PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* White Sox win All Star Game

nasox
07-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Paule for MVP!!!!!

:winner

End teal.

Nice win, great game, What the hell was Garner thinking, not putting in Rolen and Jones for defensive reasons?

cheeses_h_rice
07-11-2006, 10:23 PM
It would only have been sweeter if Paulie got that hit off Zambrano...but I'll take it.

Guess I'll make my reservations for Puffer's for Game 4 of the WS now...

:cool:

p.s. no Zambrano appearance, either. Such a shame!

:gulp:

batmanZoSo
07-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Paule for MVP!!!!!

:winner

End teal.

Nice win, great game, What the hell was Garner thinking, not putting in Rolen and Jones for defensive reasons?

Garner sucks, that's why.

*postgame interview*

Boy, Phil, first years of losing to the White Sox as Milwaukee and Detroit manager, then a sweep in the '05 World Series and now this...You just can't seem to win when there's a black and white cap in the other dugout. What are your thoughts?

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/hou/photo/ph_mugshot_garner.jpg
:angry: *head explodes*

MrRoboto83
07-11-2006, 10:38 PM
It would only have been sweeter if Paulie got that hit off Zambrano...but I'll take it.

Guess I'll make my reservations for Puffer's for Game 4 of the WS now...

:cool:

p.s. no Zambrano appearance, either. Such a shame!

:gulp:

Check out "What's the score" for the answer to why.

Soxfanspcu11
07-11-2006, 10:48 PM

*postgame interview*

Boy, Phil, first years of losing to the White Sox as Milwaukee and Detroit manager, then a sweep in the '05 World Series and now this...You just can't seem to win when there's a black and white cap in the other dugout. What are your thoughts?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That's BRILLIANT!!!

:gulp: to you!!!

I almost fell out of my chair reading this!!! :bandance:

esbrechtel
07-11-2006, 10:48 PM
did paulie have more hits than the yankees and red sox combined?....i think he did....not one of those runs for the AL was scored by or hit in by and yanks or red sox....great job voting fans! if it werent for ozzie the AL would have lost

LuzinskiFan
07-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Mark it on your calendars - Saturday October 21st New York Mets at Chicago White Sox game 1 of the 2006 World Series!

jenn2080
07-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Maybe the Red Sox and Yanks came down with the flu

BNLSox
07-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Mark it on your calendars - Saturday October 21st New York Mets at Chicago White Sox game 1 of the 2006 World Series!

Mets have a lot of work to do before they book those tickets to chicago. Remember last year with the Indians charging... get ready for the braves and phillies to come at them.... plus im not confident in their pitching whatsoever... but this is a whole other issue all together :redneck

moral of the story, my cousin is getting married on october 22nd and i am not happy about it

qpropaganda
07-11-2006, 10:56 PM
am I going crazy or did I see Ozzie Jr. wearing AJ's jersey in the dugout during the 9th inning rally?

nasox
07-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Mets have a lot of work to do before they book those tickets to chicago. Remember last year with the Indians charging... get ready for the braves and phillies to come at them.... plus im not confident in their pitching whatsoever... but this is a whole other issue all together :redneck

moral of the story, my cousin is getting married on october 22nd and i am not happy about it

We have a lot of ****ing work to do before we buy World Series tickets. We aren't even in first place at the break. So hold on to your horses there.

esbrechtel
07-11-2006, 11:04 PM
am I going crazy or did I see Ozzie Jr. wearing AJ's jersey in the dugout during the 9th inning rally?

you are not crazy...i saw the jersey and was like did AJ lose weight that sure doesnt look like him? then i realized that no thats ozzie jr....

batmanZoSo
07-11-2006, 11:09 PM
We have a lot of ****ing work to do before we buy World Series tickets. We aren't even in first place at the break. So hold on to your horses there.

True. For one, the Red Sox are clearly a far better team than they were last year, so as of right now the road figures to be tougher. We got a great chance regardless, though, and if we can get 4 starters to pitch like our four in '05 by the end, this team is gonna be mighty tough to beat.

If we do win the pennant again I say bring on just-over-.500 San Diego. They're always good for a sound spanking in the World Series.

