PDA

View Full Version : Just watched Tafts forecast, yikes. For once I'm glad we're on the road.

Timmy D's
07-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Chose 1st base side seats last few years for this reason, but even in the shade that's just nasty hot. Hopefully will cool down a few notches for next weekend.

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/9051/heatmisr2.jpg

Soxgirl22
07-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah, they're on the road while I get to play four softball games tomorrow.

Urgh. :(:

cheeses_h_rice
07-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah, they're on the road while I get to play four softball games tomorrow.

Urgh. :(:

http://i.s8.com.br/images/fragance/cover/img2/191022.jpg

:)

SoXPriDe33
07-14-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm glad the Sox are on the road so they don't have to endure the heat. I however will be behind the plate tomorrow in my game and my team's two best pitchers won't be there. I smell a long day for me tomorrow.

MarySwiss
07-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Obviously didn't see Jerry's forecast but NWS says 95-99.

You call that HOT? Wimps! :cool:

Timmy D's
07-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Obviously didn't see Jerry's forecast but NWS says 95-99.

You call that HOT? Wimps! :cool:

LOL, yeah probably nothin on the temp charts ya have there in AZ, but we have the real high humidity sittin over us, and so it's just gross out. The "dry heat" I could handle in that range.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I will be in the front row of the left field Bud Light Bleachers on Sunday nursing a few cold ones and watching my New York Mets kick some Cub ass. (The Cubs have about a .750 winning percentage in games I've attended over the past decade :(: ).

MarySwiss
07-14-2006, 06:47 PM
LOL, yeah probably nothin on the temp charts ya have there in AZ, but we have the real high humidity sittin over us, and so it's just gross out. The "dry heat" I could handle in that range.

You're right; I meant to teal that comment. That's what us Arizonans are always telling you guys; 115 here, with the low humidity, translates to probably 85 there.

A few years ago I was back in Chicago in June. The temp couldn't have been much more than about 85, but by the time I wheeled my luggage from the airport terminal to my brother's car, I was totally exhausted--from the humidity.