PDA

View Full Version : White Sox News *ESPY Spoilers*

SoxFan78
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Stop reading if you want to be surprised by the Eastcoast Sports Propaganda awards this Sunday night.

I was on espn.com, and they had a article on Ben Rothlisberger and his accident. Almost at the bottom of the page, I saw this.

The Steelers won the ESPY for best team, and Roethlisberger joined his teammates and coach Bill Cowher onstage to accept the award. It was his first public appearance since the accident.

Looks like we didnt pack the ballot box enough for our Sox. Oh well, I guess 88 years of no championships deserves a runner up to a Super Bowl Championship...

Here is the link in case you are intrested.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2517756

Domeshot17
07-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I expected as much, Football seems to always trump baseball, and the steelers are a top 10 popular team, all sports combined. Im really not upset by it. The real victory is we get to wear t shirts, see banners, hats, trophies, that say we are the champions of the baseball world.

SoxSpeed22
07-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Good for them, I think every team was deserving of it.

TDog
07-13-2006, 09:33 PM
I didn't know the Steelers were nominated. I'm too lazy to look on the Internet to check out how they did, but it couldn't have been bigger than what the White Sox did.

But I've never heard of the ESPYs either.

lumpyspun
07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
But I've never heard of the ESPYs either.
They are pretty cool...they are these things to wipe your ass with..That is what I would do with one if I ever got it.:cool:

nasox
07-13-2006, 10:22 PM
They are pretty cool...they are these things to wipe your ass with..That is what I would do with one if I ever got it.:cool:

Most meaningless, worst, stupidest award show ever.

RadioheadRocks
07-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Remember the Cable Ace Awards? I put the ESPYs on a par with those.

Soxfanspcu11
07-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Wait wait wait, are you saying that the Northwestern Women's Lacrosse team didn't win team of the year?!?!:o: What a farce!!!

P.S. Sorry if I offended anyone by this, but I just think that the coverage they recieved for doing whatever they did was a little much.

Heck, even Mike Wilbon said it was one of Chicago's top 20 best championships ever or something.:rolleyes:

sullythered
07-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Remember the Cable Ace Awards? I put the ESPYs on a par with those.
The Ace Awards were better because they honored cable shows before the Emmy's started to pay attention.

The ESPYs are just arbitrary and stupid.

DumpJerry
07-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Come on, the ESPYs are legit. After all, they nominated Ozzie for winning a World Series title in the first year he was managing the Sox.........

ESPN Producer:"Oh Those Sox! It was 2004, wasn't it?"