QCIASOXFAN
07-11-2006, 11:09 PM

moral of the story, my cousin is getting married on october 22nd and i am not happy about it No way are the Braves or Phillies going to catch the Mets. If one of those teams even makes the wildcard it will be a damn miracle.

IJay22
07-12-2006, 02:28 AM

Thats my pick as well for the World Series, I'm glad I'm not the only one drinking the kool-aid lol :bandance: . Another sweep for the Sox

StockdaleForVeep
07-12-2006, 02:54 AM
DAMMIT, LOOKS like the sox wont be sweeping at home this year....

teal or not i dont know........i can see another sweep, against the brewers i do hope :)

TDog
07-12-2006, 04:21 AM
I was working tonight. I saw the story about the game, though. Two out, no one on, Konerko hitting. A single, double and triple, and the AL has the lead before turning it over to the closer.

Darned if that didn't look just like a White Sox win.

Chips
07-12-2006, 06:39 AM
The National League has nothing on us.

1951Campbell
07-12-2006, 07:11 AM

*postgame interview*

If you're a stool, watch out.

LuvSox
07-12-2006, 07:47 AM
That Garner interview during the game was just awful.

MsSoxVixen22
07-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Maybe the Red Sox and Yanks came down with the flu

Yeah and they're just highly overrrated, as we all knew they were! :D: It never fails-they put in Sox players and they string some hits together to win the game. Anyone else get a chuckle when they were talking to Ozzie, and when he was asked if he had any signs and Ozzie replied just Bunt and Run, along with motions. LMAO! God, I love Ozzie!

Sxy Mofo
07-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Ozzie rules.

1. AL wins
2. 7 white sox all stars, only 3 play (getting them all star recognition, yet giving them a break anyway), 1 for a pinch hit, 1 with 1 at bat, and 1 saves the game.

He's a genius.

Baby Fisk
07-12-2006, 09:48 AM
It will be the Houston Astros again.

batmanZoSo
07-12-2006, 09:58 AM
It will be the Houston Astros again.
Garner's spontaneous head-explosion last night is going to be viewed as the event that catapulted them. Book it.

2006 Astros
"This one's for Phil."

Baby Fisk
07-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Garner's spontaneous head-explosion last night is going to be viewed as the event that catapulted them. Book it.

2006 Astros
"This one's for Phil."
He's living the baseball equivalent of "Groundhog Day".

Babe... I got you babe... I got you babe...

*head explodes again*

Lip Man 1
07-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Ozzie seemed to have a good time and the players seemed to have good things to say about him.

Down the road that could be extremely important if a player is asked to wave a 'no trade' clause to come to the Sox or from a free agent signing standpoint.

Lip

batmanZoSo
07-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Ozzie seemed to have a good time and the players seemed to have good things to say about him.

Down the road that could be extremely important if a player is asked to wave a 'no trade' clause to come to the Sox or from a free agent signing standpoint.

Lip

If any player thinks there's a better team to play for, I wish him the best.

Lip Man 1
07-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Batman:

In many cases money talks.

Lip

miker
07-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I was working tonight. I saw the story about the game, though. Two out, no one on, Konerko hitting. A single, double and triple, and the AL has the lead before turning it over to the closer.

Darned if that didn't look just like a White Sox win.
Good call. I had the same thought too! Plus wasn't the entire infield out of position, other than the shortstop?

Vernam
07-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Ozzie seemed to have a good time and the players seemed to have good things to say about him. You could really tell they were having fun in that AL dugout. Not that the NL guys looked tight, but the AL looked like an actual team. Kind of how the NL stars were in the 70s when they pwned us.

During the in-game interview, Garner came across as a git. I give him points for having Chuck Tanner with him in the dugout, though.

Congrats to Ozzie and the boys for winning the game and surviving the media blitz . . .

Vernam

MRM
07-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Good call. I had the same thought too! Plus wasn't the entire infield out of position, other than the shortstop?

Yep. That's what cost the NL the game. Why on earth is the 3B guarding the line with two outs and nobody on? That was a little league mistake. If he was positioned correctly, Paulie would have been the 3rd out.