PDA

View Full Version : Sox Park in Top 10 For Veggie Options

DoItForDanPasqua
07-10-2006, 02:03 PM
US Cellular offers the 9th best veggie options according to PETA. For some reason the article does not mention churros. I love that they only devoted a few words to US Cellular but still managed to knock the Cubs.

http://www.goveg.com/f-topballparks06.asp

hi im skot
07-10-2006, 02:04 PM
US Cellular offers the 9th best veggie options according to PETA. For some reason the article does not mention churros. I love that they only devoted a few words to US Cellular but still managed to knock the Cubs.

Linky?

itsnotrequired
07-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Linky?

hi im skot
07-10-2006, 02:08 PM

Thanks!

bigsqwert
07-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Awesome. I'll be going to AT&T park in 2 weeks. Will try as many veggie options as I can.

nevr say dye sox
07-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Sweet... maybe we could have Wood Stock Day, where we all dress up in tie dye and sit in the out field and eat our veggie sandwiches. I bet the grilled cheese stand will be a big hit. Damn beef stand vendors! Don't they cows have rights too!

skottyj242
07-10-2006, 02:33 PM
I heard they have PB&J at Comiskey in the kids stand in center, is this true?

KMKsuburbannoise
07-10-2006, 02:42 PM
i'll stick with my Best Kosher dog

nasox
07-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Sweet... maybe we could have Wood Stock Day, where we all dress up in tie dye and sit in the out field and eat our veggie sandwiches. I bet the grilled cheese stand will be a big hit. Damn beef stand vendors! Don't they cows have rights too!

We could start by calling it Woodstock Day.

batmanZoSo
07-10-2006, 03:10 PM

They have the right to get in my tummy.

skottyj242
07-10-2006, 03:18 PM
We could start by calling it Woodstock Day.

Why would we honor that little yellow bird that hangs out with Snoopy?

RealFan
07-11-2006, 12:07 AM
As a lifelong vegetarian, it's good to learn not only about the food at my favorite team's park (the Cell of course), but also about options at other ballparks should my business travels take me there every now and then. Thanks for the linky:smile:

mrs. hendu
07-11-2006, 12:25 AM
As a lifelong vegetarian, it's good to learn not only about the food at my favorite team's park (the Cell of course), but also about options at other ballparks should my business travels take me there every now and then. Thanks for the linky:smile:
Same here. :smile:

I love veggie dogs at the Cell, but I think they only sell them on the lower level, and most of my tickets are for the upper deck. :(:

NDSox12
07-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Why would we honor that little yellow bird that hangs out with Snoopy?

Well, instead you could be honoring the great town of Woodstock, Illinois (where I grew up).

robiwho
07-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Same here. :smile:

I love veggie dogs at the Cell, but I think they only sell them on the lower level, and most of my tickets are for the upper deck. :(:

You can get them in the UD. I'll try to confirm which stand has them and let you know.

itsnotrequired
07-11-2006, 11:37 AM
You can get them in the UD. I'll try to confirm which stand has them and let you know.

It is behind home plate, IIRC.

Procol Harum
07-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Vegetarians may do as they please and God bless them--I am glad the Sox provide them with suitable options.

To have "kudos" from the blood-spattering, "pets are evil" kooks at PETA, however, is likened unto the Cell being proclaimed a "Jihadist-friendly" ballpark by Al Qaeda.

slavko
07-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Nothing says summer in the good ol' USA like baseball, sunshine, your favorite brew, and cucumber sandwiches on white bread with the crust cut off.

the_valenstache
07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Vegetarians may do as they please and God bless them--I am glad the Sox provide them with suitable options.

To have "kudos" from the blood-spattering, "pets are evil" kooks at PETA, however, is likened unto the Cell being proclaimed a "Jihadist-friendly" ballpark by Al Qaeda.

I don't want to hijack, but you have to admit that's a bit extreme. I do completely agree that PETA makes a bad name for vegetarians and animal lovers everywhere; I, for one, have no interest in making anyone else a vegetarian or forcing my beliefs on anyone. As much as I despise PETA, it's hard to liken them to a murdering terrorist organization.

But thanks itsnotrequired for the info on veggie dogs in the upper deck; I usually try to hit the fandeck for one when I'm in the lower level and I never knew they were served in the upper deck. Mostly, I just stick to nachos, churros, and beer anyways.:D:

robiwho
07-11-2006, 01:23 PM

Thanks, INR. I prefer the gardenburger, so I don't usually know where to find the veggie dogs.

