PDA

View Full Version : Grinder Bash Update - Two sets of tickets required

SouthSide_HitMen
07-15-2006, 02:34 PM
I received a pair of tickets for one of the Grinder Bash events today. You will need both the original invite and the ticket for admittance.

I did not get a second out of office reply from Grinder Bash and hope that invite was processed as well (emailed my rep).

For people buying the invites over the internet or people who received the invites, be certain you get the second set of tickets or you may / will not be admitted.

I will update after I hear back from my account rep.

Timmy D's
07-15-2006, 03:19 PM
How long ago did you RSVP Southside?? I RSVP on the 10th, but hadnt received anything yet, except an email saying thanks for rsvping. So there are indeed an extra set of tickets?? As the ones I got originally are about 3"X8" and say admits one. I gave mine away, so it looks like I'll have to meet up w/ my friend again to give him more tickets. I hate when doin a favor or nice thing for someone turns into a pain in the hiney!!!

SouthSide_HitMen
07-15-2006, 03:41 PM
How long ago did you RSVP Southside?? I RSVP on the 10th, but hadnt received anything yet, except an email saying thanks for rsvping. So there are indeed an extra set of tickets?? As the ones I got originally are about 3"X8" and say admits one. I gave mine away, so it looks like I'll have to meet up w/ my friend again to give him more tickets. I hate when doin a favor or nice thing for someone turns into a pain in the hiney!!!

People received the regular notice asking you to RSVP. I RSVP'd for both sets of invitations on the first of July. I only received ONE auto reply saying my confirmation was received and thanks for responding. Today I received a set of two ticketmaster tickets for the date I received an auto reply from.

I sent an email today to my ticket rep to confirm I will get the second set of tickets (for the second invite I RSVP'd for that I did not receive an auto reply response).

You will need the 3 X 8 invite AND the ticketmaster tickets they sent to me today to enter on your assigned date. This was explained in an enclosed letter received with the ticketmaster tickets I received.

They made this way to difficult IMO. Send the invitations, admit the RSVP'd guests and be done with it.

Hopefully I will not have any issues getting my tickets for the second RSVP. I will report back either way. I was unable to attend the preseason event. I have full season tickets and my plan was to take my brother and for my other brother to bring my neice who is old enough to attend.

To clarify I received two pairs of invites and I am assuming one is for the full season tickets I have this season and the other for group outings I've been to (which other non season ticket holders received as well).

Timmy D's
07-15-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm really glad you posted that!! I woulda felt terrible if this guy I gave them to, if he took his kid down there and couldnt get in. I'll keep an eye out for the additional tix.
Thanks!!

SouthSide_HitMen
07-15-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm really glad you posted that!! I woulda felt terrible if this guy I gave them to, if he took his kid down there and couldnt get in. I'll keep an eye out for the additional tix.
Thanks!!

That is what I am trying to avoid myself. I saw people were thinking of buying the invites on eBay or trading here or whatever and I wanted to give people a heads up an original invite is only one of three items (the RSVP email to the White Sox and ticketmaster tickets sent after the first two steps being the other two) needed to get in based on the sheet received (with the Ticketmaster tickets) today.

ChiSoxGirl
07-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Well, now I'm concerned. I RSVPd via a voicemail box on July 5 and left all of the required information, except my account number because I don't have one. I didn't get any kind of automated reply in regards to my RSVP. Does that mean it was never received? :?: Do I need to be concerned now??? :o:

So, SSHM, you're saying that I have to be on the lookout for a couple Ticketmaster tickets and will need both the invitation passes and the actual tickets to be admitted? You're right- the Sox made this more difficult for themselves than was necessary; an RSVP via phone or e-mail and your invitations should've sufficed.

itsnotrequired
07-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I got my two tickets today. I actually got two sets of invites but the other tickets haven't shown up yet. Perhaps Monday...

Timmy D's
07-15-2006, 05:11 PM
I got my two tickets today. I actually got two sets of invites but the other tickets haven't shown up yet. Perhaps Monday...

When did you RSVP???

itsnotrequired
07-15-2006, 05:13 PM
When did you RSVP???

I did it by e-mail but don't remember when. It was a few days after I got the invites.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-15-2006, 06:18 PM
I did it by e-mail but don't remember when. It was a few days after I got the invites.

Did you get two out of office replies (or did you do it via voice mail) for your two RSVPs?

