder... another being that nothing big is going to happen, maybe some slight tinkering.... I feel as though Ozzie Jr. is a good source of knowing that something big might go down soon!

ilsox7
07-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Did it occur to your good friend that Ozzie Jr. essentially told him nothing, but left the impression that he'd told him something?

Smart boy, that Ozzie Jr...

Exactly. Here's my latest rumor. There is a chance a trade will be made in the next 10-14 days. However, if nothing happens, it's because it fell through at the last minute. Book it.

SoxFanPrope
Ozzie Jr. basically told him, "If a tree falls in a forest, and I am not sure when that might be, there may or may not be a sound."

JermaineDye05
Listen, I never said this was groundbreaking news.. he can't reveal player names due to MLB tampering rules... and he has no way of knowing EXACTLY when the trade would go down... all I wanted to do was let everyone know that it appears something big is in the works... we have been lead in 2 different directions the past week.. 1 being that a starter will be dealt for a package of middle relievers/centerfielder... another being that nothing big is going to happen, maybe some slight tinkering.... I feel as though Ozzie Jr. is a good source of knowing that something big might go down soon!

well thanks for the info, but no offense I won't believe anything until I hear it official

DrCrawdad
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar.... :supernana:

NOOOO!!!!

The Dude
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Exactly. Here's my latest rumor. There is a chance a trade will be made in the next 10-14 days. However, if nothing happens, it's because it fell through at the last minute. Book it.
I heard this trade may or may not include a star player and may or may not include one of our pitchers and also may or may not include a prospect. But the kicker is the owners may veto it at the last minute.

SoxFanPrope
07-17-2006, 01:30 PM
You don't happen to be friends with a producer at the Score?

ilsox7
07-17-2006, 01:35 PM
You don't happen to be friends with a producer at the Score?

No. I saw KW at Jewel this morning. I overheard a conversation he was having with a cantaloupe.

SoxFanPrope
07-17-2006, 01:38 PM
No. I saw KW at Jewel this morning. I overheard a conversation he was having with a cantaloupe.
KW hates unfounded rumors. One time he read an unfounded rumor on a message board, went to the kids house, ate his computer, ****ted out gun, and shot the kid. Later, the trade that was once an unfounded rumor went through. Kenny, who enjoys irony, laughed at this.

cbone
07-17-2006, 01:38 PM
I know everyone's opinion of me on this board right now is not very good...

You're not helping your cause. The title of your thread is very misleading.

Dan Mega
07-17-2006, 01:39 PM
I heard this at the airport too! Did anyone else?

SoxFanPrope
07-17-2006, 01:42 PM
I heard this at the airport too! Did anyone else?
I was his waiter last night at Applebee's. He's a horrible tipper.

SoxFanPrope
07-17-2006, 01:45 PM
"So you guys don't like me, but I swear it's just because I've said things in the wrong way. Once I make sure you understand, I'm certain you guys will love me."
Can I ask what your ties with the 4 major media outlets are? Your profile says your 22. Interning and getting Mark Giangrecko(sp?) his bagel and coffee in the morning hardly puts you in the mix.

White Sox Randy
07-17-2006, 01:48 PM
We all know that KW is busting his butt right now to make a trade that will help this club.

But, we also know that he will not make a bad trade out of desperation to make a trade.

So, a big trade may not happen - no matter how much we or KW want it to.

Last year, very few trades happened. It's easier to make trades in the offseason.

PushnThaEscalade
07-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Given Kenny's track record, he's gonna do something.

champagne030
07-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I heard this trade may or may not include a star player and may or may not include one of our pitchers and also may or may not include a prospect. But the kicker is the owners may veto it at the last minute.

Actually, I was told by someone "who would be in the know" that the trade would be a dozen bp balls and size XS jock to the Cubs for a fungo.

The Critic
07-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, the fungo that Joey accidentally whacked Zamloco with, so they can blow it up - they're short of spaghetti sauce at Harry Caray's.
:D:

AZChiSoxFan
07-17-2006, 01:57 PM

Nice to have you back again, CHISOXTONY!!

skottyj242
07-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Nice. :D:

Hey Palehose, the lady in your sig is way too loud.

jenn2080
07-17-2006, 02:11 PM

i think getting rid of anderson and mccarthy would be really stupid. these youngens have potential.

Palehose13
07-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey Palehose, the lady in your sig is way too loud.

Hmmmph...I got to figure something out.

thomas35forever
07-17-2006, 02:15 PM
KW hates unfounded rumors. One time he read an unfounded rumor on a message board, went to the kids house, ate his computer, ****ted out gun, and shot the kid. Later, the trade that was once an unfounded rumor went through. Kenny, who enjoys irony, laughed at this.
Is that supposed to be a Chuck Norris joke?:D:

thomas35forever
07-17-2006, 02:16 PM
i think getting rid of anderson and mccarthy would be really stupid. these youngens have potential.
That wouldn't happen unless it was part of a blockbuster trade that was fair to both sides.