Also, have to agree with valenstache -- I've been veg for 22 years and couldn't care less what anyone else decides to eat, nor will I ever support PETA.

logansquaresox
07-11-2006, 01:31 PM
The concession stand in Section 529 sells veggie dogs.

I would also like to point out that not every vegetarian is an animal rights nutjob. Some of us simply feel it is a healthier option. I was extremely psyched the day I discovered that Sox Park carries veggie dogs, and I think it reflects well on the Sox organization that they take into consideration that a whole spectrum of people enjoy White Sox baseball.

itsnotrequired
07-11-2006, 01:37 PM
I would also like to point out that not every vegetarian is an animal rights nutjob. Some of us simply feel it is a healthier option. I was extremely psyched the day I discovered that Sox Park carries veggie dogs, and I think it reflects well on the Sox organization that they take into consideration that a whole spectrum of people enjoy White Sox baseball.

Also, you don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy veggie dogs or garden burgers. I personally don't care for the dogs very much but I really like veggie burgers, especially the Morningstar Farms "Grillers Prime". Those taste awesome.

logansquaresox
07-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Also, you don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy veggie dogs or garden burgers. I personally don't care for the dogs very much but I really like veggie burgers, especially the Morningstar Farms "Grillers Prime". Those taste awesome.

The are quite delicious, aren't they? Have you ever tried their buffalo wings? My sister, a meatasaurus, enjoys them enormously.

itsnotrequired
07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
The are quite delicious, aren't they? Have you ever tried their buffalo wings? My sister, a meatasaurus, enjoys them enormously.

There is a box of those sitting in my freezer as I type this.

:cool:

kwolf68
07-11-2006, 02:08 PM

WOW. Just wow.

qpropaganda
07-11-2006, 02:32 PM
sox fan for 23 years...vegetarian for 16 years ( I do eat seafood from time to time )...to me it was just never liking meat as a kid & my love for vegetables...when I made the decision to go veggie, it was just a personal decision designed to put good stuff into my body...

as per eating meat, I really don't care if you slaughter a cow on the fan deck & butcher it on the spot - if that's what you want to do, do it to your heart's content...I can give a crap about PETA and their ideas of pushing their life choices down others' throats...just give me the same respect when I say I'm a vegetarian...

my personal non-meat picks to click:
bag of pistachios from dude outside of gate 5
slice of cheese pizza
churros
veggie burger with lots of giardinera
nachos with tons of peppers

nachos...YES!

DoItForDanPasqua
07-11-2006, 02:36 PM

The Grillers Prime are good but the Morningstar Farm veggie chicken patties are even better.

vegyrex
07-11-2006, 02:43 PM
I've had the garden burgers but haven't tried the veggie dogs yet.

The garden burgers are very tasty. :smile:

the_valenstache
07-11-2006, 02:59 PM
I've had the garden burgers but haven't tried the veggie dogs yet.The garden burgers are very tasty.

You know, I never knew they even had garden burgers until this thread popped up. I don't get out to games as much as I'd like to, but what concessions sell these?

I don't think I ever really took the time to look because I've generally accepted that most big venue places (stadiums, amusement parks, etc.) don't carry too many meatless options outside of sweets, fries, pizza, and nachos - all of which have certainly hit the spot at some point. But veggie burgers and dogs? That's great news for my girlfriend and myself.

robiwho
07-11-2006, 03:07 PM
You know, I never knew they even had garden burgers until this thread popped up. I don't get out to games as much as I'd like to, but what concessions sell these?

I don't think I ever really took the time to look because I've generally accepted that most big venue places (stadiums, amusement parks, etc.) don't carry too many meatless options outside of sweets, fries, pizza, and nachos - all of which have certainly hit the spot at some point. But veggie burgers and dogs? That's great news for my girlfriend and myself.

They've had garden burgers since at least 1997. You can get them at the stands that carry hamburgers.

itsnotrequired
07-11-2006, 04:35 PM
The Grillers Prime are good but the Morningstar Farm veggie chicken patties are even better.

Yeah, they're okay. They always seem too "soft" to me.

mrs. hendu
07-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Thanks! I'll check it out next time I'm at the Cell. :smile:

hold2dibber
07-12-2006, 08:15 AM
I heard they have PB&J at Comiskey in the kids stand in center, is this true?

Yes it is. I think they're also available somewhere in the UD.

miker
07-12-2006, 01:08 PM
I don't want to hijack, but you have to admit that's a bit extreme. I do completely agree that PETA makes a bad name for vegetarians and animal lovers everywhere;

The vegetarians (not vegans!) I know wouldn't touch PETA with a ten-foot cucumber...