PDA

View Full Version : Sox should have Man Law commercial spoofs

HotelWhiteSox
07-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Grinder rules are great, but we need some Sox Law to be shown at the game to address some complaints (though I know there are already Grinder rules for some of these). Come up with some.

- Don't throw HR balls back

- Wait for a break in the action to get up/return from your seat.

- Have money ready at concessions

- Go on the concourse if you're going to blab on your cell the whole game

Had a good one the other day but can't think of it. The first 2 are the main ones for me, haven't seen problems with the other ones but it's more of a reminder.

South Side
07-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Grinder rules are great, but we need some Sox Law to be shown at the game to address some complaints (though I know there are already Grinder rules for some of these). Come up with some.

- Don't throw HR balls back

- Wait for a break in the action to get up/return from your seat.

- Have money ready at concessions

- Go on the concourse if you're going to blab on your cell the whole game

Had a good one the other day but can't think of it. The first 2 are the main ones for me, haven't seen problems with the other ones but it's more of a reminder.

That's actually a really good idea.

hi im skot
07-10-2006, 09:54 PM
I love it!

I wanna see Gooch play the Triple H character and yell and rip his shirt off...you know, something very un-Gooch-like.

Or something.

:redneck

MrRoboto83
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Excellent Idea!

How about Do not stop and chat with someone in the middle of the concourse.

slobes
07-10-2006, 10:31 PM
If you wish to bring a sign to a game, hold it up in a manner as to not obstruct the view of spectators behind you (unless during a commercial break).

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Miller Lite has Man Laws - the White Sox have Man Soo Laws - and let him have the Burt Reynolds spot.

MrRoboto83
07-10-2006, 10:41 PM
If you wish to bring a sign to a game, hold it up in a manner as to not obstruct the view of spectators behind you (unless during a commercial break).

This goes for Umbrellas while it is drizzling out as well.

IlliniSox4Life
07-10-2006, 10:46 PM
I think the WSI Drinking Team would be great doing this. Sitting around a tailgate discussing Sox Laws. Honestly, this is the best idea I've heard since the WSI Drinking Team.

dwalteroo
07-10-2006, 11:19 PM
I think the WSI Drinking Team would be great doing this. Sitting around a tailgate discussing Sox Laws. Honestly, this is the best idea I've heard since the WSI Drinking Team.

Great idea!

One Sox Rule could be about playing "bags" or, if you prefer (and I don't) "cornhole," and being careful about where one walks in the parking lot before a sox game. It could end with one of the guys getting a bean bag to the head, and then him "charging the mound." I'm just saying. :redneck

Epark84
07-10-2006, 11:36 PM
How about if you start or participate in the wave you are ejected from the game...Gawd I hate the wave!!!!!

WWE Champion
07-10-2006, 11:58 PM
This is an awesome idea! Someone should send it to Brooks!

WSDaytonOH
07-11-2006, 12:22 AM
How about if you start or participate in the wave you are ejected from the game...Gawd I hate the wave!!!!!

I second the if you participate in the wave you are ejected from the game Man Soo Law!!!

areilly
07-11-2006, 12:32 AM
How about if you're going to support the visiting team, be mindful of the fact that you are just that - VISITING. Sox fans should and will gladly answer any questions visiting fans have about Sox players, team history, the park, or the city, but only as long as those fans are respectful of the fact that this is OUR park. Don't give a standing O to a visiting player getting walked with 2 outs in the top of the 1st inning, don't tell us why your guy is better than ours, and definitely don't ask us anything about that other so-called team that plays on the North Side.

Man Soo Law?

Frontman
07-11-2006, 08:15 AM
So, to "cast" the team in a Manlaw commercial, you need to figure out who is taking who's place.

Burt=Man Soo Lee
Iguchi= Triple H
Jerome Bettis=Jim Thome (come on, they are both nice guys)
The large fella who defended crushing beer cans on your head= AJ
The old guy writing down the man(soo) laws = Farmio

Any other suggestions?

Frontman
07-11-2006, 08:17 AM
How about if you're going to support the visiting team, be mindful of the fact that you are just that - VISITING. Sox fans should and will gladly answer any questions visiting fans have about Sox players, team history, the park, or the city, but only as long as those fans are respectful of the fact that this is OUR park. Don't give a standing O to a visiting player getting walked with 2 outs in the top of the 1st inning, don't tell us why your guy is better than ours, and definitely don't ask us anything about that other so-called team that plays on the North Side.

Man Soo Law?

Law, that's an admendment! :) j/k

I'll second the Visiting fans being mindful Man Soo Law.

KMKsuburbannoise
07-11-2006, 08:29 AM
When you get punched by the opponent, take your frustrations out on the ball and win the game for your team the next time you play that team.... MAN SOO LAW

itsnotrequired
07-11-2006, 08:35 AM

Gimmie a break...

34 Inch Stick
07-11-2006, 08:54 AM
This is a great marketing idea as Grinder Rules are well past their stale date.

Now the ad agency the Sox use can have another unpaid idea that they garnered from WSI.

cbone
07-11-2006, 09:00 AM

I hate the wave as well, but I believe a warning is merited. Save ejections for only the worst ofenders. :smile:

Example: My least favorite, late arriving fans who ask you to stand while they pass in front of you. All this while the Sox are batting with men on base.

the gooch
07-11-2006, 09:26 AM
i think a good commercial would be man soo lee throwing out unfunny bleacher hecklers... and people who throw back home runs.

credefan24
07-11-2006, 09:50 AM
No wearing "Cub stink" tee shirts at a sox game. Support your own team (credit to Putty).

Frontman
07-11-2006, 10:05 AM
No wearing "Cub stink" tee shirts at a sox game. Support your own team (credit to Putty).

