PDA

View Full Version : NY Media

sox230
07-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Obviously you guys know that the media is known to start false stories so the public would read their stories. However, I believe that the NY Media, and they have done it before the trading deadline in past years, found the timing quite perfect to start silly rumors about Vazquez and Garcia being on the block, because the Sox are coming to town. They are clearly succeeding because those articles are now nationwide. Now the Sox have to worry about these rumors and continually tell the players they aren't true, which I think takes away some of their focus from the Yankees. And you cannot tell me that newspaper articles and the media doesn't effect the Sox--it shouldn't--but if Ozzie and the boys didn't prove they are above Mariotti, then what wouldn't effect them. I give kudos to the NY Media for diverting the Sox and making them worry about more than just their slimming wild card lead. I love dark clouds.

Fenway
07-15-2006, 03:30 PM
from Saturday's NY Daily News

The market for pitchers appears to be thin as far as the Bombers are concerned; although the White Sox are dangling Freddy Garcia and Javier Vazquez, the Yanks don't figure to have the chips to pull of a blockbuster deal for a pitcher.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/435304p-366788c.html

SoxEd
07-15-2006, 04:10 PM
And you cannot tell me that newspaper articles and the media doesn't effect the Sox--it shouldn't--but if Ozzie and the boys didn't prove they are above Mariotti, then what wouldn't effect them.

I'd imagine that a story such as the one Fenway linked to would merely have the Sox Clubhouse pissing its pants with laughter - I mean, we need some BP pitching, so we're dangling two Starters to get it...?

:roflmao:

MarySwiss
07-15-2006, 04:46 PM
I find it hard to believe that people are worrying about the wild card race in July.

Come on!