PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle security issues

itsnotrequired
07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
From Scott Reifert's blog:

Mark Buehrle and his family arrived late in Pittsburgh and he came into the hotel lobby just as Phyllis Merhige and I were talking. He hugged Phyllis (not me) and then headed over to the ballpark to watch the derby.

When he arrived at the ballpark, the guard asked him for some ID. Mark showed him his player ID card. The guard looked at him skeptically. Do you have anything else? He asked Mark. How about this, Mark answered, showing him his World Series ring. The guard let him in ...

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

:cool:

jenn2080
07-14-2006, 01:28 PM

:cool:

That is too funny! Way to go Mark!

Ol' No. 2
07-14-2006, 01:28 PM

:cool:It's good to be the king. :thumbsup:

itsnotrequired
07-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Here's another good one:

What a dad ... when Ozzie Guillen and his family were interviewed during the red carpet ceremony before the game, he pointed to his son, Ozzie Jr., and said, "He's the Paris Hilton of Chicago."

mccoydp
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
How could the guard not know who Mark was? Strange.

DaleJRFan
07-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Reifert's blog is awesome. I try to check it every day. Some really great anticdotes on there...

is allstar game recap is hilarious, especially the bit about Barry Zito.

Tekijawa
07-14-2006, 01:39 PM

Greg Maddux Didn't know who Buehrle was last year.

DumpJerry
07-14-2006, 01:39 PM
...........National League.............

salty99
07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I was talking to some season ticket holders from Boston at the taste and they had no clue who Joe Crede was.

Iwritecode
07-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Somebody interviewed Mark and mentioned this after the homerun derby. I think it was on Comcast. Mark said he only got to see the last 2 homeruns Dye hit.

slobes
07-14-2006, 01:58 PM
My friend told me this story. Quite funny. Way to go Mark.

voodoochile
07-14-2006, 02:01 PM
...........National League.............

He'd just been there the week before though. It is odd...

Gremlin3
07-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Priceless

nasox
07-14-2006, 02:04 PM
He'd just been there the week before though. It is odd...

You would think security would approve of a man who drives a dirty red pickup truck.

Jjav829
07-14-2006, 02:49 PM
He's a guard. Just because he is a guard at a Major League Baseball stadium doesn't mean he can recognize every player that comes in there. The guy might not even like baseball.

SABRSox
07-14-2006, 02:53 PM
He's a guard. Just because he is a guard at a Major League Baseball stadium doesn't mean he can recognize every player that comes in there. The guy might not even like baseball.

I'd imagine the best guards don't have any interest in what they are guarding.

lukeman89
07-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Mike and Mike on ESPN2 really screwed the story up. they said mark had no identification on him, and made him sound like an ass by saying he walked up, wasnt allowed in, and just shoved his ring in the guys face.

but then again, its ESPN so what do i expect

TDog
07-14-2006, 03:03 PM
MLB and not the teams are responsible for All-Star Game and postseason game security. They are notoriously hard about not letting people in who aren't authorized. That is why Carlton Fisk couldn't get into the Sox clubhouse years ago during the ALCS, although people preferred the blame Reinsdorf.

FielderJones
07-14-2006, 03:51 PM
When he arrived at the ballpark, the guard asked him for some ID. Mark showed him his player ID card. The guard looked at him skeptically. Do you have anything else? He asked Mark. How about this, Mark answered, showing him his World Series ring. The guard let him in ...

Woo-hoo! An extra benefit for winning the World Series Ring Raffle! :redneck

DumpJerry
07-14-2006, 05:11 PM
So, what are you sayin' there, Jjav? This guy might be a Cub fan?

Law11
07-14-2006, 05:21 PM
:neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
Thats awsome.. Gotta luv Mark.

HotelWhiteSox
07-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Cool story, but not a big deal about the guard not knowing him though, I remember years ago when a guard wouldn't let ARod in (actually I think it was here)

white sox bill
07-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Greg Maddux Didn't know who Buehrle was last year.

That stemmed from Marks interview where Mark incinuated that a veteran pitcher from the cubs was throwing a spitter. Then, I think it was the Score, went back and told Maddux that Mark incinuated it was him. Maddux said "Who's Mark Buerhlre?"
Then supposly, the Score went back and told Mark that Maddux ddin't know who he was. Marks answer: "I'll have to introduce myself to him at the All Star game." Of course, Mark was being sacastic since Maddux wasn't anywhere near the All Star game. Funny stuff!

RadioheadRocks
07-14-2006, 10:30 PM

Well in all fairness that Wheaties box wasn't distributed nationally.