Which guy? The Terrible One?

Daver
02-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Forgot the link DOH!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
02-14-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by daver
Just bluffing or what?

In light of stadium plan movement by the politicians in Minnesota, maybe Watkins knows the real opportunity isn't with the Twins, but the Expos.

In light of Selig's PerjuryFest on Capitol Hill, I suppose MLB might be more inclined to move a team to D.C. just to keep themselves safe from Congress for another century or so.

:gulp:

czalgosz
02-14-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

In light of stadium plan movement by the politicians in Minnesota, maybe Watkins knows the real opportunity isn't with the Twins, but the Expos.

In light of Selig's PerjuryFest on Capitol Hill, I suppose MLB might be more inclined to move a team to D.C. just to keep themselves safe from Congress for another century or so.

:gulp:

I'd rather they move a team to D.C. than to Vegas - there's so many things that are wrong with having a pro sports franchise in Nevada, it's not even funny.

Daver
02-14-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

I'd rather they move a team to D.C. than to Vegas - there's so many things that are wrong with having a pro sports franchise in Nevada, it's not even funny.

Las Vegas does however,have the population to build a good fan base,as well as not having a professional sports franchise ever,makes it an attractive market,and one that would most likely make a loyal fanbase.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

czalgosz
02-14-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by daver

Las Vegas does however,have the population to build a good fan base,as well as not having a professional sports franchise ever,makes it an attractive market,and one that would most likely make a loyal fanbase.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

The #1 problem in my book - almost all the money in Las Vegas is mob money.

Daver
02-14-2002, 08:44 PM

And an MLB team is the perfect way to launder money?

Spiff
02-14-2002, 08:44 PM

Isn't it the same way in Charlotte?

Daver
02-14-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

Isn't it the same way in Charlotte?

Most of the money in Charlotte comes from NASCAR.