PDA

View Full Version : MAN SOO LEE Uncredited All Star

Steelrod
07-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Anyone notice that Man Soo Lee caught the home run derby last nite. Maybe the only uniformed person out there last nite that ESPN didn't acknowledge.
We saw you, Man Soo !

Cat Thief
07-11-2006, 08:34 AM
It was good to see him there. I'm sure he will have 1000 pictures posted on his website. No teal required.

stl_sox_fan
07-11-2006, 08:35 AM
Anyone notice that Man Soo Lee caught the home run derby last nite. Maybe the only uniformed person out there last nite that ESPN didn't acknowledge.
We saw you, Man Soo !

I didn't notice him catching. But I did see him on the sidelines standing next to Baines, Walker and Cora with his catching knee pads on when Dye was on deck.

Did anyone end up drowning in the Allegheny fighting for homerun balls? :rolleyes:

skottyj242
07-11-2006, 09:30 AM
He was catching when Howard won it.

INSox56
07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah I just saw him standing next to other sox players and coaches on the side. Buehrle like the only player without the uni on...he probably just got in town haha

skottyj242
07-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Yeah I just saw him standing next to other sox players and coaches on the side. Buehrle like the only player without the uni on...he probably just got in town haha

The Sun-Times said this morning that he wasn't going to get into town until today so he must have just got there.

LongLiveFisk
07-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I was happy to see him there because he's great with the fans over by the bullpen, especially the kids. I can't even imagine how many balls he gives away while he's back there mingling with the people.

Way to go, Man Soo! :D:

TheDarkGundam
07-11-2006, 11:32 AM
He didn't catch the whole thing. There was some guy in an NL uniform catching in the beginning.

jenn2080
07-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I was happy to see him there because he's great with the fans over by the bullpen, especially the kids. I can't even imagine how many balls he gives away while he's back there mingling with the people.

I love Man Soo. He is like the White Sox welcome wagon. He remembers alot of the funs and is always talking to them.

slobes
07-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Glad to see the best bullpen catcher ever go to the All Star game.

CaptainBallz
07-11-2006, 11:54 AM

He tossed my mom an autographed ball over there a couple weeks ago...

She's a bit 'band-wagonnish" and it's sitting unattended in a frickin' drawer right now. :rolleyes:

It will be missing soon...:whistle:

ChetChat
07-11-2006, 11:59 AM
It was good to see him there. I'm sure he will have 1000 pictures posted on his website. No teal required.
He has a website? can you link it?

whitesoxwilkes
07-11-2006, 12:09 PM
He has a website? can you link it?
www.leemansoo.com

Iwritecode
07-11-2006, 12:30 PM
I thought I saw a Sox symbol on the sleeve of the catcher last night...

Tekijawa
07-11-2006, 01:23 PM
I wonder how much extra Bazooka they had to get in the Club house, with Mansoo and all those kids out on the field he probably had to give away about 100 Pounds of the stuff before the game even started!

pearso66
07-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I noticed Man Soo was there, I didn't know he caught though. I went to a game down in Texas, and he always came by and talked to us and kept remarking on my g/f and her sisters "oh beautiful girls" and then after the game, he threw my g/f an autographed ball. When we got back to Chicago, we saw him at our first game back, and he came over and took a picture with my g/f, sister and my g/f's sister. Now everytime we go to the park, they look for man soo. He really is a great person to have on the White Sox staff, and I'm glad he got to be involved in the All-Star game/ Homerun Derby.

Procol Harum
07-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Ozzie certainly did right by his fellow Sox with this All-Star thing. Besides the players, I don't think I ever remember another All-Star dugout that was so crammed with reps of one team--at times when they'd pan the dugout you thought it was a Sox broadcast--Ozzie, Harold, Cora, Walker, Cooper, the players, Ozzie's boys, Man Soo Lee down in the bullpen.

Didn't see him (too much commercial break surfing), but I can't imagine that Herm Schneider wasn't brought along.

Let's hope that the 2007 All-Star game will be a mini-version of Soxfest as well! Anybody off the top know what AL city hosts next year's game?

SBSoxFan
07-12-2006, 11:04 AM

Yep, and security wouldn't let him in the stadium ... until he flashed his Ring. :cool:

skottyj242
07-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Ozzie certainly did right by his fellow Sox with this All-Star thing. Besides the players, I don't think I ever remember another All-Star dugout that was so crammed with reps of one team--at times when they'd pan the dugout you thought it was a Sox broadcast--Ozzie, Harold, Cora, Walker, Cooper, the players, Ozzie's boys, Man Soo Lee down in the bullpen.

Didn't see him (too much commercial break surfing), but I can't imagine that Herm Schneider wasn't brought along.

Let's hope that the 2007 All-Star game will be a mini-version of Soxfest as well! Anybody off the top know what AL city hosts next year's game?

I can almost quarantee Herm was there because I think pretty much every teams trainer was there lookingout after their guy.

buehrle4cy05
07-12-2006, 11:37 AM

San Francisco.

Oh wait...