PDA

View Full Version : Please Post Your White Sox Second-Half Predicitions...

miker
07-12-2006, 01:12 PM
...other than taking over the Tigers, which is a given!

KMKsuburbannoise
07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
I think we will win the division, take out the yankees for the AL, and win the series, don't know who from the NL we will beat but doesn't matter

BadBobbyJenks
07-12-2006, 01:18 PM
I say we win over a 100, win the division, win either the cy young or mvp and repeat baby.

credefan24
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
I predict the Sox will return to the basics. Better bunting, moving the runner, and solid defense. Additionally, the starting pitching will tighten up, go deeper in the game, and throw less pitches. The bullpen will shore up with the return of Hermy, and the Sox will mow down the American League.

Lets go go White Sox. Chicago's proud of you!

Dan Mega
07-12-2006, 01:44 PM
-Sox will win division, ALCS, and World Series

-Thome finishes with over 50 homeruns

-PK and Dye each hit 40+ homeruns

-Politte gets his ERA under 5 :bandance:

Ol' No. 2
07-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Two teams are currently on pace to win 105 games. Only one will come close, and it's not the one in Detroit.

nasox
07-12-2006, 03:22 PM
I think we'll win some games. Lose some too, but win a lot more than we lose.

sox1970
07-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Kenny makes no major trades.
Buehrle, Garland, and Contreras lead the Sox to a playoff berth.

Vazquez and Garcia continue their seasons the way they are. Mostly bailed out by run support.
100 wins.
Thome cools off a little, and ends up with 48 homers.
Dye and Konerko both hit 40.
Brian Anderson bats .250 the rest of the season.
I hate to say it, but I need to see better starting pitching before I say the Sox are going to win the World Series. I'll hold off on playoff predictions until October 2.

MrRoboto83
07-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Sox will end up winning the division by 7 games or more. The Sox will win the ALDS over the Angels(they are only 2 games out), beat the Red Sox in the ALCS 4-2, and beat the LA Dodgers in the World Series.

Jose Contreras wins Cy Young

Tiger, Indian, Twin fans get more bitter towards Sox fans.

Britt Burns
07-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Sox finish first at 102-60, Detroit gets wild card at 99-63. Sox beat Oakland/Texas/Who the hell cares in the West in the ALDS, beat Boston in the 7th game of the ALCS when AJ is awarded first with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th on catcher's interference. Sox trash the Mets 4-1 in the World Series, SI front cover is of David Wright with the caption 'The Mets are Amazing (Again).'

Uncle_Patrick
07-12-2006, 03:49 PM
The White Sox win the World Series again. Red Sox fans will troll our message boards and post long messages on "Why The 2004 Red Sox were better than the 2006 White Sox."

Until the trade deadline, we will continue to be bombarded with fantasy trade ideas that involve Aaron Rowand returning to the White Sox.

The Chicago sports media will focus all their energy on the Bears starting in August.

The day before the playoffs start, Murph will start his show by saying "Ok, we've heard a lot of talk about the White Sox. Today, I want to focus on what can be done to fix the Cubs for 2007."

Timberwolf will return prior to our next series against Minnesota, posting a long rambling message at 5:30 am in which he will answer a question no one asked, call Chicago "She-ca-go", say that Kent Hrbek should have killed Hawk Harrelson, and ask how it feels to play dirty.

Ozzie will say something deemed "controversial".

AJ will be villianized for something ludicrous.

SoxSpeed22
07-12-2006, 04:02 PM
No major trades will happen.
Freddy Garcia becomes our second-half ace
Boston will replace Bucky ****in' Dent with Alex ****in' Cintron.

Hitmen77
07-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I have concerns about the Sox taking the division and going very far in the playoffs unless the starting pitching becomes more consistent. On paper, our rotation should be lights-out and, combined with our offense, this should be a lethal combination for any opponent.

However, our pitching as been inconsistent this season to the point where we have question marks about all 5 starters.
MB: not as sharp of late, ERA now over 4.00. What happened to the guy that used to pretty much automatically put in a 2 hour, 8 inning effort?
JC: Except against the O's, not quite the same since his DL stint.
FG: Inconsistent. Looks awful for a stretch, then looked much improved, now regressing again.
JG: Looked pretty bad early on. Back to being prone to big innings. Actually the one starter who has shown improvement of late.
JV: Looked great for the first month or so, but has looked terrible of late. Relying on 9 runs from offense to win games. Can't expect that offensive support to continue. Which Javier will show up for the 2nd half?
All starters: High pitch counts. Consistently worn out by 5th or 6th inning. Putting too much pressure on bullpen to preserve leads.

