PDA

View Full Version : New Food Idea at the park

Law11
07-11-2006, 07:54 AM
After talking with some friends and how so many visit other parks and cities
we thought it would be pretty cool if the Sox were the first ones to have a food stand area that reflects the cuisine of that visiting city.

It might not be practical for all teams - I mean whats Minn known for food wise..

But its a thought...

KC - Ribs from Bryants
Bal - Crab cakes
tampa - Cuban pork sandwiches
Bos - Chowder
etc...

Other thoughts...

TornLabrum
07-11-2006, 08:01 AM
we thought it would be pretty cool if the Sox were the first ones to have a food stand area that reflects the cuisine of that visiting city.

It might not be practical for all teams - I mean whats Minn known for food wise..

Hot dish.

Steelrod
07-11-2006, 08:17 AM

But its a thought...

KC - Ribs from Bryants
Bal - Crab cakes
tampa - Cuban pork sandwiches
Bos - Chowder
etc...
Minn= Lutefisk...you will know it here if they serve it there!

Other thoughts...
Minn= Lutefisk..you will know it here if they serve it there!

skottyj242
07-11-2006, 08:29 AM
On the flipside I always thought that Ricobenes should have a stand at Comiskey.

INSox56
07-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Minn= Lutefisk..you will know it here if they serve it there!

*vomit* That's a great idea, but it'd be a nightmare. You'd never know demand, since it's a specialty item, you'd have tons and tons of waste. Unless everything was just frozen and heated up almost real-time

34 Inch Stick
07-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Cubs- goat meat washed down with a cup of failure.

cbone
07-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Minn= Lutefisk..you will know it here if they serve it there! Wash it down with a steaming hot cup of Glogg on a hot summer day. That's a treat!!!

rdwj
07-11-2006, 09:05 AM
On the flipside I always thought that Ricobenes should have a stand at Comiskey.

Great Idea, but man, would that be a sloppy mess to eat in your seat.

itsnotrequired
07-11-2006, 09:12 AM

Eh, just eat it in the outfield shower.:tongue:

skottyj242
07-11-2006, 09:15 AM

I don't think a breaded steak sandwich would be any more sloppy than the steak pita.

the gooch
07-11-2006, 09:23 AM
maybe the beers of the world can have some local beers from the visiting cities. (we can even send a free 6 pack to tomorrow's starting pitcher.)

TornLabrum
07-11-2006, 09:24 AM
maybe the beers of the world can have some local beers from the visiting cities. (we can even send a free 6 pack to tomorrow's starting pitcher.)

Mmmmm...Grain Belt....Mmmmm

Baby Fisk
07-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Toronto:
- grilled back bacon sammiches
- moose burgers
- beaver tails
- maple ice cream
- beers: Labatt's Blue, Molson Canadian, Steam Whistle Pilsner (brewed right next to the Rogers Centre)

34 Inch Stick
07-11-2006, 10:59 AM
- beaver tails
)

I believe this is already served frequently at the cell.

twentywontowin
07-11-2006, 11:12 AM

They serve Ricobene's breaded steak at the United Center, it's not so bad.

jenn2080
07-11-2006, 11:24 AM
I think that would be a great idea, esp the beer part. Get some breweries like Goose Island and things like that. I personally think they should get rid of Connies pizza. that pizza is gross

Mr.1Dog
07-11-2006, 11:48 AM
I think that would be a great idea, esp the beer part. Get some breweries like Goose Island and things like that. I personally think they should get rid of Connies pizza. that pizza is gross

I agree with the Connie's Pizza. I say bring in Lou Malnati's. Also, the Goose Island 312 would be a treat. I was at SBC park and they served Anchor Steam, a SF local brew. Make Goose Island a staple at the Cell.

TornLabrum
07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I agree with the Connie's Pizza. I say bring in Lou Malnati's. Also, the Goose Island 312 would be a treat. I was at SBC park and they served Anchor Steam, a SF local brew. Make Goose Island a staple at the Cell.

Tom Lasorda was on WGN's sportsblab show last night. I happened to flip it on just as the interview was ending. He said, "I wish I could find somebody to hook me up with some of that Connie's pizza. I love that stuff."

Whoever the host was said, "I'll send you some Lou Malnatti's."

Lasorda's response, "What's that?"

tacosalbarojas
07-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Tom Lasorda was on WGN's sportsblab show last night. I happened to flip it on just as the interview was ending. He said, "I wish I could find somebody to hook me up with some of that Connie's pizza. I love that stuff."

Whoever the host was said, "I'll send you some Lou Malnatti's."

Lasorda's response, "What's that?"So let's add Chicago pizza to the long list of things LaSorda knows nothing about.

nasox
07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
They do this in Arizona at the BOB, or whatever they call it now. For the Cubs, they do Chicago Style dogs, no ketchup.

qpropaganda
07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
my favorite post game treat...

SHRIMPS FROM LAWRENCE'S FISHERIES...

http://www.lawrencesfisheries.com/index.htm

hell yeah!

Dolanski
07-11-2006, 02:10 PM
They do this in Arizona at the BOB, or whatever they call it now. For the Cubs, they do Chicago Style dogs, no ketchup.

Fenway Park a few years ago had a "chicago style hot dog." Worst. Hot Dog. Ever. They put a fenway frank in a thicker bun with a tomato wedge. Just pathetic and gross.

While this idea is kinda cool, considering the general state of consessions at ballparks, they would inevitably screw up whatever they were trying to make.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Rainbow cones (loved my audit client on Western a few blocks away :D: )

Superdawg hot dogs (and fries - Comiskey fries are disgusting)

Mr. Beef's beef samich.

Really can't screw those three up (on a large scale except for maybe the beef which always must be prepared with care) and they would be my suggestions.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-11-2006, 03:00 PM

Imagine the markup on a breaded steak at USCF?

robiwho
07-11-2006, 03:22 PM

Ooooh, I've been jonesin' for a Rainbow cone for a while now. I think I may have to get there this weekend.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Ooooh, I've been jonesin' for a Rainbow cone for a while now. I think I may have to get there this weekend.

Kids will be bouncing off the walls after that trip (but of course it will be well worth it). :wired:

The Original Rainbow Cone, Yes!!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-011.gif

ChiSoxGirl
07-11-2006, 03:48 PM

I LOVE Rainbow cone; haven't had one in YEARS! A girl friend of mine used to live around 87th & Pulaski and whenever I'd go down to her house, we'd make a special trip to Rainbow cone. She moved to Orland several years ago and found a smaller Rainbow cone store, which we used to frequent, but that has since closed.

robiwho
07-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Kids will be bouncing off the walls after that trip (but of course it will be well worth it). :wired:

The Original Rainbow Cone, Yes!!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-011.gif

They're bouncing off the walls anyway -- just ask ChiSoxGirl!

I LOVE Rainbow cone; haven't had one in YEARS!

Hmmmm...looks like we need to make a plan soon!

ChiSoxGirl
07-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Hmmmm...looks like we need to make a plan soon!

:thumbsup: Sweet!

SouthSide_HitMen
07-11-2006, 05:20 PM
I LOVE Rainbow cone; haven't had one in YEARS! A girl friend of mine used to live around 87th & Pulaski and whenever I'd go down to her house, we'd make a special trip to Rainbow cone. She moved to Orland several years ago and found a smaller Rainbow cone store, which we used to frequent, but that has since closed.

Haven't been there in a while either as it has been several years since I was an auditor. I have ventured back a few times since and when I worked downtown would hit it up for lunch (before the crowds came) - IMO the ONLY reason to head to the taste.

bigfoot
07-11-2006, 08:31 PM
So let's add Chicago pizza to the long list of things LaSorda knows nothing about.

Tommy LaSorda may be the source of ALL of Tim McCarver's knowledge!:gulp:

hula
07-12-2006, 07:46 AM
my favorite post game treat...

SHRIMPS FROM LAWRENCE'S FISHERIES...

http://www.lawrencesfisheries.com/index.htm

hell yeah!

Grew up on their shrimp - fabulous! The breading is kind of spicey, but mmm, good! I haven't been there in probably 20 years. Since I'm visiting Chicago next week, I think I'll make a stop there, as well as Rainbow Cone.

I was thinking they really need to add pierogi, not only for all the Polish in Chicago, but in honor of AJ! I suggest they get them from either Tatra's buffet on 65th & Pulaski or Bobek's.

And if we're talking pizza, how about Palermo's on 63rd Street. If they can bring in Connie's, they can bring in Palermo's!! :D:

Law11
07-12-2006, 09:17 AM
I was thinking they really need to add pierogi, not only for all the Polish in Chicago, but in honor of AJ! I suggest they get them from either Tatra's buffet on 65th & Pulaski or Bobek's. :D:

I agree they need a pierogi stand in the park.
And yes Bobak's has awsome pierogi's.

batmanZoSo
07-12-2006, 10:10 AM

Connie's does suck horribly. And it tries to be good.

I also think 312 sucks. Not to be too negative. Lou Malnati's, needless to say, is pretty frickin good. :cool:

Hawkeroo1980
07-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Connie's does suck horribly. And it tries to be good.

I also think 312 sucks. Not to be too negative. Lou Malnati's, needless to say, is pretty frickin good. :cool:

I think lou malnati's is airport pizza.

They should work out a deal to get Rosangelos pizza at the cell......

The rainbow cone idea is spectacular....however, I think getting an outside vendor that isn't HUGE, to set up shop at the cell is totally out of the question. Its more political than Streets and Sani. Those bertucci boys and Levi/sports service have thinks pretty locked down.

anotherDCsoxfan
07-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Why not the Weiner Circle, while we're at it :-)
As for pizza, I'm a Giordano's man myself.
You should see the excuse they try to pass off as Chicago pizza out here.

sox420fan
07-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Why not the Weiner Circle, while we're at it :-)
As for pizza, I'm a Giordano's man myself.
You should see the excuse they try to pass off as Chicago pizza out here.

You think you have it bad? In Louisville the best pizza here sadly is Pizza Hut.

God I can't wait to move back to Chicago (Darien). House goes on the market in 10 days. Wish me luck!!!!:bandance:

miker
07-12-2006, 01:06 PM
You think you have it bad? In Louisville the best pizza here sadly is Pizza Hut.

God I can't wait to move back to Chicago (Darien). House goes on the market in 10 days. Wish me luck!!!!:bandance:
As a former Pizza Hut employee, you're right...that sucks!

sox420fan
07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
so you feel my pain?

nug0hs
07-12-2006, 02:32 PM
Cubs- goat meat washed down with a cup of failure.

:rolling::roflmao:

Frater Perdurabo
07-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Texas: Chopped beef brisket sandwich, Shiner Bock beer and Dublin Dr Pepper (made with real imperial can sugar, not high fructose corn syrup) for the kids.