PDA

View Full Version : 5th Starter

doctor30th
02-14-2002, 09:38 PM
Who will be our 5th starter?

KempersRS
02-14-2002, 09:42 PM
You need to clarify who the 1-4 are because I don't think Garland is even our #5. Sadly, he will be moved up in the rotation.

doctor30th
02-14-2002, 09:48 PM
Well I'm actually assuming that what the White sox has said (Buehrle, Ritchie, Parque, and Garland) is the 1-4. But I don't think everyone agrees, if you feel 3 and 4 are going ot be different say who you think 3 and 4 are, but those people might pick parque or garland as 5, I'm giving everyone an option.

doctor30th
02-14-2002, 10:05 PM
sorry, I typed in ginter 2 times and forgot wright. We have so may pitchers that names begin with G it gets confusing.

doctor30th
02-14-2002, 10:10 PM
Is there a chance a moderator can fix the pole so it has one ginter and put wright for the other?

FarWestChicago
Originally posted by doctor30th
sorry, I typed in ginter 2 times and forgot wright. We have so may pitchers that names begin with G it gets confusing. Fixed it. :smile:

doctor30th
thanks

OfficerKarkovice
02-14-2002, 10:12 PM
Rocky...assuming he's healthy.

Pete_SSAC
02-14-2002, 10:20 PM
I gotta say Glover, although it's tough between him and Biddle. The only reason why I give Glover the edge is because he's less of a ? health wise. I notice that Guerrier is in the lead, but I would prefer someone with some big leauge experiance.

- Pete

danman31
02-14-2002, 11:16 PM
Well my rotation would look like this
Buehrle
Ritchie
Garland
Parque
Glover-he doesnt go long, but don't we have the pitchers this year? I am on the anti-Wright list.

Daver
02-14-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Well my rotation would look like this
Buehrle
Ritchie
Garland
Parque
Glover-he doesnt go long, but don't we have the pitchers this year? I am on the anti-Wright list.

Glover may have the stuff to go longer than Parque.

Iguana775
02-14-2002, 11:31 PM
well, my rotation would be:

burly
richie
butter
garland
biddle

Not Wrong or Glove may sneak in there if someone fails.....

bp.
Glove
Not Wrong (not included if only 11 man staff)
barcelo
keith
osuna
kelly
bullet bob

that is 12. i thought i read where JM is going to go with a 12 man pitching staff....maybe i am just remembering from last year.

this is just off the top of my head so i may have forgotten someone

dugwood31
02-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Didn't Manuel say at the end of last year that the 5th spot was Glover's to lose? I like it. Give me the guys with good control and a plan instead of these "studs" we seem to be awash in who throw 93-95 and have never had to figure out how to pitch.

AsInWreck
02-15-2002, 02:08 PM
I'm going w/ glover as the money pick but guerrier
is my sleeper

hold2dibber
02-15-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
well, my rotation would be:

burly
richie
butter
garland
biddle

Not Wrong or Glove may sneak in there if someone fails.....

bp.
Glove
Not Wrong (not included if only 11 man staff)
barcelo
keith
osuna
kelly
bullet bob

that is 12. i thought i read where JM is going to go with a 12 man pitching staff....maybe i am just remembering from last year.

this is just off the top of my head so i may have forgotten someone

I think it would be a big mistake to include Wright on the MLB roster this year; that boy needs some seasoning in the minors. He has a cannon, but he doesn't know what the hell he's doing yet. If they go with 12, I agree with the choices above, except I'd stick Vining (if he has a decent spring) or Ginter in Wright's spot.

Pete_SSAC
02-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

I think it would be a big mistake to include Wright on the MLB roster this year; that boy needs some seasoning in the minors. He has a cannon, but he doesn't know what the hell he's doing yet. If they go with 12, I agree with the choices above, except I'd stick Vining (if he has a decent spring) or Ginter in Wright's spot.

Problem: Vining isn't with the team anymore. I think he got traded or something last season.

- Pete

CerberusWG
02-15-2002, 02:41 PM
No, Vining is still on the team.

Pete_SSAC
02-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Problem: Vining isn't with the team anymore. I think he got traded or something last season.

- Pete

Mmmm... He's not listed on the 40 man roster.

Or, I could be seeing things... again.

- Pete

czalgosz
02-15-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Mmmm... He's not listed on the 40 man roster.

Or, I could be seeing things... again.

- Pete

There was a thread on this earlier. Vining is in the White Sox organization, but is not on the 40-man roster and has not been invited to Spring Training as a non-roster player. He'll be in the minor-league camp this spring.

It seems that the Sox have decided that they simply don't want him on the team.

pearso66
02-15-2002, 03:13 PM
my first choice for 5th starter would be rocky, i felt he was pretty decent last year, if only he got some more support. but if he is still injured, id say glover makign the rotation
burly
ritchie
garland
parque
biddle/glover

FarmerAndy
02-15-2002, 03:46 PM
I've said it before, but I think Parque needs to prove he has his stuff back before we pen him in for a rotation spot.

Pete_SSAC
02-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
I've said it before, but I think Parque needs to prove he has his stuff back before we pen him in for a rotation spot.

I would agree, if it were the fact we would have someone we could depend on to replace him. Right now number five is pretty much down to Glover/Wright, since it looks like Biddle is a little Rocky right now.

- Pete

Huisj
02-16-2002, 01:39 PM
For some reason, I bet at least one of the injured guys from last year isn't going to be ready for opening day. And for some reason I feel like that person will be Parque. Maybe I'm way off on this, but I picture him starting the year like Baldwin did last year--he'll need a few AAA starts or something to get ready, and then come up at the end of April or something. In which case I'm going to say Wright gets the 5th starter spot . . . of course that seems to be a rather unpopular choice right now. That would put the rotation at:

Buerhle
Ritchie
Garland
Biddle? GLover?
Wright?

If Biddle's 100%, I think he'll get the job, and then Glover will go into the Sean Lowe spot of being an all purpose guy. If Biddle's not quite there yet, Glover gets his spot.

But then again, who knows? I guess it'll all start to clear up over the next 6 weeks. Ohh, this such an exciting time of year.