So, SSHM, you're saying that I have to be on the lookout for a couple Ticketmaster tickets and will need both the invitation passes and the actual tickets to be admitted? You're right- the Sox made this more difficult for themselves than was necessary; an RSVP via phone or e-mail and your invitations should've sufficed.

That is what the letter said today enclosed with the two ticketmaster tickets.
I would post it here but 1. I really don't know how to do that and 2. I mailed it to my brother along with the ticketmaster tickets.

I would think people will get their tickets next week (I have a great post office woman in the city). My only concern is my second RSVP wasn't responded to as the first one. I'd love to go as well but I wouldn't take the tickets out of my niece's hands. I'll give the Sox the benefit of the doubt unless I hear otherwise.

The main reason for the thread is to stop people from buying the original invite on eBay or to trade the invites without the ticketmaster tickets.

Perhaps the White Sox will use some discretion if someone shows up with the first invite but I'd hate to have someone you gave them to or you yourself be rejected at the door.

I'll report back as soon as I hear back from the rep (hopefully Monday).

Harry Potter
07-15-2006, 07:59 PM
I sent an email confirming my attendance but never received a confirm reply. However, I CC'd myself on the email so technically I have that proof that I did RSVP.

Haven't received any actual tickets in the mail yet either.

I agree that they have made this thing more complicated then it should be. All you needed to do for the "rookie season ticket holder" party was simply call/email. No actual tickets were needed for that.

lizard6king6
07-15-2006, 09:49 PM
I rsvpd for the 28th in an email and asked what my account number was since I dont recal getting one and a few weeks later I got an email back saying thanks for RSVP with confirmation and a person telling me my account number. No mention of tickets or anything and on the flyer (ticket) that was sent to us originally it says it is needed for addmission. I dont think it will be a problem in the end.

StillMissOzzie
07-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Now you all got me concerned too. I tried to RSVP over the phone, but the voicemail box was filled and wouldn't take my call. I ended up giving all of my info to one of the ticket sales reps, a live human being, instead. That was 6-7 days ago now, and I don't have any TicketBastard tickets yet, and without the e-mail, I don't even have any evidence of having RSVP'd.

Do you think I should go ahead and RSVP via e-mail, or trust that they will get here? IIRC, the RSVP deadline has already passed.

SMO
:?:
Update, 7/17/06: My TicketBastard tickets arrived today!! I'm there!!!

ewokpelts
07-16-2006, 01:05 PM
thw ticketmaster tickets are probably a response to the *******s selling on ebay and craigslist. i reported quite a few craigslist ads to my rep as well as brooks.
Gene

TornLabrum
07-16-2006, 01:08 PM
thw ticketmaster tickets are probably a response to the *******s selling on ebay and craigslist. i reported quite a few craigslist ads to my rep as well as brooks.
Gene

So we can blame YOU for having to have a second ticket!

jamokes
07-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Is it still possible to get two more tickets through the Sox for the 7/28 Grinder Bash? When I left a voicemail I left a message but haven't heard back yet.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-17-2006, 12:05 PM
UPDATE - My rep replied to me saying he will make sure I get the second set as well. So people who received two invites are allowed to go twice which is :cool:.

I am sure most people will get their ticketmaster tickets (the first / original is actually a raffle ticket) sometime this week. It sounds like they are processing many sets of tickets at White Sox headquarters. Kudos to their staff once again!!!

See you there Friday!!!

lizard6king6
07-17-2006, 01:14 PM
I rsvpd for the 28th in an email and asked what my account number was since I dont recal getting one and a few weeks later I got an email back saying thanks for RSVP with confirmation and a person telling me my account number. No mention of tickets or anything and on the flyer (ticket) that was sent to us originally it says it is needed for addmission. I dont think it will be a problem in the end.
Ok, today i recieved 2 hard tickets to get in as well as an invitation explaining whats going to be there. I guess the ticketmaster like tickets will be required to get in that have a bar code on it. Sucks for those who bought those little flyers on ebay.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-17-2006, 01:43 PM
I guess the ticketmaster like tickets will be required to get in that have a bar code on it. Sucks for those who bought those little flyers on ebay.

That is why I posted this - to save people here the grief if they were buying / trading tickets as well as to wait until the ticketmaster tickets come before exchanging both set with people you were planning to meet there. The original flyers wre for you to RSVP and are raffle tickets for free Patio passes, dinner in the Bard's room, a Diamond Suite and other great prizes.

The White Sox said I'll get my tickets in a week or so. Another cool White Sox promo!

