PDA

View Full Version : Medical Updates

Lip Man 1
07-15-2006, 12:58 AM
The Tribune says Ozzie doesn't think Crede will be able to go on Saturday after Johnson nailed him in the calf Friday night. (Still another hit Sox batter with no retaliation...)

Also this from Hermie on Hermanson...apparently the back problems are still around.

"He's pitching in discomfort," trainer Herm Schneider said of Hermanson's lower back problems. "I don't think it's true downright pain. It's discomforting at this time. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to pitch."

Lip

PeteWard
07-15-2006, 01:04 AM
The Tribune says Ozzie doesn't think Crede will be able to go on Saturday after Johnson nailed him in the calf Friday night. (Still another hit Sox batter with no retaliation...)

Also this from Hermie on Hermanson...apparently the back problems are still around.

"He's pitching in discomfort," trainer Herm Schneider said of Hermanson's lower back problems. "I don't think it's true downright pain. It's discomforting at this time. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to pitch."

Lip

Plunk Jeter tomorrow!:wink:

getonbckthr
07-15-2006, 01:10 AM
Uh we did hit Arod first.

Blueprint1
07-15-2006, 01:16 AM
Great. Just what I wanted to hear.

TDog
07-15-2006, 01:21 AM
... (Still another hit Sox batter with no retaliation...) ...

Maybe Crede was hit in retaliation for Contreras hitting Rodriguez. If that were the case, the Sox would already their gotten their licks in, anyway. If you feel that retaliation is justified, is it only justified for the Sox?

BadBobbyJenks
07-15-2006, 02:23 AM
yes crede was hit in the calf on purpose after arod was so obviously plunked himself :rolleyes:

Grzegorz
07-15-2006, 06:17 AM
I wish the idea that Hermanson would ride into the AL Central and start slaying the competition ala Siegfried is not rooted in reality.

Count Hermanson out; do not depend on him. Look to others to help this team win this year.

bayzbol44
07-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Maybe Crede was hit in retaliation for Contreras hitting Rodriguez. If that were the case, the Sox would already their gotten their licks in, anyway. If you feel that retaliation is justified, is it only justified for the Sox?

Shouldn't this be teal? The count was 0-2 and I think that loaded the bases, so I doubt Cy Contreras did that on purpose.

TornLabrum
07-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Shouldn't this be teal? The count was 0-2 and I think that loaded the bases, so I doubt Cy Contreras did that on purpose.

That doesn't make a bit of difference. One of ours for one of theirs. It's even. We hit them again, and it escalates.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Please, please, please, no more bean ball wars. The Yankees get HBP a lot and they seem to deal. I'm sorry if Joe can't go (actually I was sorry last night when I saw Pods step up to the plate for him) but the Sox can't afford this crap right now, facing a tough schedule while KC throws away one game after another to Detroit. Let's have Ozzie under the national radar for one whole week.

SBSoxFan
07-15-2006, 10:30 AM
I thought Rodriquez got hit by a forkball. No?

SoxandtheCityTee
07-15-2006, 10:44 AM
I thought Rodriquez got hit by a forkball. No?

Yes.

SBSoxFan
07-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Yes.

ok. So not exactly an eye-for-an-eye there then.

SoxSpeed22
07-15-2006, 01:15 PM
This one is different because it was a tie game in the 8th. In this situation, you have to agree with homefish about the 'extra baserunner.'

soxfanreggie
07-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Hermie will likely always have back problems. I think he's tough enough to pitch with the pain though.

BadBobbyJenks
07-16-2006, 05:58 AM
guess what? every time a sox hitter is hit doesnt mean it is intentional, let that sink in..............

Lip Man 1
07-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Bad Bobby:

Guess what...look up how many times the Sox have been hit over the past few years compared to how many guys they've hit.

I'm not saying it's always intentional...what I am saying that if nothing is done about it they are going to continue to hit more Sox players then the opposite.

One of these days that's going to result in a broken wrist, forearm or leg.

Force the other clubs to stop throwing inside, period... by retaliating.

You can go back to 'guessing now.'

Lip

BainesHOF
07-16-2006, 05:29 PM

Exactly.

TDog
07-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Bad Bobby:...

Force the other clubs to stop throwing inside, period... by retaliating. ...

It worked for the Yankees this weekend.

BadBobbyJenks
07-20-2006, 02:58 AM
Bad Bobby:

Guess what...look up how many times the Sox have been hit over the past few years compared to how many guys they've hit.

I'm not saying it's always intentional...what I am saying that if nothing is done about it they are going to continue to hit more Sox players then the opposite.

One of these days that's going to result in a broken wrist, forearm or leg.

You can go back to 'guessing now.'

Lip

I agree with you that we get hit more often than other teams, but crede getting hit with slider in the calf doesnt strike me as anything to be upset about, especially since Contreras had already hit someone. This instance I think was simply an accident, but yes there have been some times where we should have retaliated and did not.