PDA

View Full Version : Jim Hendry's All-Star break

Fake Chet Lemon
07-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Jim Hendry said he would "evaluate" things over the All-Star break. Since he obviously was not referring to the team's manager, what was Jim Hendry evaluating?

a) Whether he should spend the entire All-Star break waxing Andy McPhale's yacht, to secure an additional year on his two-year extension.

b) Whether to ERECT a monument to bench coach Dick Pole in Center Field. Sell pole sponsorship to Mike's HARD lemonade.

c) Since Cubs fans come for the circus and not winning baseball, determine if having clowns perform juggling acts in the outfield during games would enhance the Wrigley Field "experience" for the fan base.

d) How to build an upper deck over the bleachers and fulfill his main priority this season, increasing revenues. And of course, ponder who would sponsor it.

e) Whether to offer Ronny Woo-Woo the 1B coaching position.

f) Determine if Cub fans really are dumb enough to continue demanding this product as evidenced by their ticket purchases.

g) Other: What else guys??!!!!

AuroraSoxFan
07-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Damn. That about sums it up. You definitely covered all the bases on that one. Nicely done!

eriqjaffe
07-14-2006, 10:36 AM
g) Paper or plastic?

downstairs
07-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Reading back-issues of The Trib to determine which writers are "team players" and which are not.

fquaye149
07-14-2006, 11:03 AM
c) Since Cubs fans come for the circus and not winning baseball, determine if having clowns perform juggling acts in the outfield during games would enhance the Wrigley Field "experience" for the fan base.

they'd probably play better defense than Jones and Pierre

DaleJRFan
07-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Is this from the Heckler.com???

Fake Chet Lemon
07-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Is this from the Heckler.com???

Nope. 100% from me :D: .

Forgot to add:

* Help Dusty figure out all INAPPROPRIATE times of hustle. Share list with lazy-A. Ramirez.

DaleJRFan
07-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Nope. 100% from me :D: .

Well then you are pretty damn funny! When you are done with this list, you should submit it to them. Wouldn't surprise me if they publish it.

MDF3530
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
He said he was going to use the AS break to do some evaluating. By the looks of him, the only thing he's ever evaluated is the difference between Dunkin' Donuts & Krispy Kreme.

Ol' No. 2
07-14-2006, 03:40 PM
He said he was going to use the AS break to do some evaluating. By the looks of him, the only thing he's ever evaluated is the difference between Dunkin' Donuts & Krispy Kreme.Dunkin' Donuts is better. (What do you want to bet this becomes a poll in the parking lot by the end of the day?)

DaleJRFan
07-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Dunkin' Donuts is better. (What do you want to bet this becomes a poll in the parking lot by the end of the day?)

You called it!
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75158

:D:

QCIASOXFAN
07-14-2006, 04:08 PM
C&D are a tie in my book.

Sox-o-matic
07-14-2006, 04:14 PM
He said he was going to use the AS break to do some evaluating.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:apH3k-9Al-nmqM:entomology.unl.edu/images/crickets/fldcricket_female.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://entomology.unl.edu/images/crickets/fldcricket_female.jpg&imgrefurl=http://entomology.unl.edu/images/crickets/crickets.htm&h=406&w=600&sz=73&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=apH3k-9Al-nmqM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=133&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcrickets%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr% 3D%26safe%3Doff)
.....chirp......chirp.........

wdelaney72
07-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Jim Hendry said he would "evaluate" things over the All-Star break. Since he obviously was not referring to the team's manager, what was Jim Hendry evaluating?

I normally don't care to worry about hating and bashing the Cubs, I can't help but join in this time. This was nicely done, but these need to be re-categorized as many are more in-line with Andy McPhail's span of control.

Things Andy McPhail will Evaluate Over the All-Star Break:
a) What brand of wax Hendry should use to polish his yacht.
b) Whether to ERECT a monument to bench coach Dick Pole in Center Field. Sell pole sponsorship to Mike's HARD lemonade.
d) How to build an upper deck over the bleachers and fulfill his main priority this season, increasing revenues. And of course, ponder who would sponsor it.

Things Jim Hendry will Evaluate Over the All-Star Break:
a) Whether to offer Ronny Woo-Woo the 1B coaching position.
b) When should Kerry Wood throw his next simulated game.
c) Are there any additional defensively challenged 2B to add to the roster before the trading deadline.
d) Weather or not to buy the "Tom Emanski" base-running video for Aramis Ramirez and rest of the team.
e) What color ski-mask he should purchase to wear to work for every remaining day left on his contract.

zach074
07-14-2006, 11:50 PM
g) Paper or plastic?

come on now do we have to insult my job?
:rolleyes: