PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Williams comments on trade scenarios

SouthSide_HitMen
07-15-2006, 06:38 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060715&content_id=1557724&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

From the official site:

Contrary to published reports, Williams is not actively shopping any of his six starting pitchers -- including Brandon McCarthy...

Williams explained the plan in place for the White Sox, as of July 15, is pretty much the same as it was back in February and March in Tucson. The team intends to go through the season with five starters, and if something happens to one of the five, McCarthy steps into the equation. If the team is fortunate enough to get into the playoffs, then one of the five joins the bullpen in a short series and helps strengthen the overall staff.

I like this approach. Unless someone gives you an offer you cannot refuse (without a horsehead being involved) stand pat with the starters - you may need to replace one sooner than you think.

If we can get set up man or another reliever fine - as long as we are not giving up the moon like the Reds did. I know Kenny has much more sense than that and will only make a deal if it makes sense.

oeo
07-15-2006, 06:48 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060715&content_id=1557724&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

From the official site:

Contrary to published reports, Williams is not actively shopping any of his six starting pitchers -- including Brandon McCarthy...

Williams explained the plan in place for the White Sox, as of July 15, is pretty much the same as it was back in February and March in Tucson. The team intends to go through the season with five starters, and if something happens to one of the five, McCarthy steps into the equation. If the team is fortunate enough to get into the playoffs, then one of the five joins the bullpen in a short series and helps strengthen the overall staff.

I like this approach. Unless someone gives you an offer you cannot refuse (without a horsehead being involved) stand pat with the starters - you may need to replace one sooner than you think.

If we can get set up man or another reliever fine - as long as we are not giving up the moon like the Reds did. I know Kenny has much more sense than that and will only make a deal if it makes sense.

I take this as...no one knows what the hell Kenny is doing, and they never do. Just when you think he's not going to make a move, he makes one. When all reports having making a move, he doesn't even make it.

Any rumor containing the Sox is just that, a rumor. No one can ever predict what the great Kenny Williams will do.

kevingrt
07-15-2006, 06:58 PM
I take this as...no one knows what the hell Kenny is doing, and they never do. Just when you think he's not going to make a move, he makes one. When all reports having making a move, he doesn't even make it.

Any rumor containing the Sox is just that, a rumor. No one can ever predict what the great Kenny Williams will do.

Agree with you totally. No one has any clue what Kenny is doing. It could be trade for everything this year or sit pat, I have no clue. But I do trust KW with improving this team.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-15-2006, 07:26 PM

This may be true but I don't think he is lying. I don't think he is trying to dump one of our starters as some here are begging we do (Buehrle for instance in one thread). He may be working on other pieces but unless something is a no brainer like the Nationals booty received earlier last week I wouldn't expect one of the six starters to be anywhere but here for the rest of 2006.

BLRMKRdave
07-15-2006, 09:16 PM
If Kenny does a deal it will probably happen on a Wednesday.

BNLSox
07-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Just ask RKMelbanie who is on the team in '07. He seems to have a time machine apparatus of some sort. From this information we can at least speculate what moves occur before August 1st.

Or he could just tell us the roster on August 1st, that'd probably be easier.