PDA

View Full Version : Konerko illness?

Lip Man 1
07-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Can anyone shed some light on this? From White Sox.com:

"To make matters worse, Konerko left for pinch-hitter Ross Gload in the fifth due to an unspecified illness."

Lip

MrRoboto83
07-15-2006, 04:40 PM

"To make matters worse, Konerko left for pinch-hitter Ross Gload in the fifth due to an unspecified illness."

Lip

I guess there is a stomach bug going around the Sox clubhouse. Raines, Ozzie and Konerko have it. Farmer was talking about

it during the game.

The Immigrant
07-15-2006, 04:41 PM
He's got food poisoning, per Farmer. It was discussed in the gamethread. Or maybe he got sick of watching the garbage we put on the field today.

NSSoxFan
07-15-2006, 04:43 PM
He's got food poisoning, per Farmer. It was discussed in the gamethread. Or maybe he got sick of watching the garbage we put on the field today.

That just means A-Rod will have to get food poisoning next month when they come to Chicago.

Paulwny
07-15-2006, 04:43 PM

Lip

Buck stated, ~ "Ed Farmer said, Konerko has a stomach Virus."
I personally think that Ozzie just took him out of the game since it looked lost, also the ph for Thome the following inning.

QCIASOXFAN
07-15-2006, 04:45 PM
I hope hes feeling better and can go tommorow, I had my weeks worth of Gload this afternoon.

SOXSINCE'70
07-15-2006, 04:47 PM
maybe he got sick of watching the garbage we put on the field today.

He wasn't alone.:puking: :puking:

StockdaleForVeep
07-15-2006, 08:51 PM
:puking:
"I knew i shouldnt have had that second cup of coffee"

southside rocks
07-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Farmer mentioned it a couple of times during the game. He said that Konerko had been throwing up in the clubhouse before the game, and appeared to have some intestinal flu bug; after Konerko was taken out, Farmer said that they had him in the clubhouse and were giving him fluids and electrolytes.

I hope it's of brief duration; Crede being out and Iguchi's ankle still not being 100% have both hurt, and to lose Konerko for even another game would not be good at all.

ndgt10
07-15-2006, 09:54 PM
This stuff happens. Most likely mode of transmission is the fecal-oral route.

JorgeFabregas
07-15-2006, 10:29 PM
This stuff happens. Most likely mode of transmission is the fecal-oral route.
High-five!