I second that one. Wear your team's colors, why have anyone else's?

MsSoxVixen22
07-11-2006, 10:10 AM
While Man Soo Lee laws sound like a great idea, wouldn't we just be copying the Man Laws? I mean the Sox came up with the Grinder Rules, on their own. It's JMHO, though :whistle:

CaptainBallz
07-11-2006, 10:16 AM
While Man Soo Lee laws sound like a great idea, wouldn't we just be copying the Man Laws? I mean the Sox came up with the Grinder Rules, on their own. It's JMHO, though :whistle:

I was thinking the same thing. Although it's funny for the sake of the message board, I do believe there'd be some "intellectual property" issues if it were proposed seriously...Just sayin...

slobes
07-11-2006, 10:59 AM

All those Cubs suck t-shirts sold outside the cell disgust me. Each shirt vender will have like 4 anti Cubs shirts and maybe one Sox shirt.

skottyj242
07-11-2006, 12:27 PM
The old guy writing down the laws should be played by Art Kusyner.

North Sox Sider
07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
How about the Chevy Pride Crew should be Banned.....Man Soo Law. Do I hear 2nd for that??

MsSoxVixen22
07-11-2006, 01:08 PM
How about the Chevy Pride Crew should be Banned.....Man Soo Law. Do I hear 2nd for that??

Now THAT I 100% agree with! :D:

qpropaganda
07-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Miller Lite has Man Laws - the White Sox have Man Soo Laws - and let him have the Burt Reynolds spot.
glancing at this thread, I thought it DID say "MAN SOO" commercial spoofs...

I'm imagining the korean babe ruth telling us that it is okay to pour beer on AJ or to get into EVERY post season celebration photo...

classic

Epark84
07-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Gimmie a break...

what you like the wave? im not actually serious about ejecting the person, but at least the people around give the person enough crap so they dont do it again. Nothing makes me sicker than seeing the wave go around comiskey

littlesully23
07-11-2006, 02:09 PM

Wholeheartedly agreed.

Frontman
07-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Didn't take long for Mike Murphy and his production staff to raid WSI for yet another idea. He was doing "Murph Laws" today, as a play off of the Manlaws.

Why did they give that guy a contract extension?

Front

stacksedwards
07-13-2006, 02:22 PM
All those Cubs suck t-shirts sold outside the cell disgust me. Each shirt vender will have like 4 anti Cubs shirts and maybe one Sox shirt.
As well as the fact that when I went to Wrigley for Sox Cubs I saw same guys from the Cell selling Sox Suck stuff over there.

Shirts are dumb, who cares about the Cubs? Save $10 and put it towards a Ron Karkovice road grey uni

stacksedwards
07-13-2006, 02:23 PM

Banned unless any of those babes wanna take me out, then they can stay

russ99
07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
As well as the fact that when I went to Wrigley for Sox Cubs I saw same guys from the Cell selling Sox Suck stuff over there.

Shirts are dumb, who cares about the Cubs? Save $10 and put it towards a Ron Karkovice road grey uni

Actually I thought the A.J. vs. Barrett boxing promoter poster t-shirt was a pretty good idea. At least it was light-years ahead of the originality of "Sux". :angry:

They really need to ban that offensive-to Sox-fans-too anti-Cub shirt. You know which one I'm talking about.

Proposed amendment to the No-Cub-Shirt law: Anti-cub shirts are acceptable only on Sox vs. Cub weekends.... at Wrigley!

russ99
07-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Banned unless any of those babes wanna take me out, then they can stay

I was on a "L" train once with the female members of The Pride Crew. They're really nice girls that go to DePaul.

One more proposed Man-Soo law: Outlaw the kids whiffle ball contest on Fundamentals unless the kid can win a Sox jersey. What's up with the cheapness of the debit cards this year?!?

nasox
07-13-2006, 10:01 PM
So, to "cast" the team in a Manlaw commercial, you need to figure out who is taking who's place.

Burt=Man Soo Lee
Iguchi= Triple H
Jerome Bettis=Jim Thome (come on, they are both nice guys)
The large fella who defended crushing beer cans on your head= AJ
The old guy writing down the man(soo) laws = Farmio

Any other suggestions?

The large fellow was Hispanic, so I nominate Uribe. He's just crazy, so he'd fit.
Any Texans on the team besides Podsednik to play the cowboy type guy?

We need Herm and Roger Bossard in there as well. And JeDye too.

nasox
07-13-2006, 10:03 PM

We could make our own commercials with WSIers as the men of square table.

We should actually call it the Fans of the Square Table. We are equal opportunity here at WSI.

I would be happy to film them.

qpropaganda
07-13-2006, 10:12 PM
who would be casted to play Aaron Ralston (the bi-specled rock climber that cut off his own arm with a pocketknife after he got pinned under a boulder for like 6 days)?

JohnBasedowYoda
07-13-2006, 10:28 PM
what you like the wave? im not actually serious about ejecting the person, but at least the people around give the person enough crap so they dont do it again. Nothing makes me sicker than seeing the wave go around comiskey

He hates the wave, that was a KitKat bar request.

esbrechtel
07-13-2006, 10:29 PM
who would be casted to play Aaron Ralston (the bi-specled rock climber that cut off his own arm with a pocketknife after he got pinned under a boulder for like 6 days)?

rowand

Andy T Clown
07-13-2006, 10:35 PM

Bo Jackson..the only player in MLB history to play with an artificial hip!

slobes
07-13-2006, 10:59 PM

Jim Abbott

CLR01
07-13-2006, 11:30 PM

Politte.

He doesn't have much of an arm left so it works.