SoxFanPrope
07-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Is that supposed to be a Chuck Norris joke?:D:
It was a failed attempt at one.

kittle42
07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Yes! It's that time of year again! I am killing more brain cells in trade threads than by drinking!

CaptainBallz
07-17-2006, 02:26 PM

In other news, I just saved a bunch on my car insurance...

MarySwiss
07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah, the fungo that Joey accidentally whacked Zamloco with, so they can blow it up - they're short of spaghetti sauce at Harry Caray's.
:D:

Good one!

skottyj242
07-17-2006, 02:35 PM
In other news, I just saved a bunch on my car insurance...

Chances of me working? Remote.

The Immigrant
07-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Merper stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Jjav829
07-17-2006, 02:51 PM
My Cousin heard the same thing at the airport this morning when Kenny Williams was walking by talking on his cell phone. He said something to the effect of, "I'll accept the trade soon, boy this is going to be a big trade!"

My cousin heard the same thing! Except my cousin also heard Kenny say, "That's right, Tejada, Willis, Schmidt, Gordon and Griffey." It's gonna happen! :bandance:

CaptainBallz
07-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Merper stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Merper gets what he wants...he goes where he pleases.

Possibilities!!!!!

hi im skot
07-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Merper gets what he wants...he goes where he pleases.

Possibilities!!!!!

:rolling:

nug0hs
07-17-2006, 02:57 PM
You mean KW is part of our team? I thought he was just here for the Bud Light!

bayzbol44
07-17-2006, 02:58 PM
I work for a telecommunications company and I just overheard that a trade will be going down over the next 2 weeks.

Teams and players were not heard. It wasnt even determined if the Sox were involved.

skottyj242
07-17-2006, 03:01 PM
You mean KW is part of our team? I thought he was just here for the Bud Light!

911: Hello, 911 emergency.

skottyj242: Hi, I'm calling to report a possible teal violation.

911: Where are you sir.

skottyj242: www.whitesoxinteractive.com (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com)

911: Please be more specific sir.

skottyj242: In the What's the Score secion, thread TRADE will occur sometime soon.

911: The Police have been notified and are on their way.

SoxFanPrope
07-17-2006, 03:06 PM

skottyj242: In the What's the Score secion, thread TRADE will occur sometime soon.

Awesome!

MarySwiss
07-17-2006, 03:35 PM

Ahhh, the old "fake 911 call" ploy! You're not fooling anyone. You obviously have a crush on some cutie-pie Teal policewoman and are just using this as an excuse to lure her back to your place.

Been tried before!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75145

The Critic
07-17-2006, 04:17 PM
So I've been digesting this inside trade information for a few hours now, and I have just one question:
Where Would He Play?

JB98
07-17-2006, 05:13 PM
You mean we're finally going to release Widger and trade for Henry Blanco? ALL RIGHT!!!!!! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :) :) :) :) :)

ondafarm
07-17-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm just curious where everyone thinks big trades might occur to improve the White Sox.

IMHO:

Untouchables (Can't upgrade): PK, Thome, Dye, Iguchi. Contreras, Jenks

Unlikely to be able to upgrade: Crede, Buehrle, AJ, Garland, Cotts, Thornton

Possible to Upgrade but unlikely without high costs: Garcia, Vazquez, Uribe, Cintron, Mackowiak, Pods, Riske

Rookies who are starting to play better: Anderson, Haeger

Trash (not likely to bring value): Gload, Tracey, Widger

I mean, where are we going to upgrade?

Tejada for Uribe? How much will that cost?
Andruw Jones for Anderson? Ditto.
Abreu for Pods? Not likely.

I guess the three things I think might be improvable are:

1) Back-up catcher.
2) Better middle relief.
3) Lead-off hitting. Chone Figgins plus relief pitching for Pods plus a starting pitcher?

I don't see a major deal for Widger in the works.

gbergman
07-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Hmm... i did hear a rumor that someone from the White Sox might be traded for someone from the 29 other teams, just the White Sox don't know who they are going to trade or trade for yet or if they even want to trade

cws05champ
07-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I was in NY this weekend staying at the Grand Hyatt where the team was at, the rumor that I heard that it will be Freddie Garcia that will be traded...and regardless of the NY papers were saying, it's not the Mets....someone came in with a better deal.
Freddie was in the Hotel bar with his agent and a couple family members Saturday night after being informed that a deal was imminent from WS managment. Another member of the Whitesox org told my buddy in the hotel that a deal will be made involving Freddie.

Take this how you may, I know it is an unfounded rumor, but thought I'd throw in what I know.

PushnThaEscalade
07-17-2006, 06:13 PM
I was in NY this weekend staying at the Grand Hyatt where the team was at, the rumor that I heard that it will be Freddie Garcia that will be traded...and regardless of the NY papers were saying, it's not the Mets....someone came in with a better deal.
Freddie was in the Hotel bar with his agent and a couple family members Saturday night after being informed that a deal was imminent from WS managment. Another member of the Whitesox org told my buddy in the hotel that a deal will be made involving Freddie.

Take this how you may, I know it is an unfounded rumor, but thought I'd throw in what I know.

