PDA

View Full Version : 2007 All-Star Game Logo Released

Brian26
07-14-2006, 10:14 PM
I don't think anyone has posted this yet. It's a pretty cool design, similar to some of the Golden Gate National Park posters.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/brian2653/2007AllStarGame.jpg

slobes
07-14-2006, 10:19 PM
I like it. There have been some pretty good logos the past couple of years. The one at the Cell with the pinwheels was pretty cool.

Murphy10
07-15-2006, 12:31 AM
That's pretty sweet. That home run derby should be fun too.

bafiarocks03
07-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Isn't it supposed to be American league now!?

goofymsfan
07-15-2006, 02:09 AM

Yes it should be, but Selig finds it more important to showcase the newer ball parks than following a set standard, never mind that he insists on making the game "count":rolleyes::rolleyes:

oeo
07-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Yes it should be, but Selig finds it more important to showcase the newer ball parks than following a set standard, never mind that he insists on making the game "count":rolleyes::rolleyes:

I still think if he's going to do this, then the DH should be allowed to play. We just played an ASG without the DH, and we had a DH starting at firstbase, I don't want to see that again...it's not fair.

It's an exhibition game, so just let the DH play, the pitcher isn't going to bat anyway.

nasox
07-15-2006, 02:24 AM
It's an exhibition game...

So why does it decide home field advantage?

ewokpelts
07-15-2006, 02:10 PM
That's pretty sweet. That home run derby should be fun too.and bonds- free!

soxfanreggie
07-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Looks like a sweet poster, but does Blowhole Bud have to break policy to get them the game. Give them the 2008 game.

Fenway
07-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Refreshing. A San Francisco poster/logo that doesn't have the bridge in it

StockdaleForVeep
07-15-2006, 04:32 PM
is that baseball trail to symbolize the dipping ratings?

gbergman
07-15-2006, 04:55 PM
If Bonds is still playing, and still hasnt been proven to have taken steroids, ithink he might get some honorary thing or something of the sort and be in the HR Derby.

I can already tell you next year in the HR Derby

David Ortiz
Ryan Howard
Big Jim Thome if he puts up this kind of season next year.

more lefties as people will want to see more HRs land in McCovey cove, as it will increase fan draw and ratings

SOXfnNlansing
07-15-2006, 05:19 PM
not trying to hijack the thread, but why does the National League get 2 ALG's in a row? Cool logo though:D:

batmanZoSo
07-15-2006, 05:27 PM
That's suberb. I thought Pitt's was garbage. Our was great in 03 and usually they're all pretty good.

Brian26
07-15-2006, 05:32 PM

Honestly, is there any such thing as a "home field advantage" in the All-Star Game? It could be played in Pittsburgh, Chicago, or on the moon, and no team is going to have an advantage over the other for several obvious reasons (the fans are split down the middle, all of the players are unaccustomed to the city).

hsnterprize
07-15-2006, 08:50 PM
So why does it decide home field advantage?Because of what happened in 2002, when the ASG ended up in a tie because both managers used up all their pitchers. People had also been complaining that the players don't take the game seriously enough, so Bud Selig decided to put that stake in place to "try to make the game more competitive."

Ironically, the American League has had the home-field advantage since this idea began. And...it hasn't mattered one bit. In '03, the Marlins beat the Yankees in New York, the Red Sox beat the Cardinals in St. Louis in '04, and we all know what happened in late-October in Houston last year.

hsnterprize
07-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Isn't it supposed to be American league now!?Some New York newspapers are reporting that Yankee Stadium may be the sight for the 2008 ASG...mainly for a "sendoff" since the "new" Yankee Stadium is set to be up by either 2009 or 2010.

batmanZoSo
07-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Honestly, is there any such thing as a "home field advantage" in the All-Star Game? It could be played in Pittsburgh, Chicago, or on the moon, and no team is going to have an advantage over the other for several obvious reasons (the fans are split down the middle, all of the players are unaccustomed to the city).

The problem for our side is we have some DH type players in the league whose spot on the team will be compromised by the lack of DH, possibly preventing the AL from fielding the strongest possible lineup. Of course I've said (and many others have) for years that there should be no DH in the all-star game no matter where it's played.

Brian26
07-16-2006, 10:27 AM
The problem for our side is we have some DH type players in the league whose spot on the team will be compromised by the lack of DH, possibly preventing the AL from fielding the strongest possible lineup. Of course I've said (and many others have) for years that there should be no DH in the all-star game no matter where it's played.

That's true. However, with the number of pitching changes that occur, the pitcher rarely even bats anyway. Usually there is a pinch hitter when the pitcher's spot comes up. The AL had seven pitchers on Tuesday night, and none of them batted.

Thome25
07-16-2006, 11:49 AM
I still think if he's going to do this, then the DH should be allowed to play. We just played an ASG without the DH, and we had a DH starting at firstbase, I don't want to see that again...it's not fair.

It's an exhibition game, so just let the DH play, the pitcher isn't going to bat anyway.

I agree. The ASG should be in an AL ballpark next year. It would be unfair to put the AL at a disadvantage 2 years in a row just because Selig finds it necessary to go against tradition.

Brian26
07-16-2006, 06:35 PM
I agree. The ASG should be in an AL ballpark next year. It would be unfair to put the AL at a disadvantage 2 years in a row just because Selig finds it necessary to go against tradition.

Not sure if you read the entire thread- my point earlier was that I don't believe there is a definitive home-field advantage in an All-Star Game. The fans are split down the middle (or really non-existant noisewise). The players are all visitors too (except for players who happen to play in that stadium 81 games a year...this year that was only one guy, Sanchez). The DH vs. non-DH issue doesn't exist either since the AL pitchers always get pinch-hit for anyway in NL parks.

thomas35forever
07-16-2006, 06:39 PM
not trying to hijack the thread, but why does the National League get 2 ALG's in a row? Cool logo though:D:
I think Selig is trying to show off newer ballparks to the world.

LongLiveFisk
07-16-2006, 11:24 PM

It should alternate; this is just lame. It's like "We have to let all the 'new' parks have the All-Star game while they can still be considered new". I don't see what the big hurry is. They'll still be there 10-20 yrs from now. It's just that the name will have changed a few times in that period. No biggie!

gaelhound
07-17-2006, 12:09 AM
The Logo 1930S Art Nouveau, WPA style? Very Appealing!

Milw
07-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Of course I've said (and many others have) for years that there should be no DH in the all-star game no matter where it's played.
A far stronger argument can be made that the DH should be in the ASG no matter where it's played. Of course, I suppose you have to be pro-DH in general to believe in that sentiment, but as long as the DH exists in MLB, it should be showcased in the ASG. DH is a position, like it or not.

Thread hijack aside, I do like the logo. It's nice to see baseball (and sports in general) starting to realize that things don't always have to look "X-Treme" to be cool.

KMKsuburbannoise
07-17-2006, 10:41 AM
what's with the plain, bold colors. I like it but would like to see something more exciting.

russ99
07-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Oh great. Bright neon orange practice jerseys for the NL next year?

chisoxmike
07-17-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't think anyone has posted this yet. It's a pretty cool design, similar to some of the Golden Gate National Park posters.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/brian2653/2007AllStarGame.jpg

:thumbsup:

One of the better ones in a while.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
That's suberb. I thought Pitt's was garbage. Our was great in 03 and usually they're all pretty good.

I liked Pitt's. It was all over the place. But it should've been meaner, since it's Pitt.

Like all gun-metal gray and with rusty spots.