PDA

View Full Version : Which "signature" line or gimmick makes you most want to murder its user the most?

PeteWard
07-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Preaching to the choir here on Berman, but his "And it's a scrapuh!" when someone hits the Green Monster really should doom him to some special circle in Jackass Announcer Hell.

Any other nominations?

Milw
07-14-2006, 09:29 AM
"The Yankees win! Thuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh Yankees winnnnn!"
:angry::angry::angry:

DeadMoney
07-14-2006, 09:33 AM

And that better be the last time I hear/think of this all weekend. (and I think it makes it more annoying that he vibratos on the "Thuuuuuuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh")

SoxFan76
07-14-2006, 10:01 AM
:santo

"Oh NOOOOO! ughaghasf;lhafdsl;jhfhguhgablahblahblahughgughguag ;dh"

:hughes

"And Aramis Ramirez pops it up to the third baseman leaving 3 runners stranded. grumblegrumble-why do I have to work with this moron-grumblegrumble"

Deuce
07-14-2006, 11:00 AM
:angry::angry::angry::puking: http://www.necbl.com/images/John%20Sterling.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but I love hearing Santo say "oh nooooooooooooooooooo!" It means something bad has happened to the Scrubs.

sullythered
07-14-2006, 11:19 AM
"A back to back, and a belly to belly!"

Jerko
07-14-2006, 11:38 AM
I'd like to murder Hawk every time he yells "STRETCH" and the ball doesn't reach the warning track. :angry:

SoxFan76
07-14-2006, 11:41 AM
I'd like to murder Hawk every time he yells "STRETCH" and the ball doesn't reach the warning track. :angry:

I think I've seen that happen twice in the last 2 years. He pretty much says it when it's a warning track shot.

Lyle Mouton
07-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Pretty much anything Berman says

"THAT ONE LANDED IN CICERO!"

He's turned into such a cartoon of his former self, it's not even funny

EastCoastSoxFan
07-14-2006, 11:44 AM
I think I've seen that happen twice in the last 2 years. He pretty much says it when it's a warning track shot.And if he says, "Stretch!...get longer!" it usually doesn't even reach the warning track...

DaleJRFan
07-14-2006, 12:01 PM

Don't mean to turn this into a Hawk hater thread, because I love the guy, but you could insert any of the following into this thread:

"Can of corn for (insert outfielder's first name here)"
"He's in the catbird seat"
"He's gotta cinch it up and hunker down"
"Right size, wrong shape"
"Get foul... it will..."
"Stay fair... it will..."
"gaaaaaaaas......"
"If I had a dozen golf balls for ever time I saw that in my playing career..."

and the absolute WORST: "(Insert player name here) is the best (insert situation here) hitter, I have ever seen."

SoxFan78
07-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Chris Berman Game 3 ALDS:

"OH NOOOOOO, He got him to go!!"

"Iguchi to Konerko, and the Boston Red Sox dream to repeat is over!"

Baby Fisk
07-14-2006, 12:07 PM
The fact that Darrin Jackson still doesn't know how to call a home run is baffling. Sometimes this season he has given the impression of being totally caught off guard by a home run, and he ends up barking out some jibberish.

DaleJRFan
07-14-2006, 12:08 PM
The fact that Darrin Jackson still doesn't know how to call a home run is baffling. Sometimes this season he has given the impression of being totally caught off guard by a home run, and he ends up barking out some jibberish.

For all the crap Chris Singleton is catching this year, I really like his homerun call. Maybe he could let DJ "borrow" it for a few games and see how it works out.

LuvSox
07-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Chris Berman Game 3 ALCS:

"OH NOOOOOO, He got him to go!!"

"Iguchi to Konerko, and the Boston Red Sox dream to repeat is over!"

I'd like to punch him right in his fat face.

lukeman89
07-14-2006, 12:14 PM
"Boom goes the dynamite"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gitT-GN2Y2I&search=boom%20goes%20the%20dynamite

itsnotrequired
07-14-2006, 12:14 PM
:puking: http://www.necbl.com/images/John%20Sterling.jpg

He gets my vote as well. What a goofball...

Baby Fisk
07-14-2006, 12:23 PM
For all the crap Chris Singleton is catching this year, I really like his homerun call. Maybe he could let DJ "borrow" it for a few games and see how it works out.
What is Singleton's HR call?

