PDA

View Full Version : New York papers look at the White Sox

Fenway
07-14-2006, 12:24 PM
New York Times
Loving or Hating the Bad Boy of the White Sox (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/14/sports/baseball/14catcher.html)

By JACK CURRY
A.J. Pierzynski, the quick-talking, quick-witted catcher for the Chicago White Sox, likes to go to the edge in nearly everything he does.

New York Daily News

Why Jose was lost to Yanks
It is hard not to think of him as the one who got away. Jose Contreras, after all, came to the Yankees in 2003 charged with becoming the best pitcher on the best team in baseball - and he arrives at the Stadium tonight having done that in Chicago, not New York.
FULL STORY (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/435036p-366534c.html)

Pinstripers ill-suited to
catch either shade of Sox
John Harper: It is not the easiest way to begin the second-half charge the Yankees will need to reach the postseason for a 12th straight year, facing the defending champion White Sox and a pitcher, Jose Contreras, for whom they would give anything to have back in pinstripes.
FULL STORY (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/435039p-366536c.html)

ondafarm
07-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah, well lets now put their dreams to bed and take them to town.

palehozenychicty
07-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah, well lets now put their dreams to bed and take them to town.

It all starts tonight. I'll be there in the stadium, watching another randy johnson takedown!

SOXintheBURGH
07-14-2006, 01:09 PM
It all starts tonight. I'll be there in the stadium, watching another randy johnson takedown!

:widger:
"You got it."

CaptainBallz
07-14-2006, 01:14 PM
:contreras:
"Yo soy el dueno de tu culo, Nueva York."

Fenway
07-14-2006, 01:14 PM

New England will be rooting hard for the White Sox this weekend :tongue:

slobes
07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm sensing some more back to back to back action tonight.

I didn't realize the Big Unit was only 10-7. If here were on the Sox, people here would wanna demote him to the bullpen.

Ol' No. 2
07-14-2006, 01:27 PM
It all starts tonight. I'll be there in the stadium, watching another randy johnson takedown!I thought the Yanks juggled their rotation to run Mussina out there tonight and Johnson tomorrow?

nysox35
07-14-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm sensing some more back to back to back action tonight.

I didn't realize the Big Unit was only 10-7. If here were on the Sox, people here would wanna demote him to the bullpen.

haha, I've seen him pitch like 4 games at the stadium this season and he's been rocked in all but one. My section in the bleachers was getting into verbal fights with itself.
Group 1 "F U Johnson, you suck, you're worthless"
Group 2 "**** AHoles, he's still on the team. Show support"
Group 1 "&%&% %&%&% You and your mother"

The guys had to have security come over and calm them down. That was when I knew this was not your avg season in the Bronx.

nlentz88
07-14-2006, 01:57 PM

Nice!

logansquaresox
07-14-2006, 02:00 PM

This made me spit water all over my keyboard. Congrats!

Fenway
07-14-2006, 02:11 PM
I think you will all like the back page of the Daily News today :D:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/991-BACK_LARGE.jpg

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-14-2006, 02:14 PM

I am the donate of your bum? :?:

voodoochile
07-14-2006, 02:26 PM
I am the donate of your bum? :?:

According to the on-line translation site it says:

"I am the owner of your butt" (though culo translates more as "ass" in English.)

Iwritecode
07-14-2006, 02:35 PM

"I am the owner of your butt" (though culo translates more as "ass" in English.)

Babblefish translates it as "I am the owner of your ass."

MrRoboto83
07-14-2006, 02:44 PM
The Sox are getting zero respect from Spankee messageboards. They think a sweep is in the bag for the bombers. They were also stating that if it wasn't for Aaron Rowand last year the Yankees would of swept that series. I hope the Sox destroy New York this weekend.

AJTrenkle
07-14-2006, 04:51 PM
This is great, the NY Times is really a national paper, nice to see our little team making more and more waves. Let's win this darn thing again!

ode to veeck
07-14-2006, 11:44 PM

**** englishmen, what do they know about ass!