Yes, I know our record this year is just about the same as last year. But last year we had alot fewer pitching concerns.

My prediction is that we're not going win anything in '06 by relying on the offense to carry us. I'd love to just say the Sox will win 105 games, trounce Detroit and march towards a showdown with the Mets. But I don't see that happening unless our pitching gets its **** together.

palehozenychicty
07-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Overtake the Tiggers for the division. After that, who knows?

TheOldRoman
07-12-2006, 05:22 PM
From this point out, we will outplay the Tigers by 10+ games. The Tigers will finish behind the Twins.

Kenny will spread rumors he is going after a huge name, and end up making a deal nobody saw coming... it will end up helping us greatly in the end.

Chips
07-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Finish in fourth place behind the surging Twins and Indians. Joe Crede will go on the DL and we will sink into a pit of despair.

Chips
07-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Finish in fourth place behind the surging Twins and Indians. Joe Crede will go on the DL and we will sink into a pit of despair.
:tealpolice:

We're gonna win the ****ing World Series.

slobes
07-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Tigers do not even win the WC.
We win division by at least 8 games.
We win 100+ games.
Dye for AL MVP
Sox win WS in no more than 5 games.
Bobby gets 50 saves.

MarySwiss
07-12-2006, 05:57 PM
OF COURSE, we win it all.

Sorry, Kittens, but you don't even get the WC. Boston does, with Toronto winning the division.

We do another beatdown on Boston while Toronto knocks off whoever in the West--probably LA.

We take out Toronto in five (nice round number). :smile:

We beat whoever-the-hell in the WS in four straight.

I collect my second straight four-figure bet.

Oh, and here's one that's really out on a limb--Cubs do not make the playoffs! :D:

batmanZoSo
07-12-2006, 06:28 PM
The only thing that matters--I say 48-28 for a cool 105 wins, setting a franchise record. Why would I predict anything less? I think Detroit will see October. Although in a funny way I can also see them completely falling off the map and another team in the division catching fire and being right there with us. Most likely, I'd say Detroit will be there until the end. If they're not, however, for some reason I could see it being by a long shot. It'll come down to the last series or it'll be in the books in early September.

chisoxmike
07-12-2006, 07:03 PM
It will be interesting.

For anyone that thinks the Tigers arn't for real...THEY ARE. Everything people are saying about the Tigers this year is what people said about the Sox last year. "Their pitching staff can't keep it up." "They will fade when they have to play 'good' teams."

The Sox have never played catch up very well.

In 2000 and 2005 they led the AL Central most of the season and never had to play "catch the leader"

In 2002-2004 the Sox hung around until they would match up against the Twins only to get swept to end all hopes.

I'm hoping 2006 will be different when we go head to head against the Tigers.

GO SOX!

MarySwiss
07-12-2006, 07:06 PM
It will be interesting.

For anyone that thinks the Tigers arn't for real...THEY ARE. Everything people are saying about the Tigers this year is what people said about the Sox last year. "Their pitching staff can't keep it up." "They will fade when they have to play 'good' teams."

The Sox have never played catch up very well.

In 2000 and 2005 they led the AL Central most of the season and never had to play "catch the leader"

In 2002-2004 the Sox hung around until they would match up against the Twins only to get swept to end all hopes.

I'm hoping 2006 will be different when we go head to head against the Tigers.

GO SOX!

Good points, Mike. Except the 2005 Sox never had to play against the 2005 Sox-or against a resurgent Twins team. And the 2006 Tigers have not opened up the lead the 2005 Sox did. So I'm liking our chances.

Go Sox!

Zisk77
07-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Kenny trades some prospects NOT McCarthy or B. A. for a rental CF (or maybe Figgins who can play everywhere) to mentor B.A. our future Cf. He also adds strength to the bullpen. We win the Central by winning over 100 games. Then we beat the Halos in 3 While the tiggers outlast the Bosox in 5. Then we beat the Tiggers in 6. Then we beat the mets in 5. (Pedro beats us once and gets a ND in the other game. Crede WS MVP

Dye MVP
Verlander ROY
Contrares Cy Young
Papelbon Rolaids Relief man o year
Ichiro edges Mauer for Batting Title
Manny just being Manny asks to be traded at some point during the year and or misses a game for diahrea.
The lemmings vote chavez a gold glove over Joe:angry:

Chips
07-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Kenny trades some prospects NOT McCarthy or B. A. for a rental CF (or maybe Figgins who can play everywhere) to mentor B.A. our future Cf. He also adds strength to the bullpen. We win the Central by winning over 100 games. Then we beat the Halos in 3 While the tiggers outlast the Bosox in 5. Then we beat the Tiggers in 6. Then we beat the mets in 5. (Pedro beats us once and gets a ND in the other game. Crede WS MVP

KW will not rent a player.

ondafarm
07-12-2006, 08:45 PM
If the Sox make a deal it is for Chone Figgins who will take over significant lead-off duties from Pods.