Tekijawa
07-14-2006, 01:16 PM

"I rode my bike here on Thursday for that dollar dog Thursday thing that they have here on Thursday nights, here at the ball park, and there's a grand slam by Iguchi, and I got to thinking that this dollar dog night that they have here at the park, there's a triple by Thome, on Thursdays is the greatest deal they have at the park here on Thursdays."

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-14-2006, 02:01 PM
I don't know how to say it...

How would you type the sound of a burning toupee under a heat lamp??

:santo

"Boy these fans are great. Look at them putting the flames out on my head."

bayzbol44
07-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Don't mean to turn this into a Hawk hater thread, because I love the guy, but you could insert any of the following into this thread:

"Can of corn for (insert outfielder's first name here)"
"He's in the catbird seat"
"He's gotta cinch it up and hunker down"
"Right size, wrong shape"
"Get foul... it will..."
"Stay fair... it will..."
"gaaaaaaaas......"
"If I had a dozen golf balls for ever time I saw that in my playing career..."

and the absolute WORST: "(Insert player name here) is the best (insert situation here) hitter, I have ever seen."

Bravo, bravo!!! I vote for all of the above especially the last part.

DaleJRFan
07-14-2006, 02:18 PM

"... long drive to left field... (raises voice) and Jermaine Dye will touch them all as the Sox pick up 3 runs with one swing."

I really like his HR call. Seems lame in type, but he makes it exciting on-air.

DeadMoney
07-14-2006, 02:22 PM
"... long drive to left field... (raises voice) and Jermaine Dye will touch them all as the Sox pick up 3 runs with one swing."

I really like his HR call. Seems lame in type, but he makes it exciting on-air.

It had been (while I HAD to listen because I was up at school), "to the track, to the wall, [player] will touch 'em all." I don't know if it still is though.

wdelaney72
07-14-2006, 02:36 PM
It had been (while I HAD to listen because I was up at school), "to the track, to the wall, [player] will touch 'em all." I don't know if it still is though.

Moving off of baseball, I absolutely hate it when people say "It's all good".

NonetheLoaiza
07-14-2006, 02:54 PM
"you're with me, leather."

Wait...actually, that makes me want to go up and shake Berman's hand.

Everything else Berman says, though...gets my vote.

soxruleEP
07-14-2006, 06:18 PM
I think I've seen that happen twice in the last 2 years. He pretty much says it when it's a warning track shot.

Huh? He says it just about any time someone hits a flyball.

DSpivack
07-14-2006, 10:20 PM
"I rode my bike here on Thursday for that dollar dog Thursday thing that they have here on Thursday nights, here at the ball park, and there's a grand slam by Iguchi, and I got to thinking that this dollar dog night that they have here at the park, there's a triple by Thome, on Thursdays is the greatest deal they have at the park here on Thursdays."

:rolling:

batmanZoSo
07-14-2006, 11:27 PM

There's only one solution: fix it for him.

Seriously, I'll agree with you there. I cannot believe how unpolished DJ still is in this his 7th year in the booth. Wow, seventh.

Mercy!
07-14-2006, 11:45 PM
The fact that Darrin Jackson still doesn't know how to call a home run is baffling. Sometimes this season he has given the impression of being totally caught off guard by a home run, and he ends up barking out some jibberish. I know what you mean. I just can't understand why he was so quick to give up on, "Uh-Oh!"

lumpyspun
07-15-2006, 12:08 AM
"Hi I'm Joe Buck and I'm here with Tim McCarver..."

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-15-2006, 12:18 AM
"I've said it before and i'll say it again, Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz are the best 1-2 combination in baseball"

zach074
07-15-2006, 12:23 AM
"thats just manny being manny" :angry:

vegyrex
07-15-2006, 01:26 AM
"thats just manny being manny" :angry:
I hate that to.

Wsoxmike59
07-15-2006, 08:07 AM
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw

:puking: http://www.necbl.com/images/John%20Sterling.jpg

I really really hate this douche bag. Him and Berman are the two worst announcers in all of sports.

Johnny74
07-16-2006, 12:36 AM
"He Gone!" and "You can put it on the board...yes!" make me cringe everytime I here them. I've said it before and I'll say it again; "He gone" is the equivalent of "git r done" and that is just the stupidest thing ever said. UGH!

