PDA

View Full Version : So who wins the West?

PAPChiSox729
07-12-2006, 11:50 AM
All four AL West teams are within 2.5 games of first place, while all five NL West teams are within 5 of first. Who do you guys think will come out on top in the western divisions?

RKMeibalane
07-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Oakland and Los Angeles.

soxfan13
07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Still sticking with the Rangers

thomas35forever
07-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Texas.

skottyj242
07-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Anaheim and San Diego.

DieTrying79
07-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Oakland and the Dodgers.

sox1970
07-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Angels will win that division. They'll get Soriano in a trade and they'll take off.

Zisk77
07-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Since they failed to bury the Angels when they had a chance, I'll say the angels make some big trades and win it and are then again a danger to win it all. Soriano? Tejada? Wilson? Abreu?

buehrle4cy05
07-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Angels in the AL and Dodgers in the NL. Both will get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

russ99
07-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Oakland. The Angels are in shambles. Tex & Sea are gonna have to prove it to me.

In the NL: Gotta go with the Padres. Best pitching, and ya know Nomar is gonna break down sometime.

TDog
07-12-2006, 05:07 PM
I passionately hate the A's and hope they lose the rest of their games. That isn't going to happen, but I would like to see Seattle win the West. After last October's whining, the Angels deserve not to win this year. Living in Dallas for two years taught me to hate the entire state of Texas.

Apparently the National League also has a Western Division, but I haven't paid attention to it in years.

Ol' No. 2
07-12-2006, 05:19 PM
It will be a four-way tie. In order to avoid delaying the playoffs, Bud Selig will decree that the all the tiebreaker games will be played on October 2. At Fox' insistance, all games will be shortened to three innings and played in the same location so they can all be sqeezed into prime time.

Chisox003
07-12-2006, 05:45 PM
I thought the A's would run away with this thing, but now that they haven't, the Angels have hung around and have a great shot.

With a healthy Colon, their rotation is awesome - Lackey, Bartolo, Weaver, Santana, Escobar.

That said, Harden is still hurt for the A's, plus they got a couple arms in the pen still on the DL. Chavez, Crosby, Kotsay, Ellis, Johnson and Big Frank are all struggling (Look at those batting averages!) And in the last month Swisher is hitting like .185.

I think it's going to be a good race down the stretch in the West, but if the Angels do indeed get Soriano, I expect them to win it.

slobes
07-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I'll bet the Angels get Soriano and win the West. As for NL, I've kind of lost interest in that division. I'll say DBacks.

QCIASOXFAN
07-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Rangers and Padres

Jjav829
07-12-2006, 05:54 PM
The Dodgers in the NL. They have a nice thing going there with a good combination of veterans and young players.

In the AL, I think it's going to be another season where the division is decided in the last few days between the Angels and A's. The two teams play each other on the final weekend of the regular season. Those four games could be extremely intense and ultimately decide the division.

Tragg
07-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Texas in the AL

Probably SD in the NL, but maybe the dodgers.

Chips
07-12-2006, 11:09 PM
I'll say Seattle and Colorado.

lumpyspun
07-12-2006, 11:55 PM
If the m's could possibly repeat their June record they would give it a good shot. It would sure make my life out here more enjoyable if they were in a pennant chase...

goofymsfan
07-13-2006, 12:15 AM
If the m's could possibly repeat their June record they would give it a good shot. It would sure make my life out here more enjoyable if they were in a pennant chase...

The next few weeks are going to be very important for the M's as they will be playing the Jays, BoSox, and Yankees. If they are going to have any chance of making the playoffs they will need to win against these teams. Our pitching has been better as of late with the exception of Joel, but our offense has been very inconsistant. The bullpen is looking stronger in the late innings, but the middle relief has been having it's problems.

I'd like to say Seattle will make the playoffs, but I'm more inclined to think that it will be Texas or the Angels.

Mohoney
07-13-2006, 12:20 AM
I'll take the Rangers and Dodgers, with the Padres also winning the NL Wild Card.

Yup. 37.5% of baseball's playoff showcase will emerge from this glut of mediocrity.

areilly
07-13-2006, 12:27 AM
The M's are my second-favorite team (because they play in my second-favorite city), so I'll root for them...

...even though I'm pretty sure Billy Beane's Moneyball 4.0 team is setting itself for a nice run towards first-round elimination

NL West: Dodgers

And let it be known from this day forward: If either of these divisions produces a wild-card team this year, I will officially lose what little hope I have left in organized sports.

07-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Hopefully 2 California teams so my chances of attending a White Sox road playoff game are higher.:D:

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Jered Weaver is a ****ing stud. Gotta go with the angels. As for the NL, probably the Dodgers. Frisco doesnt have enough pitching besides Jason Jacob Jungleheimer Schmit, and the D-backs haven't proven anything to me yet. I don't even know about the Fathers.

BNLSox
07-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Man the angels have been awful and are still in the thick of it. I think if Texas wanted this thing they would have taken off with it. Honestly whoever makes the upgrade trade the division is theirs. Perhaps Seattle will take this opportunity... but me thinks Anaheim will attack with money.

The only team I feel comfortable counting out in the NL West is Arizona. With all the scandal they just haven't been as sharp. While the Dodgers seem pretty popular I worry about their youth movement and also their overproduction from vets. I really have no pick...Shame Minnesota and Cleveland can't take these wasted playoff spots.

illini81887
07-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Mariners and Rockies