PDA

View Full Version : T-shirt vendors

brucefan34
07-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Just wondering if the Sox made a point of getting rid of those individual selling "no liscensed" Sox apparel out side the park. You know, the guys who had the "He Gone!" shirts and all the ones making fun of the Cubs? Anyone have any info? Are they still there and I have not seen them? I usually park in Lot A and don't walk around the whole outside of the park. Let me know, thanks

FielderJones
07-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Last time I was there they were west of the viaduct on 35th Street.

jenn2080
07-13-2006, 10:54 AM
nope see them every game cubs suck shirts and all!

daveeym
07-13-2006, 10:59 AM
They've also shooed away the peanut guys, at least coming from the red line.

salty99
07-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Still plenty of shirt and peanut guys by lot F

twsoxfan5
07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
There are plenty peanut guys by the green line and I usually stop at Grandstand before the game and there are still guys on then way there, but like someone else said they are more west than they used to be.

tacosalbarojas
07-13-2006, 12:30 PM
There are plenty peanut guys by the green line and I usually stop at Grandstand before the game and there are still guys on then way there, but like someone else said they are more west than they used to be.Can't stop free enterprise, you can only hope to contain it.

soxchick20
07-13-2006, 06:31 PM
they are all west of the tunnel near the hotdog stand on 35th and Normal.

Domeshot17
07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
actually, for the most part those guys are fine. They now have to buy a license that allows them to sell on the street during/before/after games. Thats why if you ever see a cop busting one of them, but not all, and some keep going, odds are that person didnt have the license.

nasox
07-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Why don't the Sox have stands in the parking lots selling food. I can just imagine a grilled onion and kosher dog stand wafting through the air. Would seem like a good idea to spread the concession stand sales through to the parking lot.

slobes
07-13-2006, 08:49 PM
I've seen a lot of them by Lot F as well. The Cubs Suck t shirts are horrible. Have t shirts that represent the team you love, not the team you love to .

C-Dawg
07-13-2006, 08:56 PM
I've seen a lot of them by Lot F as well. The Cubs Suck t shirts are horrible. Have t shirts that represent the team you love, not the team you love to .

I always figured those are the same vendors who are selling the anti-Sox stuff outside Wrigley Field when the other team in in town...

southwstchi4life
07-13-2006, 09:48 PM
There right after the brigde on 35th street

DumpJerry
07-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Why don't the Sox have stands in the parking lots selling food. I can just imagine a grilled onion and kosher dog stand wafting through the air. Would seem like a good idea to spread the concession stand sales through to the parking lot.
I'm sure if you offered someone a couple of cold ones, they'd grill up a dog and onions for ya......

The vendors vanished for a while outside Lot F, but have returned. They drive me crazy after the game gets out. The sidewalk is crowded with people leaving the game and then these stationary people are blocking the traffic flow.

Also, enough of The World's Largest Gay Bar. Wasn't funny when it first came out and now it's not funny and it's tired. Let's get more original.

StillMissOzzie
07-14-2006, 01:12 AM
I always figured those are the same vendors who are selling the anti-Sox stuff outside Wrigley Field when the other team is in town...

Undoubtedly. No team loyalty, just loyal to the almighty $.

I've been taking the Green Line lately, and I usually see them just east of the Dan Ryan. While I won't buy one, I gotta confess that I still chuckle at the "Hey Cub Fans!" shirt with the bird flipped, adorned with the Championship ring. Juvenile, yes, but " We likes the precious, yes we does..."

SMO
:gulp:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-14-2006, 01:35 AM
The only good I should say decent shirt they sell is the "Hey Cubs fans" with the middle finger. Only problem with that is I could care less about what cub fans think. :?:

hi im skot
07-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Also, enough of The World's Largest Gay Bar. Wasn't funny when it first came out and now it's not funny and it's tired. Let's get more original.

Thank you.

You gotta love resorting to using homosexuality as a put-down.

Blueprint1
07-14-2006, 11:08 AM
The only good I should say decent shirt they sell is the "Hey Cubs fans" with the middle finger. Only problem with that is I could care less about what cub fans think. :?:

I hate when I see people at the game with this on. There are kids at the game you know. I guess noone cares anymore.