PDA

View Full Version : OMFG... is anybody else watching ESPN right now?

rowand33
07-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I think I'm going to vomit...

DaleJRFan
07-16-2006, 06:02 PM

:?: um... care to explain?

TornLabrum
07-16-2006, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the description. Now I KNOW I don't want to watch...umm...what exactly is it that I'm supposed to have this emotional reaction to?

TheDarkGundam
07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Great. Now I'm curious to see what they're doing.
I'd put on ESPN, but...meh, I'm too lazy.

rowand33
07-16-2006, 06:04 PM
:?: um... care to explain?

yeah... I was just about to..

I honestly didn't have the words for it until I finished watching.

There was just about a 3 minute thing with actors as Cubs fans lamenting the losing history. "You can't choose who you love" and crap like that.

Part of me finds it funny because it just shows how pathetic Cubs fans are ("They'll invent the transporter before the Cubs win a world series"), but still... ugh.

rowand33
07-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the description. Now I KNOW I don't want to watch...umm...what exactly is it that I'm supposed to have this emotional reaction to?

Sorry guys. I didn't realize that I was the only person on the boards watching baseball tonight. I forgot where I was :D:

SOXSINCE'70
07-16-2006, 06:07 PM

If you really want to vomit,wait till September.
That's when HBO's documentary on the "lovable losers":rolleyes:
will air.:puking: :puking:

itsnotrequired
07-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I watched the whole thing. I couldn't turn my eyes away.

:(:

QCIASOXFAN
07-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I think I'm going to vomit... I saw it and noting made me want to "vomit". What did you think they were going to talk about?

rowand33
07-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I watched the whole thing. I couldn't turn my eyes away.

:(:

it was like a train wreck or a really, really fat person.

You know you shouldn't look, but you're just amazed at how terrible it is.

I'm going to try and find this on youtube when I get back from the gym so everybody else can see how terrible it is.

Oh god... Dusty Baker quote on the Cubs struggles, "I am a cancer survivor. I'm just happy that everyday the sun comes up."

I'm surprised he didn't slip a race card in there too...

I commend dusty for surviving cancer, but I dont' feel it has anything to do with the Cubs...

I'm going to the gym. I can't watch this.

TornLabrum
07-16-2006, 06:16 PM
it was like a train wreck or a really, really fat person.

You know you shouldn't look, but you're just amazed at how terrible it is.

I'm going to try and find this on youtube when I get back from the gym so everybody else can see how terrible it is.

Oh god... Dusty Baker quote on the Cubs struggles, "I am a cancer survivor. I'm just happy that everyday the sun comes up."

I'm surprised he didn't slip a race card in there too...

I commend dusty for surviving cancer, but I dont' feel it has anything to do with the Cubs...

I'm going to the gym. I can't watch this.

Maybe being able to wake up is the high point of his day.

SpartanSoxFan
07-16-2006, 06:21 PM

You are kidding about the HBO documentary, right???

RadioheadRocks
07-16-2006, 06:21 PM

... as part of a double feature with THIS OLD CUB.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-16-2006, 06:35 PM
You are kidding about the HBO documentary, right???

Sadly, I read something about an HBO documentary on "Lovable Losers" too.

thomas35forever
07-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Please tell me this is a joke.

SpartanSoxFan
07-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if its NOT a joke. Remember how HBO did that sorry documentary about the Red Sawx and their fabled "Curse of the Bambino?" I believe it was narrarated by Denis Leary. This type of thing would be right up their alley...

winning ugly 72
07-16-2006, 07:02 PM
i read somewhere this week that they are doing a documentary on the cubs and not winning a world series. i guess the sox will have to reapeat for HBO to do a documentary on the white sox

DrCrawdad
07-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Sadly, I read something about an HBO documentary on "Lovable Losers" too.

Is that the Ron Santo story?

:)

MarySwiss
07-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Please tell me this is a joke.

I think I read this somewhere as well. It is apparently not a joke. Of course, we could argue that anything about the Cubs is a joke, right?

Daver
07-16-2006, 07:16 PM
I think I read this somewhere as well. It is apparently not a joke. Of course, we could argue that anything about the Cubs is a joke, right?

We could also argue about Sox fans that are obsessed with worrying about the Cubs is a joke too.

MarySwiss
07-16-2006, 07:27 PM
We could also argue about Sox fans that are obsessed with worrying about the Cubs is a joke too.

As I believe we have. But this isn't about worrying about the Cubs. It is about an apparently real, live HBO special that is in the works. Seriously.

zmz723
07-16-2006, 07:53 PM
someone wanna explain what is going on? :dunno:

dcb56
07-16-2006, 08:36 PM
LOL, I wonder if any of those people who were in the intro for tonight's game are out there in the bleachers throwing garbage on the field right now.