Deuce
07-12-2006, 08:47 PM
I predict that the day after the White Sox win their 100th game this season, BatmanZoso's head will pound harder than IronFisk's cowbell.

I also predict that the White Sox will celebrate winning the ALCS in Detroit.

Jermaine Dye will be the AL's MVP.

Book it.

soxwon
07-12-2006, 09:16 PM
So everyone here, is absolutely POSITIVE we will win the Division Right?
No one thinks its remotely possible, we finnish second?

SoxandtheCityTee
07-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Sox finish 101-61.

For the first time since the divisional split, two teams from the AL Central make the playoffs. ESPN holds a crisis management retreat and announces that all of the starters on the AL East team that missed the playoffs are being hired on as commentators for the 2006 postseason. To allow for the extra talking heads, the BBTN desk is rebuilt to three tiers, a la Hollywood Squares.

The Sox beat the AL East winner, the Tigers beat the AL West winner, and a mass suicide at Bristol is averted when an intern informs the brass that Detroit is, in fact, in the Eastern time zone.

Sox win the ALCS and face the Mets in the World Series. The Cubune runs a series on each game day simulating what the games would be like if it were the "right" New York-Chicago Series instead of the wrong one.

I have another fabulous birthday (I was born on October 26).

JB98
07-12-2006, 09:24 PM

Oh sure, it's a possibility. Detroit is very good. I just think we're better, and that will show in the remaining head-to-head matchups. I think we'll go 46-28 the rest of the way and finish 103-59. Tigers finish between 95 and 100 wins and take the wild card.

PAPChiSox729
07-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Sox roll to a solid 103 wins and division title, while the Detroit Tigers manage 98 wins and the Wild Card (I don't think the time is right for playoff predictions). Thome falls just short of 60 homers and ends with 58. Dye and Konerko both eclipse the 40/110 mark. Contreras' streak ends at 20 straight wins; he finishes 18-2. Buehrle, Garcia, and Garland all get it together and get to 15 wins each. Bobby gets 47 saves, while Thorton's ERA drops to the low 2.00's. Oh yeah, and Javy throws a 2-hitter somewhere in between... I think that just about covers it!
:cool:

Grzegorz
07-12-2006, 09:33 PM

I believe it is probable that we finish second. The key will be how well the starting pitching holds up. Though I love our offense, pitching and defense win games. If Beurhle and Garcia struggle as they have lately, second place is probably where the White Sox end up.

I can't see the White Sox missing the playoffs.

Pitching; it either takes us through the series or lets us down in the ALCS.

So lets stop talking about Andruw Jones and Miguel Tejada and start talking about shoring up our pitching staff. Maybe a deal involving Garcia or Vasquez for a middle reliever and a defensive outfielder who can play CF. Move BMac into the rotation add a tight pennant race and wha-lah you have the makings of a World Series Champion.

FoulTerritory
07-12-2006, 10:52 PM
From the looks of things, I think it may take a bit for the sox starting pitching to hit their stride. So I predict we get the wild card. But I still think we take the WS title, as the sp starts heating up in september, and carries into the playoffs.

chisoxfanatic
07-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Scott Podsednik -- SB Champ
Jim Thome -- HR champ
Sox -- Repeat as divisional champs

Hitmen77
07-12-2006, 11:03 PM

You obviously didn't read my post.

Starting pitching will be our downfall unless our staff can pitch better than they have for the past month and a half.

A. Cavatica
07-12-2006, 11:06 PM
I predict the Sox will begin the second half of the season with an 8-1 loss, followed by 13-0, 4-2, and 11-8 wins, then losses by scores of 7-2 and 9-6, and finally a 6-5 win. In other words, 4-3 over the first 7 games of the second half, to run their record to 57-31.

Is that specific enough for you?

