PDA

View Full Version : How were the Sox received?

paciorek1983
07-11-2006, 07:27 PM
I missed the introductions to the all Star game. How did the crowd react to our guys?

itsnotrequired
07-11-2006, 07:28 PM
I missed the introductions to the all Star game. How did the crowd react to our guys?

Ho hum. No loud cheers but no loud boos either.

NonetheLoaiza
07-11-2006, 07:29 PM
AJ got a slight jeer from the crowd, but you could hear him say something along the lines of, 'That's it? That wasn't so bad'. Everyone else got cheered. Nothing overwhelming.

UofCSoxFan
07-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Polite cheering for everyone besides AJ and Ozzie who both were met by mixed cheers and boos. AJ said on mike to Konerko "It wasn't that bad" referring to the boos. Part of me wishes he'd stop assuming everyone is against him...he did get voted in by the fans.

Ozzie received some boos too...suprising but after all Jay Mariotti is from Pittsburgh isn't he.

CaptainBallz
07-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Part of me wishes he'd stop assuming everyone is against him...he did get voted in by the fans.

Uhhhh, yeah. Sox fans.

UofCSoxFan
07-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Somehow I doubt It was only Sox fans voting for him. Even if it was, how was my statement incorrect? The fans voted him in...which means the fans like him at least to some respect. Yes, Cubs, Giants, and AL Central rivals fans probably don't like him...I doubt many other people (ie Pirates fans) really care one way or the other.

caulfield12
07-11-2006, 08:30 PM
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette writer had a couple of columns ripping Ozzie in the middle of the *** comment controversy...that probably didn't help much.

PH13 edit: C'mon caulfield. You know the language filter rule...

MrRoboto83
07-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Sounded like to me that Thome got the loudest cheers out of all the Sox.

oeo
07-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Somehow I doubt It was only Sox fans voting for him. Even if it was, how was my statement incorrect? The fans voted him in...which means the fans like him at least to some respect. Yes, Cubs, Giants, and AL Central rivals fans probably don't like him...I doubt many other people (ie Pirates fans) really care one way or the other.

No one likes AJ. I hated him when he was on the Twins...and I don't think there was much help from any other fanbases. Go to other teams' boards and you'll see that they were pissed that AJ got in.

nasox
07-11-2006, 11:17 PM
No one likes AJ. I hated him when he was on the Twins...and I don't think there was much help from any other fanbases. Go to other teams' boards and you'll see that they were pissed that AJ got in.

Yup. He's the type of player you root the hell for if he's on your team, but boo the hell if he isn't.

TheDarkGundam
07-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Yup. He's the type of player you root the hell for if he's on your team, but boo the hell if he isn't.
As Ozzie said, "AJ's the kind of guy who, when he doesn't play for you, you hate him, and when he does, you hate him a little less."

DickAllen72
07-12-2006, 12:07 AM
I always liked A.J.

When he was on the Twins, I used to wish the Sox had a guy like him.

Xx i am error xX
07-12-2006, 12:09 AM
I think I heard some boos for Jeter, too. That might have been my imagination though...

fusillirob1983
07-12-2006, 12:24 AM
I definitely don't think I imagined A-Rod getting booed. I guess this is getting way off topic.

RealMenWearBlack
07-12-2006, 12:33 AM
I hated Pierzynski when he was on the Twins, but not nearly as much as I hated Mientkiewicz. He didn't seem like an ******* to me (like some other fans think of him now), but he was a great, hard-nosed guy playing for a rival.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Nobody from the AL was received well during the game.

sox420fan
07-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Nobody from the AL was received well during the game.

Seeing that it was played in a NL field and the NL sucks, they have to hate someone else than themselves.

GregoryEtc
07-12-2006, 12:09 PM
I would say that the crowd seemed quiet pretty much all game. I suppose thats what you get when you give all the tickets to corporate types who don't even care about baseball.

kruzer31
07-12-2006, 04:02 PM

You can go to the MLB website and go to all star rewind, click that and there is a video you can click to watch the full introductions

Kruze