SOXfnNlansing
07-16-2006, 09:10 PM

That is not a joke. I am a Sox fan that hates everything to do with the cubs. There are many of us out here:redneck

rowand33
07-16-2006, 09:13 PM
LOL, I wonder if any of those people who were in the intro for tonight's game are out there in the bleachers throwing garbage on the field right now.

I'm pretty sure they were all actors (and bad ones at that).

I think part of the reason this thing made me so mad was because of how hideously ugly the main one in the Harry Carey shirt was. Seriously... where did they find that guy?

FarWestChicago
07-16-2006, 09:15 PM
That is not a joke. I am a Sox fan that hates everything to do with the cubs. There are many of us out here:redneckYou are a walking, Flubsessed stereotype. It's nothing to be proud of. :rolleyes:

cheezheadsoxfan
07-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Is that the Ron Santo story?

:)

"This Old Cub" is the Ron Santo story. It was filmed by his son.

Lip Man 1
07-16-2006, 10:09 PM
A biography of Harry Caray will also be shown on PBS-TV stations in August or September. I contributed Harry material from when he was with the Sox to the producer (both audio and video by the way) and have seen a five minute promo disc of it.

From the short material it appears that the bio will look at his career including his flaws fairly. It also looks like his days with the Sox will not be minimized.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I also hope to interview the producer of the documentary for WSI.

Lip

cbotnyse
07-16-2006, 10:11 PM
A biography of Harry Caray will also be shown on PBS-TV stations in August or September. I contributed Harry material from when he was with the Sox to the producer (both audio and video by the way) and have seen a five minute promo disc of it.

From the short material it appears that the bio will look at his career including his flaws fairly. It also looks like his days with the Sox will not be minimized.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I also hope to interview the producer of the documentary for WSI.

Lipis there a doc for WSI in the works?

07-16-2006, 10:59 PM
The HBO Doc will be called "Wait til next year"....it's true...it will be done in similar fashion as HBO's enjoyable "Curse of the Bambino" on the Red Sox...

SpartanSoxFan
07-16-2006, 11:50 PM
The HBO Doc will be called "Wait til next year"....it's true...it will be done in similar fashion as HBO's enjoyable "Curse of the Bambino" on the Red Sox...

Chalk me down for watching that one...NOT

gaelhound
07-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Damn! Now I have to go in the junk drawer to get the ice pick to stab my eyes out!:o:

CLR01
07-17-2006, 12:27 AM
As I believe we have. But this isn't about worrying about the Cubs. It is about an apparently real, live HBO special that is in the works. Seriously.

I lost track of the number of BooBoo the crack/meth head specials I have watched on HBO. So they want to do one on the Cubs. Big deal.

TDog
07-17-2006, 04:52 AM

I am certainly glad HBO isn't doing a documentary about the White Sox nearing a century without a championship. Not subscribing HBO, though, I won't have the opportunity to be offended by any mention of the Cubs. All the Cubs-obsessed could make a statement by canceling their HBO if they wish.

If you don't pay for HBO, you have nothing to complain about. If you steal it ... you get what you pay for.

russ99
07-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Chalk me down for watching that one...NOT

I don't know...

It actually might be fun to chill out with a couple of brews and laugh my face off about all the "cursed" moments in Cub history.

Whiners.

Pierzynski 12
07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Classic game between the Mets-Cubs.:rolling:

Jaffar
07-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I like Harris' title for the documentary.

As if the sad, sad story of Cubs fans hasn't been well-documented sufficiently, HBO Sports is planning to air a documentary of "Wait 'Til Next Year: The Saga of the Chicago Cubs.''
"The Cubs boast some of the most dedicated fans in all of sports,'' HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg said Wednesday. "Our mission is to explore this deep connection and bring to light some of the lesser-known stories from the team's history.''
The show is to debut Sept. 26. By which time next year no doubt already will be here for Cubs fans.
Given the team's performance this season and the problems the Cubs have to solve before thinking about contending for their first World Series title since 1908, perhaps the program should be called "Wait 'Til the Year After Next Year -- Maybe Longer.''

Sun Times article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/quickhits/cst-spt-1hit13.html)

TornLabrum
07-17-2006, 04:39 PM
I'd like to see Wrigley Field shut down for just a year to see what would happen to the Cubs "dedicated Fans."

SoxEd
07-17-2006, 05:00 PM
We actually got these 'you can't change your family' segments shown here last night (we get ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball show broadcast starting at 1am).

I have to say that the Cub love annoyed the crap out of me - after all, I don't recall ever seeing anything similar from them when they broadcast Sox home games when our drought was longer.

So, why the sudden policy shift for the Cubs?

Why, ESPN, why?

At least, when they were coming out of one of them, John Miller had the good grace to say "and I bet if we crossed town we'd find many fans saying the same thing about the Sox".