PDA

View Full Version : 1977 Sox Cap Day Coca-Cola Promotion

Urban Legend
07-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I just received the cap described in the header above that I bought on eBay. ....anyone know when it was given out at the park? (Navy blue, S-O-X in white block letters on the front, white button on top - tag inside says 'Cap Day - Compliments of Coca Cola'). I'm assuming it was given out on a cap day at Old Comiskey because I've been coming (from Ohio) to almost cap day since late in the '89 season, and I haven't seen this one before.

And hasn't it been a considerable time since Coca Cola was sold at Comiskey, OK, U.S. Cellular?

Anyone else have one, and remember what seson they received it?

Thanks.

Kilroy
07-17-2006, 12:46 PM
...And hasn't it been a considerable time since Coca Cola was sold at Comiskey, OK, U.S. Cellular?

Well, I know that Pepsi became the official park soft drink in 2000. So it hasn't really been that long...

MrRoboto83
07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Well, I know that Pepsi became the official park soft drink in 2000. So it hasn't really been that long...

Coca-Cola was still sold at Comisky in 2000, it was more like the 2001 season I believe.

dirty_k
07-20-2006, 02:06 PM
I have that hat and another promo hat with the same tag inside but with the 83 colors and design. I'd guess the blue & white hat was given away in 1981 and the red, white & blue hat in 1982. So that would make both given out in consecutive years and matching the caps the players we wearing at the time. I don't think the late 70s and 80s retro was in as much in the 90s. Seems like most of the older caps in the 90s were the all red ones or the o and x within the S.