Thanks for your email. You are confirmed for the Bash, and your tickets for the 28th should arrive in a week or so. Thanks from the White Sox.

Timmy D's
07-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Mailman just came and went. No soup for me!!!:(: :(:

TornLabrum
07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
That is why I posted this - to save people here the grief if they were buying / trading tickets as well as to wait until the ticketmaster tickets come before exchanging both set with people you were planning to meet there. The original flyers wre for you to RSVP and are raffle tickets for free Patio passes, dinner in the Bard's room, a Diamond Suite and other great prizes.

The White Sox said I'll get my tickets in a week or so. Another cool White Sox promo!

Thanks for your email. You are confirmed for the Bash, and your tickets for the 28th should arrive in a week or so. Thanks from the White Sox.

I RSVPed by phone and didn't receive an acknowledgment, so I emailed the Sox yesterday or the day before. I got an email acknowledgment today that they had received my RSVP and the tickets should be here within the week.

LauraJ14
07-17-2006, 07:37 PM
This is the email response that I got:
"We received your R.S.V.P to the 2006 Grinder Bash and we thank you. Just make sure that you bring all of your invitations with you because every person must have an invitation in order to enter the Bash. Thanks again from the White Sox."

Okay, nowhere does it say that I am getting ticketmaster tickets.

Way too confusing!

Harry Potter
07-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Received my "hard tickets" in the mail today.

I sent an email confirming my attendance but never received a confirm reply. However, I CC'd myself on the email so technically I have that proof that I did RSVP.

Haven't received any actual tickets in the mail yet either.

I agree that they have made this thing more complicated then it should be. All you needed to do for the "rookie season ticket holder" party was simply call/email. No actual tickets were needed for that.

ChiSoxGirl
07-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I also got my Ticketmaster tickets in the mail this afternoon, along with a letter describing the events of the Grinder Bash in more detail. I was relieved they came, considering I RSVPd via a voicemail box and got no confirmation that they'd received it.

Timmy D's
07-17-2006, 11:31 PM
ChiSoxGirl, and Harry Potter, how long ago did you RSVP???

ChiSoxGirl
07-17-2006, 11:33 PM

I RSVPd on July 5.

Timmy D's
07-17-2006, 11:37 PM
O.K. Thanks, that's encouraging as I wasnt to far behind that date. Hopefully they'll come tomorrow.

TornLabrum
07-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Mine came today.

StillMissOzzie
07-17-2006, 11:48 PM
I also got my Ticketmaster tickets in the mail this afternoon, along with a letter describing the events of the Grinder Bash in more detail. I was relieved they came, considering I RSVPd via a voicemail box and got no confirmation that they'd received it.

I also did the RSVP via voicemail, and my tix arrived today too!

SMO
:gulp:

Harry Potter
07-18-2006, 01:00 AM

July 3rd

Timmy D's
07-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Mailman come and gone, and again, no love.:(:

ewokpelts
07-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I got a voice mail from my rep stating that the most anyone can have is 4 passes(if they were a group customer as well as st holder). Funny, they sent me 8 passes. (2 for 7/27, and 4 for the AM 7/29 session, and 2 for the PM 7/29 session).
Gene

LauraJ14
07-18-2006, 02:13 PM
I got a voice mail from my rep stating that the most anyone can have is 4 passes(if they were a group customer as well as st holder). Funny, they sent me 8 passes. (2 for 7/27, and 4 for the AM 7/29 session, and 2 for the PM 7/29 session).
Gene
I received 6 tickets, 4 for 7/29 am and 2 for the 7/29 pm session.
I had 2 groups this year plus my season tickets so maybe that's why I received 6 tickets.

Timmy D's
07-18-2006, 02:19 PM
The cool peeps got invited to the 28th 5-8 party.:D:

SouthSide_HitMen
07-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Gene

Great - hand the four extras over. :D:

Cuck the Fubs
07-18-2006, 04:37 PM
The cool peeps got invited to the 28th 5-8 party.:D:

Right on....see ya there.......

By the way, recieved my 2 hard tickets in da mail today:smile:

itsnotrequired
07-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I got my second set of tickets today.

whitesoxwin
07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
I have my "2" passes/tickets for the Thursday Bash, but I won't be able to go--my wife, however will be using the tix (taking her father)--I have to work.
My Rep (after a couple emails) told me:

"We have you on the wait list and if anything can be done then they will let you know. They are very full so I wouldn’t count on anything."

So, I probably will not be going (unless something opens up for Friday or Saturday--...fat chance!).
Would have been cool!