PDA

View Full Version : Tommy John in Legends Game

32nd&Wallace
07-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Wearing a Sox hat! Probably remembered by most sports fan as a Yankee or a Dodger. But good to see, though!

itsnotrequired
07-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Wearing a Sox hat! Probably remembered by most sports fan as a Yankee or a Dodger. But good to see, though!

The highlights they showed were all Yankee but when they had his name at the bottom of the screen when he came to bat, they listed him as a Sox All Star.

:cool:

LuvSox
07-10-2006, 11:35 PM
It's on again now, great to see him in Sox gear.

MUsoxfan
07-11-2006, 12:47 AM
I always thought of Tommy as a Yankee. It's cool to see anyone wearing a Sox hat

TDog
07-11-2006, 04:23 AM
I always thought of Tommy as a Yankee. It's cool to see anyone wearing a Sox hat

Bandwagoner!

Actually I looked at a Tommy John autobiography once in a bookstore years ago. He wrote that he had very happy years in Chicago.

John pitched against Denny McLain of the Tigers on July 17, 1970, my 13th birthday, losing 4-3, but on Aug. 23, 1970, a doubleheader against the Yankees, John opened with a 2-0 shutout. Bob Miller started and lost the second game and the adults I was with decided they needed to leave early. Fritz Peterson and Mike Kekich started the games for the Yankees, which years later would mean something.

But that Sunday afternoon featured the Tommy John I will always remember.

doogiec
07-11-2006, 07:42 AM
John has worked for the last few seasons (and I think he still is) for the Charlotte Knights, doing radio announcing and PR work for the team, so that's the current connection.

Lip Man 1
07-11-2006, 01:42 PM
And the odds of footage still existing of TJ in a Sox uniform are pretty small to say the least.

Lip