PDA

View Full Version : Current Sox players residence

32nd&Wallace
07-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know if any current Sox players make their year round home in Chicago? If not, does anyone know where current players on the roster live during the season? For example, I know that Buehrle lives out in Darien/Lemont area, A.J. has a victorian mansion in Linclon Park, Ozzie and Neal Cotts live in the West Loop and I think Conterars lives downtown.

aryzner
07-15-2006, 12:46 PM
I believe Gooch lives in Schaumburg, IL but I might be wrong.

Skates
07-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Buehrle lives in a town house in Ruffled Feathers, which is in Lemont.

kninchicago
07-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Coop lives in Nashville off-season, and during the season he lives downtown with his family.

HawkDJ
07-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Correct. He probably hits up Woodfield every day.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Thome and his family are in Hinsdale. One of my friends works for Fed Ex; Thome is on his route. He's delivered three packages to the house.

the gooch
07-15-2006, 01:54 PM
No, Arlington Heights.

EDIT:Tadahito Iguchi lives in Arl Hts, not me.

Dibbs
07-15-2006, 02:05 PM
No, Arlington Heights.

EDIT:Tadahito Iguchi lives in Arl Hts, not me.

No, Iguchi does live in Schaumburg....

A lot of the guys live in the city of Chicago...

BigPapaPump
07-15-2006, 02:22 PM
My sister-in-law hung out with McCarthy and Anderson in their condo on the north side. As far as year round, I'm pretty sure B.M. lives in Colorado in the offseason. B.A. has his own room at Brandon's condo.

alohafri
07-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Thome and his family are in Hinsdale. One of my friends works for Fed Ex; Thome is on his route. He's delivered three packages to the house.

I hope not the same kind of packages that "Toke" Pasqua used to get.:wink:

lumpyspun
07-15-2006, 02:34 PM
I wonder what Paris Hilton is doing right now? I tivo'd every show on the E! channel yesterday in hopes that I might find out who Lindsay Lohan was seen with in Malibu last weekend.

That's what I think of when these threads come up.

salty99
07-15-2006, 02:41 PM
According to the Paper Iguchi does live in Arlington Heights and they had a trainer come over during the all-star break to work on his injured ankle which is said to be 95%.

rgasser43
07-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Buerhle does live in Ruffled Feathers in Lemont but not in a townhouse. He has a single family home. Rumor at Ruffled Feathers is that Podsednik just purchased the house next to Mark and that Garland is also building a home there.

TaylorStSox
07-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I wonder what Paris Hilton is doing right now? I tivo'd every show on the E! channel yesterday in hopes that I might find out who Lindsay Lohan was seen with in Malibu last weekend.

That's what I think of when these threads come up.

Agreed. These threads are creepy. They're some where between grown men who fight over foul balls and grown men who hound players for autographs.

GregoryEtc
07-15-2006, 04:22 PM
This thread reminds me... Can someone give me Bob Uecker's home address?

32nd&Wallace
07-15-2006, 05:01 PM
One of the things that bothered me about last year's parade was it had to be scheduled on a Friday because most of the players wanted to get back to their homes in Arizona and Florida.

Baseball is a very transient sport. Rarely, if ever do you see baseball players bothering to make a substantial connection to the cities that they play in. Usually they bolt for Arizona or Florida when October rolls around, rarely coming back to the city during the winter.

What's so creepy about wondering whether or not these players bother to set down roots in the cities they play in?

Brian26
07-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Agreed. These threads are creepy. They're some where between grown men who fight over foul balls and grown men who hound players for autographs.

Yep, count me in...I hate these threads. It's one thing to say you saw Garland and Starbucks this afternoon....it's another thing to start talking about your sister hanging out in BA's bedroom at a party.

MarySwiss
07-15-2006, 05:23 PM
One of the things that bothered me about last year's parade was it had to be scheduled on a Friday because most of the players wanted to get back to their homes in Arizona and Florida.

Baseball is a very transient sport. Rarely, if ever do you see baseball players bothering to make a substantial connection to the cities that they play in. Usually they bolt for Arizona or Florida when October rolls around, rarely coming back to the city during the winter.

What's so creepy about wondering whether or not these players bother to set down roots in the cities they play in?

Well, as one who spent 40+ years in Chicago--including the winter--and the last 10 years in Arizona, there could be a reason for that.

batmanZoSo
07-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Agreed, these threads tend to get a little creepy.

Now I gotta go outside to...stalk...AJ and Neal.... :unsure: