PDA

View Full Version : El Duque a White Sox?

Jjav829
02-14-2002, 04:04 PM
The New York Post reports the White Sox almost traded right-hander Kip Wells and outfielder Jeff Liefer to the Yankees for Orlando Hernandez. The White Sox have since made another offer but the Yankees are playing the waiting game. "I'm waiting for someone to make the decision for me by making me an offer I can't refuse," GM Brian Cashman said.

Uh oh! Im scared.

:KW

Yes Mr. Cashman. I said I will give you this Jon Rauch guy for your up and coming ace Orlando Hernandez. You said hes only 26 right?

Jjav829
02-14-2002, 04:05 PM
Hmm found this too

The San Francisco Chronicle reports the Giants are another team that has shown interest in El Duque. With Mark Gardner retiring, GM Brian Sabean is looking for another starter.

Go get him Giants!

MattSharp
02-14-2002, 04:17 PM
This sounds like KW move to me. Someone who COULD have been good but isn't. Lets throw in Borchard w/Rauch. Now theres a deal

hold2dibber
02-14-2002, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't have traded Liefer and K. Wells for El Dookie; he makes a ton, he's broken down, and he's 106 years old. If you could get the Yankees to pay part of his salary and you could get him for a couple B prospects (or for the Choice!), he'd be worth a flier, I suppose. I still think they should pick up Kent Bottenfield, who I think would have about the same chance of being a success (20%?), but would basically be risk free.

LongDistanceFan
02-14-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I wouldn't have traded Liefer and K. Wells for El Dookie; he makes a ton, he's broken down, and he's 106 years old. If you could get the Yankees to pay part of his salary and you could get him for a couple B prospects (or for the Choice!), he'd be worth a flier, I suppose. I still think they should pick up Kent Bottenfield, who I think would have about the same chance of being a success (20%?), but would basically be risk free. did i miss something........... wasn't kipper traded already????

bringbackrobin
02-14-2002, 06:10 PM
It's depressing that KW would even consider such a trade.

Daver
02-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
did i miss something........... wasn't kipper traded already????

Yeah,but Kenny is trying to pull one over on the Yankees and trade him again. :)

Paulwny
02-14-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by daver

Yeah,but Kenny is trying to pull one over on the Yankees and trade him again. :)

Unless KW forgot he traded him.

kermittheefrog
02-14-2002, 06:44 PM
You guys haven't touched on my biggest concern. We're talking Kenny Williams trading for a guy named Hernandez. Do you realize how many Hernandezes there are in the baseball world? Lord knows which one he'll get if this deal goes through.

czalgosz
02-14-2002, 06:45 PM
First, I don't believe anything that the New York tabloids say.

Second, Orlando Hernandez is just about worthless. If the Sox give up anyone for him, I will start the collection to pay for Daver's trip to Chicago with his bow.

Daver
02-14-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
First, I don't believe anything that the New York tabloids say.

Second, Orlando Hernandez is just about worthless. If the Sox give up anyone for him, I will start the collection to pay for Daver's trip to Chicago with his bow.

I go there every day,so just send the cash.:redneck

Jerry_Manuel
02-14-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
You guys haven't touched on my biggest concern. We're talking Kenny Williams trading for a guy named Hernandez. Do you realize how many Hernandezes there are in the baseball world? Lord knows which one he'll get if this deal goes through.

Good call, Kermit.

Maybe, well end up with Jose Hernandez? Or since Kenny likes veterans maybe will end up with Keith Hernandez?

LongDistanceFan
02-14-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
You guys haven't touched on my biggest concern. We're talking Kenny Williams trading for a guy named Hernandez. Do you realize how many Hernandezes there are in the baseball world? Lord knows which one he'll get if this deal goes through. man i never thought of it that way

foulkesfan11
02-14-2002, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry, I don't think El PukeAY is that good. I hate that name. In reagrds to the first post, Kip Wells was traded a long time ago. I also think that despite Jon Rausch having a bad attitude, he's a great pitcher. Keep him!

OfficerKarkovice
02-14-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I'm sorry, I don't think El PukeAY is that good. I hate that name. In reagrds to the first post, Kip Wells was traded a long time ago. I also think that despite Jon Rausch having a bad attitude, he's a great pitcher. Keep him!

Bad attitude...I have heard nothing of the such, but then again I don't live in Chi. so that doesn't suprise me...explain please.

Pete_SSAC
02-14-2002, 10:33 PM

*raises eyebrow* I haven't heard anything bad about Rauch.

Anyway, Dear lord I'm glad that this trade didn't happen (I think that this was BEFORE the Ritche deal, thus the Kip Wells thing). I like Ritche a lot better than Hernadez. He's younger, and healthier. I think that getting Hernadez would be like getting another David Wells. Lotta hype, little results.

- Pete

Jjav829
02-14-2002, 10:57 PM

The Kip Wells part was not saying he would be traded. We all know he was traded already. However before the trade to Pittsburgh he was offered to the Yankees in a deal for El Duque. I brought Jon Rauch up as a joke because of KW's history of giving up a lot for little, and giving up young talents for older players.

alohafri
02-15-2002, 07:30 PM
If Lenny Williams trades anybody fromt the big league club for El Duque, I'm sending him a white fish.

:caballo Hold that pitch, I have to go!

RichH55
02-17-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
If Lenny Williams trades anybody fromt the big league club for El Duque, I'm sending him a white fish.

:caballo Hold that pitch, I have to go!

Welcome Aloha....I like the location comment...glad to have you aboard :gulp:

ode to veeck
02-17-2002, 01:10 PM
did i miss something........... wasn't kipper traded already????

gee wouldn't that be surprising ... bumbling williams not knowing who's in the trade or not