PDA

View Full Version : My rant

CerberusWG
07-29-2001, 07:20 PM
This is about ESPN. I'm so ****ing sick of these brown nosers who think Boston and NY are the only teams in Baseball. Hey look lets talk about how great the BoSox are, hey look a Boston fan tripped and fell, stop the presses! Yes, I think that Nomar coming back is a big story, but tell me this, if we were in 1st place, and Thomas came back, would we be first on the highlights? Hell no, because we will always be shadowed by the lovable Cubbies with their yuppie scum fans. There's a homer by Big Mac, oh and look a bum with no shirt on, and a big message to Sammy on his stomach throws back the ball! WHO THE **** CARES!? here's a question for the Cub fans: If McGwire hit 62 at Wrigley and you caught it, would you throw it back? Losers, get a job, and a life while you are at it.
Face it, the only way we will ever be first on any "major" sports networks is if we can find a guy who is a diehard Sox fan and he commentates. Or if we make the World Series, or playoffs. But until then we will be buried behind Sammy struggling with his English, Barry Bonds watching his home runs go, Carl Everret b!tching about Jimy Williams, then assaulting an umpire, and of course, Peter Gammons spilling the details of rumors he always gets. Hey Peter what's your source? I think that he gets all these brilliant rumors from a local bum who is sitting out behind Fenway with a Nomar and Pedro T-Shirt on.

I'm done.

Daver
07-29-2001, 07:27 PM
Don't hold back,say what you really feel.

Spiff
07-29-2001, 09:39 PM
Over the years I've noticed that the Sportscenter anchors that don't talk about the Sox like they're the black sheep of baseball are Rich Eisen, Rece Davis, and John Anderson.

Jerry_Manuel
07-29-2001, 09:53 PM
ESPN thinks that their viewers only care about the east coast teams. So they cater to them.

Bucktown
07-29-2001, 10:31 PM
I remember when there was just 4 channels. I still look at ESPN as a gift from God, even if they don't give my teams their props.

Tragg
07-29-2001, 10:34 PM
Stewart Scott grew up a Sox fan. Don't know whether he acts like it on the air or not. But he once was one of us.

ma-gaga
07-30-2001, 10:58 AM
i must agree. i don't know what kind of demographics SC is looking at, but all the midwest teams seem to get shafted. It seems like everyother game they show is Arizona vs San Francisco, or Boston vs NY. Are there any other teams?

Chisox353014
07-30-2001, 12:23 PM
I've grown to accept the east-coast bias and the rampant star-f'ing that they do on a nightly basis. What bothers me the most about ESPN though is the anchor people. I have trouble sitting through a full Sportscenter these days because the hosts are so busy being "personalities" with zany catchphrases that they hardly bother with actually describing the highlights anymore. It annoys me that ESPN has marketed their talent so aggressively that they are as famous in some cases as the athletes. I mean, people know Stuart Scott and his inane pseudo-hip-hop schtick (if I hear him use the word boo-yaa! one more time while describing a hockey highlight I'm going postal) but they don't know who Carlos Lee is. That sucks. The host who actually delivers the news in a straight-forward, informative manner (Bob Ley, Chris Fowler) is now the exception rather than the norm there. Chris "can you hear me or should I shout LOUDER!?!" Berman, Stuart "mad lyrical skiz-ills" Scott, Dan "I'm phoning in another performance" Patrick, Kenny "I'm way too cool to be doing this" Mayne, and of course Dicky "my lips are permanently attached to Duke's rear-end" Vitale all make my stomach turn. And that's just to name a few. The only "wacky" guy I actually don't mind is Lee Corso, but that's likely because he is balanced out by the knowledgable Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit. The only thing I can stomach on ESPN is college football Saturdays. Otherwise, I've pretty much stopped watching.

Iguana775
07-30-2001, 02:10 PM
i seriously doubt if we won a series, we'd get any respect. unless we go on a roll like the bulls did, i dont think we will every see espn say anything good about the sox on a consistant basis.