TheOldRoman
07-16-2006, 01:20 AM
"He Gone!" and "You can put it on the board...yes!" make me cringe everytime I here them. I've said it before and I'll say it again; "He gone" is the equivalent of "git r done" and that is just the stupidest thing ever said. UGH!
:rolleyes:

SoxFan78
07-16-2006, 09:05 AM

I'm sure a lot of people on this board are NOT gonna agree with you on this one. Especially me.

SOXSINCE'70
07-16-2006, 09:09 AM

My retort is normally "Yankees suck,Yankees suck,
Thuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh Yankees suck".:angry: :angry: :angry:

SOXSINCE'70
07-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Anything that starts with "backbackbackbackback,gone!":angry: :angry:

Here's another one:

"Off the wall", (heavy sigh),"The White Sox win it" (heavier sigh).

-Joe Buck in the bottom of the ninth inning of
game 2 of the 2005 ALCS (the AJ game) after Joe Crede
doubled home pinch runner Pablo Ozuna.I still say it was
a game winning 2 run HR.

michned
07-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Any announcer that says, "Warning track, wall...touch 'em all {player name}!"

There are a few, including Greg Schulte with Arizona.

the gooch
07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
isnt the yankee bozo's home run call, "s-s-s-s-s-s-s-see ya!"
i find that just as horrible, and almost as bad as the yankees actually winning a game.

SOXPHILE
07-20-2006, 06:14 PM
http://www.philly.com/images/philly/philly/10647/thumb_113368680062.jpg
"....Hey, what up, y'all ? Dis is MY house....welcome to Quite Frankly..."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Tim-about.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tim-about.jpg)

"...now, with the bases loaded, the pitcher does NOT want a walk the hitter here, because that will score a run, and right now, a walk is the same thing as a homerun. He needs an out here. Does not want this team to score again..."

MarySwiss
07-20-2006, 06:26 PM
i find that just as horrible, and almost as bad as the yankees actually winning a game.
I can't think of anything about the Yankees that isn't horrible. :cool:

buehrle4cy05
07-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Anybody who refers to Jason Giambi as "The Giambino." Giambi is a cheater, Ruth was a great. I want to puke every time I hear that.

soxinem1
07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
The greatest fans assemble at the friendly confines

NonetheLoaiza
07-20-2006, 10:21 PM
http://www.philly.com/images/philly/philly/10647/thumb_113368680062.jpg
"....Hey, what up, y'all ? Dis is MY house....welcome to Quite Frankly..."

Quite Frankly, if you were to offer me more cheese doodles...I might just have some.

07-21-2006, 10:07 AM
When Farmer gives his pitching advise "What he needs to do here is throw a slider....and he does throw a slider, and it's a bit outside"....Now if I'm listening to the radio, I'm not seeing the game, but it appears that every time farmer gives he advise on what they should throw, they always seem to throw it...

kraut83
07-21-2006, 11:16 AM

Could be wrong, but I think that's their TV PBP guy.

"Aaand that's an A-Bomb, for A-Rod!" :puking:

Sad
07-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Pretty much anything Berman says

"THAT ONE LANDED IN CICERO!"

He's turned into such a cartoon of his former self, it's not even funny

all them ESPN guy's shticks (Stuart Scott, Berman, Mayne) wore out a Loonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago...

slobes
07-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Quite Frankly, if you were to offer me more cheese doodles...I might just have some.

Hahaha that video of the NBA draft was hilarious. I only enjoy listening to Steven A Smith occasionally because I find it amusing to hear him talk.

mbwhitesox
07-21-2006, 03:08 PM
I know what you mean. I just can't understand why he was so quick to give up on, "Uh-Oh!"

I still have a fondness for "You can kiss that baby goodnight". Whatever happend to that one?

PeteWard
07-24-2006, 12:13 AM
"Back back back Hey hey" was a repeated nightmare of my late 60s youth, esp. when we could not pull in Channel 44 and needed to see some baseball--or whatever it was they played up there. Fortunately we heard, "Oh No!" much more.

http://www.wgnradio.com/photos/brickhouse.jpg:(:

Chisox1500
07-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Dee for three!!!

Thankfully it will only be heard in Turkey from now on.

PeteWard
07-24-2006, 06:07 AM
And on a related note:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/50036