PDA

View Full Version : Tigers look nice, but White Sox will repeat

Deuce
07-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Even if they split their remaining games, the Tigersí win total will reach 96, a number that has guaranteed playoff entrance in the history of the three-division/wildcard format. They lead the defending World Series champion Chicago White Sox by two games in American League Central, and their lead over the wild-card New York Yankees is eight games.

All this from a team that finished 20 games under .500 last year, and is only three seasons removed from an American League-most-ever 119-loss embarrassment. Winning the World Series? It just still seems like a stretch. And thatís why the forecast here is for a repeat by the White Sox.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13821593/

digdagdug23
07-13-2006, 04:19 PM
We seriously need an emoticon for sticking your finders in your ears and yellling loudly.

I am such a superstitious person, and when people start forecasting this far ahead, it seems a little premature.

NO ONE thought the Sox would win the series, let alone make it to the big show last year. The Tigers could very well end up being our achille's, and I for one, am not looking past any of the games leading up to the post-season.

It's nice that we finally have some of the media on our side, but honestly, I think I preferred flying under the radar.

Just me? Okay, going back into the basement now.

rdwj
07-13-2006, 04:20 PM
That's the reason they play the games - you really never know what can happen

ondafarm
07-13-2006, 05:02 PM
I received nothing but guffaws for suggesting during spring training that the Tigers would not be cellar dwellers this season. I also saw Cleveland in trouble because of their middle relief and their middle infield.

Now, I am still predicting: White Sox, Tigers, Twins, Indians, Royals.

SOXSINCE'70
07-13-2006, 05:51 PM
The White Sox will somehow find a way to win the division.

The Tigers will be the WC.

And that's all for now.