PDA

View Full Version : Give Blood & Win Sox Tickets

eriqjaffe
07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
Just as a heads up...

Tuesday, I went in for an appointment to donate blood at the LifeSource in Arlington Heights, and you can enter a drawing to win tickets to a Sox or Cubs game - obviously, I chose to enter the Sox drawing.

So...if you're in the mood to donate blood anyways, you might want to check it out. I'm not sure if it's just the Arlington Heights location that's doing it, or if it's all over the area - not that that should be the determining factor in whether you donate blood or not.

Oh, and don't let the fact that it's in a strip mall with a Trader Joe's discourage you. ;)

cheeses_h_rice
07-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Wait, you can win Cubs tickets, too?

That cinches it -- no blood donation for me.

DumpJerry
07-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Did they store your blood in a Trader Joe's bag?

jenn2080
07-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Did they store your blood in a Trader Joe's bag?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

LongLiveFisk
07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I'll have to look into that again. I applied on a LifeSource website to donate blood over a yr ago and no one ever got back to me. Sort of forgot about it until now!

Domeshot17
07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Is there somewhere I can give blood that is located next to a whole foods? I would hate to think me potentially saving a life would have any association with the cubs.

SOXPHILE
07-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Also, make sure that the nurse that takes your blood is NOT a Cub fan, and that they guarantee that your blood will not be given to a Cub fan.

eriqjaffe
07-13-2006, 03:56 PM
You never know, your blood could wind up being used in Kerry Wood's rotator cuff surgery!

cbrownson13
07-13-2006, 04:03 PM
I love how the effects from an earlier thread are no spilling into others. Kind of entertaining.

MDF3530
07-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Is there somewhere I can give blood that is located next to a whole foods? I would hate to think me potentially saving a life would have any association with the cubs.I don't know about anywhere else, but if you wanna go to the one by me on 95th St. in Oak Lawn, there ain't nothin' around there except maybe for Cold Stone Creamery, Webb Chevrolet and White Castle.

Domeshot17
07-13-2006, 06:57 PM
ha i know that area, my brother bought his blazer at that webb chevy, took 193843 hours because the guy who sold it to us wash servicing EVERYONE in the place, with 8 other salesmen just watching. not a fun night lol.

however, I do love me some coldstone

Johnny Mostil
07-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Also, make sure that the nurse that takes your blood is NOT a Cub fan, and that they guarantee that your blood will not be given to a Cub fan.

Of course it won't be--you can't mix blood types like that!:tongue:

bigfoot
07-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Of course it won't be--you can't mix blood types like that!:tongue:

You can't mix species like that!

nasox
07-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Does this apply to the one in Glenview on Milwaukee across the street from ABT?

JorgeFabregas
07-13-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't know how long the promotion lasts, but I do believe it's at all LifeSource blood centers. You also get a free Lifesource shirt.

RealMenWearBlack
07-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Is it bad that I don't give blood because they won't stop calling me? I've told them on multiple occasions to not call me and I finally told LifeSource that I was done with them because they kept harrassing me. I know they sometimes need blood more at certain times rather than others, but I'll go in when I ****ing want to. Is this on the same level as not going to Trader Joe's because they sponsor the Cubs. I'm considering going in for this contest, even if the odds of me winning aren't very good.