East on Ashland
07-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Lots of games left against the Motor City Kitty and the WCCWS have played them well. (Strikes me as the same experience Sox fans had when the Sox could never beat Dave Stewart's A's back in the 1990's). Given the remaining schedule, I like the WCCWS' chances of winning the division. I think the AL Central will send two to the playoffs. After that, ask me in October.

WCCWS are very talented and there are several great seasons being had on the Southside. J. Dye is having an MVP year, Thome has been an offensive monster. Crede is a gold glover and Konerko is consistent as ever. In fact right now the WCCWS 3-4-5 hitters are the best in the game.

There are some concerns - Buerhle needs to get back on track and soon. Garcia needs to get consistent as does Vasquez. Contreras and Garland look OK. I hope the ASG rest gets the pitchers, Iguchi and any other banged up players rested and ready to go.

KW may need to look for some BP help as Politte may be finished, although I was happy to see him close out the 19 inning affair without any drama. That could help him get his confidence back.

I expect a trade or possibly a series of them - to get relief pitching and/or defensive help.

Mohoney
07-12-2006, 11:41 PM
I'll go with a 48-26 record to get to my preseason prediction of 105 wins.

They're still practically right on pace.

StatHead21
07-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Hitting cools of a bit, pitching heats up a bit.

Sox win division

TWINS win the wild card (going out on a limb)

A's win the west

BoSox win the east

Yankees play golf in October

NL forfiets the WS title to the AL in fear of more embarrassment

Santana and Lirriano proceed to scare the hell out of me.

Deuce
07-13-2006, 07:55 AM
:welcome: East on Ashland to WSI!

soxfanatlanta
07-13-2006, 08:20 AM
(Since I predicted that they would turn a triple play at the start of the season...)

Paul Konerko will hit into a triple play, and a homer in the same game.

Baby Fisk
07-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Having made no moves, KW will pull an odd little deal on the day of the trading deadline for a seemingly inconsequential player. The deal will cost the Sox little in return. We don't know his name yet, but at a dark moment, that player will save the Sox from near-disaster and become a Sox Legend.

Zisk77
07-13-2006, 10:34 AM
KW will not rent a player.

He will if the trade is for a CF and B.A. is not part of the trade. Just like he traded for Jurassic Carl the first time. Carl was rented for the playoff run that died in the twinkiedome. The next year A. Row was full time Cf. This could happen again with Juan pierre (doubt cubs help us), Torrii Hunter (too expensive), Mike Cameron, etc.

GoSox2K3
07-14-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm going to follow the format of the evaluate the first half thread:

Pitching Starting pitching will continue to struggle. Garland will have a decent 2nd half. Jose will be fine. But MB and FG will continue to struggle with "tired arms". JV will dazzle us for a month and then totally stink for another month - more of the same up and down with him. The bullpen will be much improved. KW will somehow find our 6th man for the pen. However, they'll still suffer under the strain of starters who can only go 5 innings.

Defense This will improve over the 1st half. BA getting more starts will help. Plus, we can get Crede to be not so banged-up, then he'll improve and dazzle us with game saving plays once again. Not that he's been bad, but I think he's been unable to get alot of line shots lately that used to be outs but are now doubles.

Hitting Sox hitting will be SOLID. The big 3 will continue to steamroll through AL pitching. Crede and AJ will continue with a great offensive season. Iguchi will end up hitting around .280. BA will pleasantly surprise alot of Sox fans. Uribe will continue to be his streaky self. Totally on fire for a few weeks and then nothing but K's for another few weeks. Pods will be up and down too.

Intangibles The Sox, despite pitching concerns, are still a solid club. The one thing about them is that they know how to win. Even the All-Star game had a White Sox-type finish. This team definately has the talent/toughness for a playoff berth.

Railsplitter
07-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Club record of wins, take division, go to the Series, become first team other than the Yankees to sweep the Series twice in a row.

salty99
07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
I predict we win the division and take out whoever wins the West in the first round.
I predict we win the World Series
I predict we trade either Garcia or Vazquez for relief pitching/center fielder.

Depaul
07-14-2006, 09:52 AM
The White Sox will not win the division but it won't matter, they'll still end up with baseball's second best record, 100 wins, sweep the Red Sox out of the playoffs, then beat the tigers off an Walk-off by Alex Cintron in game seven of the ALCS and then sweep whatever clowns come of the NL in the world series.

0o0o0
07-14-2006, 10:02 AM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/lucanos/8ball/8Ball_1.gif