PDA

View Full Version : Another team

Daver
02-14-2002, 06:56 PM
That wants to be known as the 'toons?

http://www.sunspot.net/sports/baseball/bal-orioles0212.story?coll=bal%2Dsports%2Dbaseball

czalgosz
02-14-2002, 07:06 PM
It looks kind of like the old smilin' cartoon bird they used to have on their hat.

What's with all the uniform changes this off-season?

Chisox_cali
02-14-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
It looks kind of like the old smilin' cartoon bird they used to have on their hat.

:reinsy
"That's it were going back to the shorts"

PaleHoseGeorge
02-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

I was thinking the same thing. The cartoon bird was pretty popular. I'm not sure why the Orioles ever ditched it in the first place.

As for uniform changes, nothing reinvigorates licensed merchandise sales like a new logo or uniform. It would be just like Angelos to make a small change to the uniform just to force all the dolts from Baltimore/D.C. to run out and buy the new look.

Daver
02-14-2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I was thinking the same thing. The cartoon bird was pretty popular. I'm not sure why the Orioles ever ditched it in the first place.

As for uniform changes, nothing reinvigorates licensed merchandise sales like a new logo or uniform. It would be just like Angelos to make a small change to the uniform just to force all the dolts from Baltimore/D.C. to run out and buy the new look.

You might be right,the Orioles sell less merchandise than the White Sox.

czalgosz
02-14-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by daver

You might be right,the Orioles sell less merchandise than the White Sox.

White Sox merchandise sells pretty well, considering the Sox's fan base. Of course, a lot of that is because of the colors, and because certain rappers have sported the Sox logo.