PDA

View Full Version : Advantage to possible trade with Mets....

MERPER
07-14-2006, 12:57 PM
I personally feel as though the Mets will be in the World Series... they are far and away the best team in the AAAA (NL)...

If we were to trade them one of our pitchers who would be their No. 2 or 3, and we make the World Series and face them, we are already at an advantage as we know both pitchers extremely well.. know the type of stuff they possess and their tendencies in certain situations...

In particular, if it's Vazquez, we all know his issues are mainly mental... Do you really think that on the biggest stage of it all, he'd be able to be effective for more than 4 or 5 innings against his former team???

Now, if we trade with the Phillies than none of this will matter becuase the phills won't be in the playoffs anyway...

Erik The Red
07-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Why would the Mets trade away bullpen help and possibly a bat when they're trying to win a World Series? Because that's what we'd be trading one of our starters for.

bayzbol44
07-14-2006, 01:01 PM
To be on the safe side, trade JV to the Phillies.

JV and minor leaguer for Gordon and Rowand.

oeo
07-14-2006, 01:04 PM
The Mets are only in the World Series IF they get a solid starting pitcher. The Mets, right now, are built for a regular season run, not a playoff run.

I'm not ready to trade a STARTER for a RELIEVER. That's just plain stupid.

MERPER
07-14-2006, 01:08 PM
The Mets are only in the World Series IF they get a solid starting pitcher. The Mets, right now, are built for a regular season run, not a playoff run.

It's not as stupid as you think.. the entire baseball world knows we will be trading Javy or Freddy before next season to make room for B-Mac... so why not do it now to get pieces we need to win the 2006 World Series?

I don't know about you, but I want to win again this year... I don't want to lose in the playoffs.. right now, with the way things are going, we need a legit guy to bridge the gap to Jenks....

I have no problem trading one of our underachieving starters for a high quality reliever....

Fenway
07-14-2006, 01:22 PM
from the NY Daily News

Sox-y offer
to Mets
http://www.nydailynews.com/images/odot.gifThe Mets may have found a partner willing to deal a starting pitcher after all, which could be even more pressing as Pedro Martinez is about to miss his third straight start. The White Sox have been calling around to clubs - including the Mets - letting it be known that Javier Vazquez or Freddy Garcia would be available.
FULL STORY (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/434976p-366496c.html)

Crede_Fan
07-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I personally feel as though the Mets will be in the World Series... they are far and away the best team in the AAAA (NL)...

If we were to trade them one of our pitchers who would be their No. 2 or 3, and we make the World Series and face them, we are already at an advantage as we know both pitchers extremely well.. know the type of stuff they possess and their tendencies in certain situations...

In particular, if it's Vazquez, we all know his issues are mainly mental... Do you really think that on the biggest stage of it all, he'd be able to be effective for more than 4 or 5 innings against his former team???

Now, if we trade with the Phillies than none of this will matter becuase the phills won't be in the playoffs anyway...

I don't want the Sox to help out someone that they may face in the World Series. It would plain suck to have an ex-player that was traded during the season beat you for the Championship.

DaleJRFan
07-14-2006, 01:23 PM
I already tried this trade on PS2 and the Mets rejected it. So, we can all forget about seeing Duaner Sanchez on the south side this season.

itsnotrequired
07-14-2006, 01:31 PM
I don't want the Sox to help out someone that they may face in the World Series. It would plain suck to have an ex-player that was traded during the season beat you for the Championship.

The Sox need to do what they need to do to get to the post season. Not trading with a NL team because they might see them in the WS is foolish.

AuroraSoxFan
07-14-2006, 01:35 PM
If Javy's struggles are truly mental, than let him go to NY. He'll only destruct with the nasty pressure hat comes with playing in that city. And if we face a menatlly battered guy in the WS, that is ok with me. Especially if we got to him early and had 1-2 of their top pen guys in our uniform. But that's all speculation. For any of that to happen we'd have to get to the WS as would the Mets.

NonetheLoaiza
07-14-2006, 01:59 PM
If Kenny is trying to work a trade with this as his first thought, I want a new GM. Kenny would make a deal with any team in baseball if, and only if, it helped the Sox make another run this season. I'm pretty sure he couldn't care less to which team he's trading a guy, so long as the White Sox are better off. He wouldn't think to himself, 'I better not trade this guy to the Mets because the Mets might win 2 rounds in the playoffs and face us in the World Series...'

Britt Burns
07-14-2006, 02:16 PM
If the Mets gave up Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano, we should at least be able to get Heilman, Lastings Millidge and Mike Pelfrey for Vazquez.

DaleJRFan
07-14-2006, 02:26 PM
If the Mets gave up Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano, we should at least be able to get Heilman, Lastings Millidge and Mike Pelfrey for Vazquez.

They flipped Kris Benson for Jorge Julio and John Maine. They then flipped Julio for El Duque. Maine, after a lackluster showing this year is in AAA. Really big emphasis on quality starters over there in NY so far this year. I am fairly certain, that if KW wanted to pull the wool over Minaya's brow, he could and would with a fair amount of ease.

CLR01
07-14-2006, 02:46 PM

It does nothing to improve the Sox unless you can get a lights out reliever which I doubt. If they traded prospects and a bat for a reliever sure but I don't see how trading a starter, moving McCarthy to the rotation and replacing McCarthy with another reliever does anything.