PDA

View Full Version : Not Liriano's best stuff

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-13-2006, 09:28 PM
5 runs over 5 innings against Cleveland

cbotnyse
07-13-2006, 09:30 PM
5 runs over 5 innings against ClevelandI have yet to see this guy pitch a full game. I hear he is pretty good though.

FloridaTigers
07-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Tigers roughed him up pretty good. :cool: I just hope the same results come up when we face him as a starter.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
I have yet to see this guy pitch a full game.

same here :?:

Soxfanspcu11
07-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Tigers roughed him up pretty good. :cool: I just hope the same results come up when we face him as a starter.

:?:
Aren't you a Tigers fan?? You already say that your team (Tigers) roughed him up pretty good. But you then say that you are looking for the same results when "we" face him. When you say "we", do you mean Tigers or Sox.

Sorry, I am confused here.

EDIT-Oh wait, are you talking about the ASG??

thewalkoffshot
07-13-2006, 09:58 PM
:?:
Aren't you a Tigers fan?? You already say that your team (Tigers) roughed him up pretty good. But you then say that you are looking for the same results when "we" face him. When you say "we", do you mean Tigers or Sox.

Sorry, I am confused here.

EDIT-Oh wait, are you talking about the ASG??

I think is what he is trying to say, is that the Tigers have only faced him coming out fo the bullpen. I think they were able to score 7 runs while he was pitching in relief when the Twins were down in a blowout game, and have not faced him since he has become a starter.

Soxfanspcu11
07-13-2006, 10:00 PM
I think is what he is trying to say, is that the Tigers have only faced him coming out fo the bullpen. I think they were able to score 7 runs while he was pitching in relief when the Twins were down in a blowout game, and have not faced him since he has become a starter.

Gotcha! Thanks for the 411.

StatHead21
07-13-2006, 10:06 PM
I watched the game, he was wild and his slider wasn't breaking as well as I've seen in the past.

rocky biddle
07-14-2006, 06:25 AM
Was this somehow AJ's fault?

teal?

fquaye149
07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
This is why I think it's foolish to vote a rookie to the ASG....

Don't get me wrong, I suspect Liriano will bounce back and pitch well in his next start...but how many ROTY's have sophomore jinxes and never play above-mediocre baseball again? Pat Listach anyone? Eric Karros?

Then when you consider what a small sample size a half season is....that's why I didn't understand the moral outrage when Liriano didn't make the AS team...try doing it for more than three months, is one way of looking at things.

hi im skot
07-14-2006, 09:31 AM

Don't get me wrong, I suspect Liriano will bounce back and pitch well in his next start...but how many ROTY's have sophomore jinxes and never play above-mediocre baseball again? Pat Listach anyone? Eric Karros?

Then when you consider what a small sample size a half season is....that's why I didn't understand the moral outrage when Liriano didn't make the AS team...try doing it for more than three months, is one way of looking at things.

There's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Mickster
07-14-2006, 09:31 AM

5 of his 10 wins have come by facing NL central teams.

Iwritecode
07-14-2006, 10:29 AM
5 of his 10 wins have come by facing NL central teams.

Actually only 4 of his 10 wins. One was against the Dodgers. Still an NL team though.

He also got a decision by pitching 1 inning of relief against the Royals...

rowand33
07-14-2006, 10:43 AM
he has yet to pitch well against a good team.

he's going to gift wrap that rookie of the year award for papelbon in the second half.

hawkjt
07-14-2006, 12:45 PM
C'mon- Phil rogers had him as the AL cy young winner yesterday. He must be great.

Actually, I heard Bert Blyleven whining about the whole travel ordeal for Liriano during the all star break as the reason for his outing.

He might have a point. Ozzie- you devil.

SBSoxFan
07-14-2006, 12:47 PM
C'mon- Phil rogers had him as the AL cy young winner yesterday. He must be great.

Actually, I heard Bert Blyleven whining about the whole travel ordeal for Liriano during the all star break as the reason for his outing.

He might have a point. Ozzie- you devil.

Beat me to it! It's all Ozzie's fault.

fquaye149
07-14-2006, 04:37 PM
he has yet to pitch well against a good team.

he's going to gift wrap that rookie of the year award for papelbon in the second half.

That's not true. He handed the Rangers who have a rather formidable lineup.

NEvertheless, I'm not convinced, but will be if he continues for an entire season.....All I'm saying is to get outraged because a ROOKIE having a good HALFSEASON wasn't voted to the ASG and instead a lot of very good, proven pitchers were is v. silly imo

DumpJerry
07-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Paging Mark Fidrych. Paging Mark Fidrych.

buehrle4cy05
07-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Hijack:

CFAD, what's up with the picture in the sig? It's confusing the hell out of me.:redface:

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.