If it is Freddy, let's hope it's for something decent.

dickallen15
07-17-2006, 06:37 PM

If he was told a trade was imminent on Saturday, how come he made his start on Sunday? That makes absolutely no sense. Nice to see Freddy preparing for his Sunday afternoon start at a bar on Saturday night.

santo=dorf
07-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Where the hell did Otis go ?
See my signature as to why you can cast Otis right up there with Chisoxtony and Kruzer's cousin.

CLR01
07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
If he was told a trade was imminent on Saturday, how come he made his start on Sunday? That makes absolutely no sense. Nice to see Freddy preparing for his Sunday afternoon start at a bar on Saturday night.
No kidding. If it was imminent enough that his family and agent were there then McCarthy would have been making a spot start. Man I hope his performance Sunday didn't kill the deal.

champagne030
07-17-2006, 06:59 PM

I don't buy the "imminent" story either. He wouldn't have started if that was the case, but you don't know Freddy if you question why he was in the bar.

Chisox003
07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Nice to see Freddy preparing for his Sunday afternoon start at a bar on Saturday night.
Here we go again....

:rolleyes:

soxwon
07-17-2006, 07:17 PM
The only Rumours that matter
is the one That the WSIers are going to save
The white sox, Tommorow night at 5:59
HALLELULAH- THe WRATH OF THE CHAMPIONS IS UPON YOU.

Brian26
07-17-2006, 07:47 PM
It is scary that 61 people (myself now included) have responded to this quack.

southside rocks
07-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Nice to see Freddy preparing for his Sunday afternoon start at a bar on Saturday night.
Well, I think I'm going to start preparing for Freddy's starts at a bar the night before ...

kittle42
07-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Everything about this thread ****ing sucks. What sucks worse is that there will be 25-50 more of these before July 31.

CWsox45
07-17-2006, 08:37 PM
I heard the BIG trade included Freddy and Southpaw for the Philly Fanatic. (Is this teal?)

Ozzie likes the potential energy that the fanatic could bring to the club, and we both know that Southpaw and Freddy just weren't getting the job done.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-17-2006, 08:39 PM
I heard the BIG trade included Freddy and Southpaw for the Philly Fanatic. (Is this teal?)

close, but too close that it hurts my eyes

Kogs35
07-17-2006, 08:39 PM

Ozzie likes the potential energy that the fanatic could bring to the club, and we both know that Southpaw and Freddy just weren't getting the job done.

no this is teal.

CWsox45
07-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Now why I remember why I don't post here...*sighs*

I just can't get my colors straight...:whiner:

Cheers!

santo=dorf
07-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Now why I remember why I don't post here...*sighs*

I just can't get my colors straight...:whiner:

Cheers!
:tealtutor:

whitesoxfan1986
07-17-2006, 09:24 PM
:threadsucks

Get a life people. The pitching will come around. If Freddy continues to suck then McCarthy will be in the rotation soon or he (Freddy) will be traded.

PushnThaEscalade
07-17-2006, 09:28 PM

Get a life people. This team will come around. If Freddy continues to suck then McCarthy will be in the rotation soon or he will be traded.

A life? What is that?

whitesoxfan1986
07-17-2006, 09:33 PM
A life? What is that?
A figure of speech meaning people on this board need to stop complaining about how "this team sucks" or "the Sox aren't going to even make the playoffs"

soxfanreggie
07-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Alright, alright...I'll admit it. The Sox are planning on bringing me out of retirement to catch and provide middle relief. Since MLB banned me from using my left arm (to be fair to all other teams), I have been working on the right arm and received clearance for Budlight. I will now be playing for the Sox. The trade is for a truckload of beer for WSIers to enjoy when i hit 5 homers and provide middle relief in the same game.

:cool:

Chips
07-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Are you sure your friend heard about a big trade?....are you sure it wasn't....nothing?????

:rolling:

Mr. White Sox
07-18-2006, 01:57 AM
:hawk:
"See, the question on my mind is, where's he gonna play? You have Sox players at first, second, third, catcher, right field, center field, left field, heck, you even have a pitcher on the bump and a shortstop. So, the question is, where's he gonna play?"

:DJ
"No question."

StockdaleForVeep
07-18-2006, 02:33 AM

Potential means nothing, production means everything

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/1999/06/24/twins_whitesox/t1_caruso_ap_01.jpg
"I got yer potential right here"

tebman
07-18-2006, 10:30 AM
I heard from a guy whose cubicle mate read on a message board that was quoting from a radio caller who'd heard from a guy who works for the caterer for one of Jerry Reinsdorf's business partners that a big trade is going down for a five-tool player:

You heard it here first! (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4852062279243692928)

0o0o0
07-18-2006, 12:04 PM

:roflmao:Awesome.

Epark84
07-18-2006, 12:23 PM

Get a life people. The pitching will come around. If Freddy continues to suck then McCarthy will be in the rotation soon or he (Freddy) will be traded.

who steps into the rotation if vazquez and buerhle continue to suck?

07-18-2006, 12:46 PM
I Loooooove Trade Deadline rumors!